Ace Attorney: The Roleplay
March 29, 2024, 06:48:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Ace Attorney RP!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Ideas on improving publicity and activity?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideas on improving publicity and activity?  (Read 1197 times)
stealthjet
Regular Attorney

Eye'm the stongest!

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2010, 11:46:58 am »

Well then, I thought I'd just open this up for discussion.
As we all know, the forum does seem somewhat inactive.

I doubt there are actually much of any people who actually know of this, although we have loads of posts in the GameFAQs topic. I think this might possibly be due to the name of the topic, how about creating a topic for recruitment into this? Although that might be somewhat offtopic on GameFAQs.

I think we might also want to involve more people. Each case basically has like only 2 people doing something most of the time, the prosecutor and the defense attorney. Either we involve more people in 1 case, although I not sure how this could be done effectively as I would still see that the lawyers on each side would get most of the screen time.
I would think that the people on a case could be:
  • Plaintiff/Complainant
  • Defendant
  • Prosecuting attorney & co-council (2 people)
  • Defense attorney & co-council (2 people)
  • Judge (an actual person unrelated be the Judge, I believe Dypo actually suggested this before)
  • Alternatively, Jury
(we have more than 1 person making the judgment and they can discuss and give us their reason for the verdict as well, which may or may not be challenged; depending on circumstances. We would still have a Judge, but he would be more of like the current Judge we have now where he simply handles the court proceedings and is controlled by everyone.)
[/list]
Not including the Judge, that's 6 people at max. And 4 lawyers. Still, The Plaintiff and defendant is not going to be able to do much. So it's basically 4 people arguing against each other...

Alternatively, we have more cases or even multiple cases occurring at the same time. Of course, this would mean we need to find more things to argue about.

Does anybody have any ideas to improve the activity and/or publicity?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 12:08:10 pm by stealthjet » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Dypo
The Overworked Sprite Artist
Administrator
Experienced Attorney

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 04:48:37 am »

The idea of having multiple cases occur simultaneously appeals to me. We should be sure to implement it somehow. Though, we'll need to detail the evidence at the very beginning, and have an actual person testify. Otherwise, it's just us making up testimonies and including contradictions on purpose. This will make it much better.

It's good to see Stealth was called to testify, as well. I'll also be making a social board, though I'm not sure if it's gonna help. But I will have some stories about my failures with women. *sigh* How can I be so ignorant...?
Report Spam   Logged

HOLD IT!
Whilst scrolling, you may have missed the above post, which contains a vast amount of truth, reason, and wisdom.
You should read it.
stealthjet
Regular Attorney

Eye'm the stongest!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 08:46:52 am »

Having multiple cases is easy, each case can take 1 topic. The problem is finding cases to argue about.

I now have a new suggestion.

We have a game called nomic, forum version. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nomic)
Basically, it's a game where we can modify the rules of the game.
There are a few modifications of course. In addition to adapting the voting system for this forum, we can also have a court trial whenever we think somebody is breaking the rules, and we can have some sort of point system and punishment whenever somebody does break a rule.
I believe the first thing we're going to be arguing about is the initial set of rules, or we can be completely arbitrary about this initial set.
For reference, here's original "initial set of rules" for nomic: http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/writing/nomic.htm

I think that a new board should be created for this to facilitate playing this game.

btw. We seriously need more people.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 08:48:32 am by stealthjet » Report Spam   Logged
Ikethelord3
Regular Attorney

If you're Jesus and you know it, clap your hands.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 05:42:45 pm »

We shouldn't go about finding more people when we're hardly doing anything with the ones we already have.
Report Spam   Logged

And the angel said to him, "Stop hitting yourself!" But he could not, for the angel was hitting him, with his own hands.
Dypo
Administrator
Experienced Attorney

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 02:58:57 am »

We aren't doing much with the ones we have because you haven't found a counterargument yet.  Sorry, but it's true.
Report Spam   Logged

HOLD IT!
Whilst scrolling, you may have missed the above post, which contains a vast amount of truth, reason, and wisdom.
You should read it.
stealthjet
Regular Attorney

Eye'm the stongest!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 05:00:41 am »

Well, in addition to that, we have only 1 case running. We need more cases or something. I basically figured that if we get more people, we would get more things going on, then activity as a whole will increase.
Mathematically speaking, for each person that joins, the potential for interaction increases by the current number of people in the forum, which is a quadratic increase (eg. At 5 people, if a person joins, we get potential for 5 more interactions. This becomes the triangular number pattern which increases quadratically). Then again, this is an ideal case and assumes everybody is active. We probably need to get everybody's motivation up.
Report Spam   Logged
Axel Akamarus
Newbie Attorney

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 11:17:44 pm »

I could post this website on my forum at htpp://randoma.omgforum.net/ and see if they want to join.
Report Spam   Logged

Garbage Day! *gunshot* - Silent Night, Deadly Night 2
Dypo
Administrator
Experienced Attorney

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 01:31:21 am »

You could try that. I'm already recruiting people at AAO (Ace Attorney Online), and so far, two people have joined. It's not a bad method.
Report Spam   Logged

HOLD IT!
You should read it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: