Ace Attorney: The Roleplay
April 19, 2024, 04:18:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Ace Attorney RP!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

The Minoru Theory

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Minoru Theory  (Read 1409 times)
The Fury Wraith
Newbie Attorney

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2011, 05:32:51 pm »

---
We almost were at Fellums borders when we felt the shockwaves of the explosion. The ship lost control for a second, but re-activated at about 1000 ft. Thank god, we didn't crash-land. The ship lost some parts, but we were still able to keep the ship flying.
Commander mika is dead. I thought to myself when I put myself back together. He was a great commander in the Alia Mage wars.
I should probably explain what the Alia Mage Wars were. After all, I was the one who started them. It wa the longest war in Alian history lasted about 15 years. 15 years may not seem a lot to you other nations. But hey, what do you expect from a nation that lived in peace and prosperity all it's life as a nation. It all started when I was 14. I gathered together mages from all over Alia, totaling about a grand 3,000. We were cautious at first so we took over some small towns and cities. We even had a small navy. Mika was in charge of a small flagship on the side of the mages at the time. That's when the Alia's government officials started to notice. They contacted me concerning the threat that we posed to them and tried to make a treaty with our army. If we accepted the treaty every soldier in our army would receive about 5,000 telans (alian currency). If we refused, then they would confront us and show no mercy. I consulted my steward cerning the matter. We came to a stand still having VERY diffrent Ideals and I brought it to the Mage circle of alia. (The wisest mages of alia made up this circle.) We came to the conclusion that if we accepted the treaty, they wouldn't fufill their promise considering we took most of the major idustiral cities and they were also in a recession because of that. We refused and we lost the battle, Mika was the most traumatized in the battle. He lost his whole ship and crew. It upset him so much that he resigned. We got someone to take his place but he wasn't as cunning as Mika was. But we won the war anyway. I became king for 10 years and got exiled. And here I am.
"Minoru?" Eywn called "Are you OK? you look a little out of it."
"Oh, um yeah, I'm fine" I said "It's just that attack on Thereme was too sudden."
"What do you mean?" Eywn inquired
"It's that mage who set the explosion!" I shouted "He need's to be dead first before we can attack!"
"Well how are we going to stop him?" Eywn further pressed
"I think the key to beating him is on this very ship or even in jeru." I replied
Not long after that we landed. We had a moment of silence and a memorial service for Mika. Then our new journey began...
---
Obviously, Minoru doesn’t like losing strong allies with awesome ships. I love the history lesson Minoru gives us. As if his evil nature wasn’t pointed out enough already. Minoru states he was the one who started the Alian Mage Wars for one. Why? Because he wanted to conquer it, of course! What part of evil genius don’t you understand? Anyway, Minoru gathered 3000 mages. All probably thought they were fighting for justice much like Ewyn. Nice to know Minoru has totally done tricking and corrupting mages about 3000 times before Ewyn. And there also appears to have been a government of Alia. This officially proves that Minoru did not brought small nations together and named it Alia. No, Alia was already a Nation and Minoru wanted to conquer it right after he killed his master and stole his army. (Plot hole: This war appears to be the very same as the one stated in character description yet there Minoru is 21 when the war started and here he is 14. I would go deeper into it but RPs are known for their retcons so…)

The Alian government doesn’t even appear to have been evil, so the possibility of Minoru wanting to conquer it to make Alia a better place is out of the question. Minoru even states Alia had always been a land of peace and prosperity so does that mean the government was good?! Geez, the nice men of the government even offered a real good deal of a treaty to Minoru and his evil army. Different ideals? Maybe the government wanted a land of ‘’Peace and prosperity’’ but Minoru obviously couldn’t agree on that. Sure, Minoru suggest the offer could’ve been a sham but who says it truly was? And even if it was a sham, it’d be justified. Would you give 5000 Telans to an obviously evil mastermind and each of his 3000 mages plus other soldiers right after they conquered parts of your country? Also, is that a reason to trick 3000 mages to conquer the place? Not unless you are evil like Minoru, people. Oh, and get this… Minoru spits upon the offer and they lose the battle, causing the deaths of many and traumatizing Mika as a result. Did Minoru care? NO! Instead he just replaces him with some other guy and proceeds to continue the war!!! And he wins. Wow. WOW!

What is his problem!?! Is there no line this man won’t cross!? This proves that his history is a dark and evil one. This guy beats Thereme in every evil contest available. He’s done more evil things in this world than Thereme! And all while pretending to be a good guy… This is the real Minoru, people. THIS is the great good king we were introduced to. At least Thereme is obviously evil so he has standards. Thereme doesn’t corrupt poor 15 year olds that don’t know any better while pretending to be a good guy. Compared to Minoru, Thereme is a kitty! In fact, Thereme seems LOADS more of a good guy compared to Minoru. Dear goodness… Sorry for the long rant, people. Let’s go on.

---

'Sir, the female is awakening." said the doctor
"That's great! and why must you talk like that?" I said
"Oh, um, sorry sir, force of habit." I responded
"A habit you need to break." I whispered to myself as I walked away
"Eywn, I feel you should also introduce yourself. Come."
We both walked to the med room. Kea looked confused about where she was.
"W-where am I?" she asked
"I am Minoru Akihiro" I said "And your aboard the Ebon Hawk, Mika left you in my hands before he died. Or at least think he died, he's hard to kill that one."
"Mika's dead!!" Kea exploded, then groaned in pain.
"Woah, calm down!"I said firmly "Your going to seriously hurt yourself! And you don't need anymore injuries."
It was quiet for a while after that, then I sighed and said: "I should probably give you the good news, you haven't lost any body parts or broken any bones, However you have some minor bumbs, bruises and cuts around the torso area. Also it seems you have three major cuts on your torso as well that cut right down to the bone but they have recovered to an extent of about 97%."
"That's not necessarily good news" she retorted
"But it's better than being dead." I snapped back
"On a side note we have your friend here in the bed next to you. Narome, I believe it was?" I said "We are also aware of his condition of being able to suck life force, he might be surprised when he wakes up and might try to escape and try to "save" you. He might be out for a few more hours so I have my apprentice here to help you get used to the ship."
Eywn walked up to the hospital bed
"Hello, I'm eywn." He was kinda shy.
I would be too at his age, she is a very pretty lass.
"Eywn, will you help this beautiful lady find her way around the ship?" I asked
"Sure" He replied, he sounded quite excited
"All right, help her find her quarters and then once she finds them have her return here, we don't want any issues with Narome."
"Yes, Minoru!" He said
"Remember to be gentle with her! get her some crutches or have her in a wheel chair!"
"Ok!"
Eywn got a wheelchair for Kea and he was off.
---
Once again Minoru seems like a nice guy in this post. But I think he is only nice to Kea because he knows what Narome is. In case you don’t know, here is his profile:

Ok, this is my first time roleplaying so my writing skills probably suck.

Character name: Narome (pronounced like chrome)
Appearance: http://a.imageshack.us/img507/2466/coolfacev.png
Nation: Darath

Backstory: Narome was originally a kind, gentle monk, until one day he was attacked by a Tondoe, a creature that feeds and reproduces by stabbing other creatures with it's long, stabby apendages. When Tondoes do this, they feed off of some of the victim's life energy and also inject their DNA into them. The victim then transforms into another Tondoe. However, Narome was an unusual victim. For some reason, Narome's morphing into a Tondoe stopped at a certain point. He is now, for the most part, a human, but he still needs to stab people to survive. He now acts like a jerk to stop people from getting close to him, in order to prevent stabbing anyone he cares about. He is now cynical and believes that he can no longer be happy. However, he still has a soul...

Abilities: Basically, just the stabby thing I mentioned earlier, which he has to do to live. He is a little tougher than most warriors where his skin is twisted and green (his left arm, half his chest, his back and his feet). He does not use swords or magic.

Is this acceptable?

To put it clear, Minoru knows that Narome is dangerous yet he does see potential in him. He’d make a great soldier for his army and tricking/corrupting/manipulating him won’t be too hard if done right. So being on bad terms with him is one of the last things Minoru wants. So why be nice to Kea? Well, he apparently knew Narome and she were friends, as seen from the post. See, keeping Kea on good terms = Narome on good terms = profit for the army. Getting Kea away along with Ewyn from the scene was also a good idea. Now he can show his more darker side again when confronting Narome without the two figuring out Minoru might be evil.
---

"Sir, he's waking up!" alerted one of the medics
"Great, put the energy packs beside his bed and activate the glass bubble." I commanded
One of the soldier jogged to Narome's bed and placed two energy packs next to his bed and then ran to the control panel and pulled the lever. A glass bubble soon appeared around the bed. About five minutes after, he woke up.
"Hey... where am I?" Said Narome groggily
"On the AAS Ebon Hawk. You passed out during the battle." I replied
"Need... life... energy.. ugh" Narome groaned
"There are two energy packs next to your bed. One will last you Six months. but if you use them at the same time they will cancel each other out. So, I advise you to do otherwise." I stated
Narome shifted uncomfortably to the side of the bed and used one of his tentacles to pick it up.
"Ahhhhhh...." Narome sighed
Narome looked around and noticed something
"Where's kea?!" shouted Narome as he started to get up, looking around frantically.
"My apprentice is showing her to her private quarters, as well as the cafeteria."
"Where is she right now?" He asked
"I don't know where she is exactly try the cafeteria or her quarters." I explained "I will have one of my men show you around as well."
I signaled one of my men to let him out and show him around. He went over and pulled the lever and the bubble sank back in the floor.
"Oh, um, I almost forgot." Narome added before leaving. "Where's Mika"
Awkward silence filled the room
"Um... let's just say that he's passed on to a better place."
"Oh..."
And He and the soldier left with out another word.
---
Wow. I think this calls for an OOC convo. His use for the glass bubble is justified because Narome is in fact dangerous. Anyway…

Quote from LunchPolice:

Wait, if Minoru just keeps packs of life energy with him, then... MY GOD, WHAT HAS HE BEEN DOING?!
Narome can only feed off a human's life energy... well, he could technically get some from an animal, but nowhere near as much. He needs to kill a person once a day. So, if there's enough for six months AND THEN SOME... THEN?!

MINORU, YOU MONSTERR!!
seriously omfg
anyway, gombarry, could you please edit your post? six months is a very, very long time, and you'd be killing off a lot of plot ideas if you actually kept that. if you don't change it, i'll pretend it didn't work.  not to block you off, but i can't really work with that. plus, it turns your character into a mass-murderer. XD

I think this post does a great job explaining the situation here, but I’ll add something to it anyway. Minoru apparently has two energy packs containing LIFE ENERGY! You know, stuff that you need if you want to live. No clue how it works but Metroids seem to love this stuff. I can think of only 1 way to get Life Energy and that would be sucking it up (Stealing) from other sentient beings. Minoru just had two packs of life energy each good for 6 months. In other words…

To get this life energy, Minoru had to kill AT LEAST 360 people for these packs! As LP just stated, Minoru is a mass murderer! (But we already knew that from him starting the Alia mage wars.) He killed 360 people all for the sake of tricking Narome into joining his army!! (He hopes his nice gesture will make Narome think Minoru is a good guy.) And also to keep Narome from killing him and his soldiers. Indeed, there is no line this man won’t cross. We don’t know if these 360 people were evil or not. Maybe they even could’ve been Minoru’s subjects. Later on we get an explanation from Gombarry:

Quoted from Gombarry:

I'm sorry, I should've clarified. The pack is full of magic energy. Which I figured would be a good substitute. But you do have a good point, that would kill of the purpose of your charecter. I only did that so then you wouldn't kill off my men. I WAS originally going to give you tigers and lions to feed on, but I couldn't make that work.

Magic? Really? Where in this world can you find the magic to fuel life energy worth for 360 people? Is Minoru this powerful? If so, the world is doomed and Minoru will surely conquer it with his power. Or he could have gotten the magic from other mages. But how do you convert magic into life energy? Maybe by killing mages? Sounds like something Minoru would do. And get THIS! Minoru originally planned to give Narome tigers and lions to feed on! WHAT!? This proves that even to the animals of the world Minoru is evil! Too bad he co
uldn’t get them over on his ship. Too bad. Oh well, human life energy it is, then.

So there you have it, folks! All the evidence you need, right? The Minoru we all thought to be a good poor overthrown king might actually be a manipulative evil jerk hell-bent on ruling Alia and possibly even the world and will stop at nothing and will manipulate or kill anyone in order to do so. Does that mean he is a bad character? No. It means he actually is one of the most interesting characters in the RP, despite being evil. This list will go on if more evidence is found in the RP. Let’s hope Gombarry will continue to post in the topic.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: