Ace Attorney: The Roleplay
March 28, 2024, 03:56:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Ace Attorney RP!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Turnabout Administrators

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Turnabout Administrators  (Read 2968 times)
The Fury Wraith
Newbie Attorney

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2010, 02:09:19 pm »

August 2, 10:00 AM
District Court
Courtroom No. 3

Judge: *Slams gavel* Court is now in session for the trial of Dypo Tarch.

Christian: The defense is ready, Your Honor.

Fury: Uh... Right, the prosecution is also ready.

Judge: Hm, you are... new, right? Is it true that this is your first time prosecuting a trial?

Fury: Yes, Your Honor. I'm Fury Wraith and this is my first real trial that I'm prosecuting. I promise I'll do my best, Your Honor.

Judge: Very well, then. Your opening statement if you will, Mr. Wraith.

Fury: Right. On the 5th of July, Mr. Dypo Tarch, the Admin of the Ace Attorney RP Forum, made a topic called ''CYOA''.

Judge: Excuse me, what does CYOA stand for, Mr. Wraith?

Fury: Choose your own adventure. It's a topic where the topic creator makes a certain story and the other posters choose how the story will continue based on the options given by the topic creator. It's all just for fun and games. However, on the 6th of July, a post from Mr. Stealthjet was edited.

Judge: And why was that? Did he post something disruptive?

Fury: No. If that was the case, his post would have been deleted without question. No, this post was changed without Mr. Stealthjet's approval while he himself did nothing wrong. Here is the post in question, Your Honor. *Presents evidence*

http://yfrog.com/f/j7evidence1p/

Fury: Please pay attention to the OOC line in the middle of the post. It seems that someone is abusing his position of editing posts. And that someone is obviously Dypo Tarch!

Judge: The court accepts this post into evidence. But how are you so certain that this post was edited by Mr. Tarch, Mr. Wraith? All I read is ''It's been edited by my C R three four...''

Fury: It is writen in leet, Your Honor. Allow me to translate it. It says: ''It's been edited by my Creative Admin Powers!'' Heh, he even admitted that he is the one who editted it.

Judge: So that means the culprit was an Administrator?

Fury: Correction, Your Honor. This means that the culprit IS the Administrator! This forum only has one Admin. And that Admin is none other than Mr. Tarch! Here is evidence of that. *Presents evidence*

http://yfrog.com/f/44evidence4p/

Fury: As you can see, only the Admin, Mr. Tarch, could have done this. There is no doubt that Mr. Tarch is guilty!

Christian: >Objection!< Mr. Wraith, I fail to see why you think that you have a case here. You just said that only an Admin could have done this. Even so, is it really a crime for an Admin to edit a post? Aren't Admins allowed to edit whatever they want?

Fury: W-Well, I'm pretty sure that is not 100% true...

Christian: Oh really? And I suppose you have evidence that proves that claim?

Judge: I must agree with Mr. Dissarea, Mr. Wraith. You really should show evidence that proves your claim.

Fury: Very well. *Presents evidence*

>Take That!<

http://yfrog.com/f/j4evidence3p/

Fury: Please pay attention to the post in the very middle of the three posted by Dypo. I'm quoting here: ''This topic is beginning to derail, and then I'll have to mod myself. And yes, I'm reluctant to do that, though I will have to follow the rules to form an example.'' Even if Mr. Tarch is an Admin, he must still follow the rules. Mr. Tarch can still be put on trial for his crime. It's even coming out of his own mouth! Heheh! How's that?

Christian: Don't get cocky, kid. This was just a little test.

Judge: There is just one more thing I would like to know. Why would Mr. Tarch do all this? What is his motive?

Christian: Correct. One could deduce from the evidence you just showed us that Mr. Tarch is a man who likes to follow the rules. He would have no reason to edit the post of Mr. Stealthjet.

Fury: You think so? I can say without doubt that Dypo Tarch has a childish side of his personality as well. His motive was simple. He is the most powerful person on the forum. That power can easily be abused. Especially if one is actually really childish. He did it just to have some fun with his Admin powers. If you want to see the true personality of a man, one must only grant him power.

Christian: And where is your evidence that proves that Mr. Tarch is actually as childish as you say?

Fury: Right here. *Presents Evidence*

>Take That!<

http://yfrog.com/f/muevidence2kp/

Fury: Please, pay attention to the chatbox part of the evidence.

Judge: This is...?

Fury: Mr. Dypo Tarch kicking me in the chatbox. The reason? ''Boom!'' If that isn't childish, then I don't know what is. *Slams desk* Your Honor! This all should be enough for a guilty verdict, right?

Judge: Hold on a moment, Mr. Wraith. Let's first hear the defense's thoughts about all this.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ikethelord3
Regular Attorney

If you're Jesus and you know it, clap your hands.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 04:40:13 pm »

Christian lounged back in his chair, careful to keep his tuxedo clean. His piercing eyes stared across the room at the prosecuting attorney, reading him. Standing up, he runs his right hand through his hair, clearing his face. "That's certainly an interesting opening statement. I see that you're a rookie. Try not to pour your entire argument into one statement, next time." The words roll from his tongue, calm and collected, yet piercing to the very soul. "But I'd like to direct your attention to a few subjects. First of all," He extended his thumb, indicating his first point. "I'd like to direct your attention to the name of the board this took place on. That's right, Random Chat."

A smirk crosses Christian's face as the first point digs in. "This board is not to be taken seriously. Anything taking place under Random Chat should be assumed to be more towards the off-topic idea. Next," He extends his index finger for his second point. "I don't see any evidence as to Dypo changing anything about the post. It would appear that Stealthjet had posted a video and Dypo merely added a bit of his own... humor to the situation." He smirked at this point, extending his middle finger. "Third, I don't seem to remember Stealth being too irritated about this little incidence. If he had been offset by the occurence, he would've protested in some way. Fourth," His ring finger extends. "As an admin, Dypo has the right to edit posts, or else the board wouldn't even allow it. Yes, it wasn't intended to be used in this fashion, but it is his choice and his right."

Christian paused for a moment to allow all the information to sink in, his four fingers still outstretched. "Finally," His last finger extends, his hand wide open. "How do you know Dypo wasn't framed by your attorney? I'd like to direct your attention to this." He flicked out a photograph. The paper slowly fluttered across the courtroom to land on the prosecution's desk. Sliding perfectly to land at his waist, the contents were easily visible.

Picture contains: http://a.imageshack.us/img204/9669/framedf.png

"I've taken the liberty of highlighting the vital part. Can you tell me who last edited this post?" Before waiting on an answer, he responded. "Stealthjet. Your so-called innocent victim." Christian's grin intensified, punching down through the brain straight to the heart. "How can you prove that Dypo was the one to edit the post and not Stealthjet, merely claiming that my client did it?"
Report Spam   Logged

And the angel said to him, "Stop hitting yourself!" But he could not, for the angel was hitting him, with his own hands.
The Fury Wraith
Newbie Attorney

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 07:51:05 am »

(OOC: I'd like it if someone would control the Judge for when it's time to give a verdict. So... Who should control the Judge when the time comes? Rashrules, perhaps?)

(IC:)

Fury: Hmm, I knew it would come to this... (Hmm, looks like this guy is a pro. If I'm not careful, he might make Newbie minced meat out of me.)

Fury puts his hands into his pockets

Fury: While Random Chat is certainly just for fun, the same rules apply there as anywhere else on this forum. And even though it was more or less harmless, I still plead for a guilty verdict for Mr. Tarch. I don't care if Mr. Tarch was just a normal poster, Admin or even King of the World. Those who are guilty should get a guilty verdict. He'd put that line in Mr. Stealthjet's post and now he denies it.

Fury crosses his arms and closes his eyes

Fury: And how do I know if Mr. Tarch wasn't framed? With some logic, I'd say that's highly unlikely. Yes, Mr. Stealthjet was the one who last edited the post, but how do you know he was the one to put that OOC line in his own post? The line says that the post was edited by an Admin and also written in a rather childish manner. Both things which belong to Mr. Tarch's persona. Also, Mr. Tarch has a motive while Mr. Stealthjet has not. Mr. Stealthjet has no reason to frame Mr. Tarch. The fact that Mr. Stealthjet was the last person to edit his post was just a little mistake on his part.

Fury slams on his desk

Fury: In the end, it is much more likely that Mr. Tarch did it the way I mentioned before. The same goes for Mr. Tarch's reasons. The fact that Mr. Stealthjet was the one to last edit the post is not evidence that he framed Mr. Tarch. Mr. Tarch is the only one who could have writen that line in Mr. Stealthjet's post. After all, Mr. Tarch has a motive and Mr. Stealthjet has not. But if you really think Mr. Stealthjet did it, then I suppose you have evidence of that, correct? Evidence that it was Mr. Stealthjet who'd put that OOC line in his own post, rather than Mr. Tarch.
Report Spam   Logged
Ikethelord3
Regular Attorney

If you're Jesus and you know it, clap your hands.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 11:32:46 am »

"If we're gonna play the 'proof' card," Christian shrugged. "Then I'll have to ask the same of you. You can't prove that Dypo was the one to place the text and not Stealth. On top of that, you seem to think that being 'childish' is reason enough for a motive. If that's all it takes to make a motive, then who's to say that it wasn't Stealthjet being the childish one by pretending that Dypo had done it?" Christian closed his outstretched fingers into a tight fist as he abruptly pounded on the table. "Who's to say that Stealth isn't every bit as immature as Dypo? If you need more for a motive, I got more. For one thing, I'm sure you've noticed that the AA:RP board isn't very active. Maybe this post was a clever ruse to provoke a case such as this one, performed by either Dypo or Stealthjet in an attempt to increase activity. If this event hadn't happened this incidence wouldn't have ever arose. And, now, I'd like to prove that both your client as well as mine are willing to pull a stunt such as this one merely to provoke activity."

Christian tossed a folded up sheet of paper across the room, landing on the prosecutor's desk. Unfolded, it read:

http://aceattorneyrp.smfforfree3.com/index.php/topic,34.0.html

On the backside of the paper, it read:

http://a.imageshack.us/img38/3048/dypo.png

"As you can see here," Christian declared, pointing at the sheet of paper. "Both clients would be willing to put forth effort in raising activity and interest in this very RP. Now, this evidence affects both your client, as well as mine. However, I feel that this would be a poor reason for punishment, as the outcome turned out to be a positive effect." Christian held out his arms, signalling to the courtroom, itself. "None of this would be happening if this hadn't happened."
Report Spam   Logged

And the angel said to him, "Stop hitting yourself!" But he could not, for the angel was hitting him, with his own hands.
The Fury Wraith
Newbie Attorney

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 03:19:24 pm »

Fury: So you think the culprit's motive was to provoke activity, huh? Well, I guess that could be possible... And I may know a way to uncover the truth behind all of this.

Fury snapped his fingers in the direction of the Judge in order to get his attention.

Fury: Um, Your Honor? I'd like to summon Mr. Stealthjet on the witness stand.

Fury turned his attention again to Christian.

Fury: Very well then, Mr. Dissarea. So you think that it's also possible that Mr. Stealthjet could have been the one to edit that post, right? Well, how about we let him testify to hear how things happened according to him? If Mr. Stealthjet happens to be the real culprit, then I'm sure you'd be able to find some contradictions in his testimony, correct? Then, we'd find the truth about all of this in no time!

Fury waited for Stealthjet to appear on the witness stand. Once Stealthjet was on the stand, Fury spoke once more.

Fury: You are Mr. Stealthjet, correct? A Defense Attorney? On the 6th of July, your post was edited without your permission, right? Please, could you tell us more about it? Could you testify to the court how it all happened according to you? And remember, you are under oath. I would only like to hear the truth from you, please.
Report Spam   Logged
stealthjet
Regular Attorney

Eye'm the stongest!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 06:50:34 am »

Stealthjet: *Takes the stand* Very well, I shall testify to everything that has happened in the greatest detail that I can remember. Be warned, it might be quite long.

Fury: That is not a problem, the purpose of a court of law is for justice, and the more detail, the better.

- I took part in the "CYOA (Non AA-Related)" topic in the "Random Chat" board.

- At July 06, 2010, 07:20:30 am according to time on this board, I made a post post in the topic.

- The original post simply consisted of a youtube video to the ending song of a game called "portal". The song's name was "still alive".

- This song is a reference to the Dypo's post right before my post, where he stated that "you" (referring to the reader/character) are still alive multiple times and also to portal, which is quite obvious, considering the video.

- Unfortunately, I forgot the exact video in question. There is more than 1 video of the song on youtube. Nevertheless, the exact video is irrelevant.

- Not too long after I posted the video, Dypo edited it to showing the "White Lies - Death" video. I've never seen this video before.

- Dypo even told me about the edit on the Xat chatbox. Unfortunately, the evidence is already gone.

- Annoyed, I immediately went to edit the video again to add the "mini court case", which are shown quite obviously in the edit. This edit was done at 10:12:57 am on the same day I posted

- I recognised that Dypo is the admin and creator of the forum, and effectively almighty in this forum.

- At the point, I wasn't aware that Dypo himself had stated he would have to enforce the rules on himself. I was only aware of it when the forum member "Ikethelord3", or in another way, you, Mr. Dissarea, pointed it out.

- I wasn't aware because I do not visit the fanfiction board, I found out later that it was posted in "Christian Dissarea: The Thug in a Suit" topic after searching for the source of the post.

- Thus I didn't think that there was anything that could be done against him.

- However, after I had known that Dypo himself stated that he would have to mod himself to enforce the rules, I decided to actually take this up to a proper court as he is, unfortunately, not doing what he should have done to uphold his statement.

- If Dypo could be free to simply edit other people's posts for this own amusement, he is obviously abusing his power, and he must be held responsible. Especially since his statement meant that even he, as an administrator is not exempt from the rules.

Stealthjet: Well then, that is all that I have to say. I suppose they are detailed enough and there aren't any questions? Then again, I'm sure you can always be nit-picky and find something to question. And now, in reference to your accusation that I did it to create activity...

>OBJECTION!<

That topic I created does not show that I would be willing to carry out such a stunt to increase activity! I created a formal discussion topic on how we should increase activity. it just shows that I was concerned about the activity on this forum.
Instead, you have proved that Dypo would be capable of doing such a thing like deliberately breaking the rules to incite a case against himself! Previously, it was a spelling error; now, it's abusing his administrator powers to edit my post for his own amusement!
Unfortunately, abuse of power is by no means a small matter; and this must be fixed, or it would happen again, regardless of whether the outcome is good or bad.

(OOC: Hey, if you've seen that topic, why don't you provide your input instead of just using it as evidence?)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 08:35:18 am by stealthjet » Report Spam   Logged
rashrules
Newbie Attorney

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 07:58:50 am »

*walks in late and quietly takes his place in the audience, without attracting any attention*

rashrules: Dypo, on trial, again? Things never seem to go right for him, do they?
Report Spam   Logged
McFazzer
Newbie Attorney

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 06:36:11 am »

As I silently move into the audience the tiny dust particles are highlighted by the soft light radiating from the light-source overhead. As I sit in the surprisingly soft seat I glace at my watch, a cheap plastic thing I purchased outside to substitute for my more expensive one that would have been caught out by the metal detectors and security guards, for all its non-time-keeping peripherals and gizmos. I have decided Daemon Wolfe would not be a suitable spectator so I have come as John Rathbone. A British gentle-man dressed in a tweed suit, more suitable to be in 1901 than such a modern setting. Peering out through ever-so-slightly misshapen salt-and-pepper hair I look closer to forty-five than my natural nineteen. The best part about being Mr Rathbone means that despite being out-of-place I can keep eyes averted with a superior air accustomed to a well-born British aristocrat. My contacted sapphire blue eyes scan the court-room taking in every detail and all possible escape routes. I settle in for the rest of the trial.
Report Spam   Logged
Dypo
The Overworked Sprite Artist
Administrator
Experienced Attorney

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 09:31:45 am »

((OOC: Psst, Rashrules. We've been thinking... And we've come to the conclusion that, since you weren't present at the crime scene (read: Unconnected), you are the best person suited to play the Judge. I mean, we can't exactly play the Judge ourselves, can we? We'd just make him agree with us time and again. That's why we need someone unrelated to preside over the case.

Shortly summarized, can you play the Judge, Rash?))
Report Spam   Logged

HOLD IT!
Whilst scrolling, you may have missed the above post, which contains a vast amount of truth, reason, and wisdom.
You should read it.
rashrules
Newbie Attorney

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 08:39:42 am »

Alright, I'll play Udgey. I might occasionally get inactive though.
Report Spam   Logged
Dypo
The Overworked Sprite Artist
Administrator
Experienced Attorney

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 09:28:27 am »

((Alright, the Judge has been recruited. Don't get biased, Rash!))
Report Spam   Logged

HOLD IT!
Whilst scrolling, you may have missed the above post, which contains a vast amount of truth, reason, and wisdom.
You should read it.
Chaze the Chat
Newbie Attorney

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 12:45:28 pm »

I'll be the understudy judge if rashrules is inactive.
Report Spam   Logged

singapore123
Newbie Attorney

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 06:06:50 am »

*walks in even moar late and quietly takes his place in the audience, without attracting any attention*
Singapore123:Huh. Nobody saw me again? Well, let's see Dypo's trial.
*Smiles Grin*
Wait, Dypo, Dypo, Dypo, hmmm. Oh THAT Dypo. He always get on trial.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 05:55:10 am by singapore123 » Report Spam   Logged

AAO/WIKI LINK
Conzetari
Newbie Attorney

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2010, 07:57:52 pm »

Detective Zeta quitely yawned as he attempted to compare the length of string which had frayed off his coat to current state of the trial. Although it appeared to break away from the original fabric of the coat, it remained uniform and straight. No so much that it was implying a deviation from it's origin, more of a metaphor for the devolution of the case in terms of core argument. It appears this case is more about the morality of Dypo's decision to edit the post instead of the legality of his decision. Zeta pulled the loose thread off his coat, not making a metaphor to the case, simply returning his coat to it's original state. He checked his pocket watch, as irrelevant to the case as the passage of time was, it appeared that a counter-argument was becoming increasingly likely to occur.

"If this case was not based on morality, I would be more inclined to choose a side," Detective Zeta spoke aloud as he stretched in his seat in the audience gallery, much to the dismay of the incredibly British-looking gentleman seated next to next to him. "Sorry, mate." Zeta muttered.

The gray detective, Zeta, closed his eyes and focused intently on the sound of the court-room's air conditioning unit. Nothing to do but wait, now.
Report Spam   Logged
singapore123
Newbie Attorney

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2010, 07:01:46 am »

(I'll be the judge, CO- JUDGE,OK? I am not a good writer...)

JUDGE:Yes. It is no small matter if he DID abuse his powers, but...
>Objection!<
Christian: But Stealthjet is the person who made the last post!
>Objection!<
Fury:But he could edit it again! Unless somebody knows who really edited it, it is of no use!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 08:12:30 am by singapore123 » Report Spam   Logged

AAO/WIKI LINK
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: