Ace Attorney: The Roleplay
March 28, 2024, 03:39:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Ace Attorney RP!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Ace Attorney RP

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Ace Attorney RP  (Read 8415 times)
stealthjet
Regular Attorney

Eye'm the stongest!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 07:36:46 am »

Case 4: Dypo v. Jeremiah, trial 2nd part

Quote from: Rashrules
Courtroom No. 3

Judge: Court will now reconvene for the trial of Jeremiah Justice. We were left with quite a surprise yesterday. The person accused of being the one who hired Jeremiah, Prosecutor Omega, showed up, but turned out to be a fake.
We concluded that there could be two possibilities; either he is guilty and sent the fake as a decoy or someone sent the fake to frame him and make us assume the first possibility on purpose.
We also concluded that it would be in Omega's best interest if he shows up today to testify.
(reference: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/945812-ace-attorney-investigations-miles-edgeworth/54254361/602630150)

So, has he showed up yet?

Dypo: Err... no.

Judge: I see! Well, we can't continue the trial if he isn't here. And since he isn't here, he's just incriminating himself further. Besides, this is Jeremiah's trial, not Omega's. I'll hand down Jeremiah's verdict now...

Rashrules: Wait... well, your honour, we have reason to believe that Omega is... dead.

Judge: Dead?!

*crowd murmurs*

*Rashrules explains everything which he deduced, except the parts about Chief Justice*
(reference: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/945812-ace-attorney-investigations-miles-edgeworth/54254361/603092937)

Judge: Ahh! But... it's a theory, isn't it? All we have to back it up is that he didn't show up today!

Rashrules: Nobody has seen Omega in person since the attempted poisoning on Dypo. Yes, Omega supposedly gave orders with the approval of Chief Justice to not let anyone talk to Jerry. But when he did so, did he appear before the guard in person?

Judge: Hmm... it's extremely likely that what you're saying is true. What are the defence's thoughts on this?

Dypo: The defence agrees with the prosecution's theory. We both discussed the possibilities thoroughly yesterday.

Judge: This brings up a few questions: Who killed him? Did he commit suicide to escape punishment for his crimes? If he was planning on committing suicide, then why did he send the fake anyway?

It seems that we've reached an unexpected turn again. But, I'll have to hand down my verdict anyway. We don't have anything left for us to continue with; the defendant has confessed and his supervisor is believed to be dead. The defendant, Jeremiah Justice, is...

Dypo: >HOLD IT!<
Your honour, do you remember my supervisor theory? That Omega himself had someone watching him?

Judge: Yes, I do. Don't tell me... you have someone else to accuse?

Dypo: Well, during the discussion between me and Rashrules we changed the theory to match some new facts which came up. We think that Omega wasn't Jerry's supervisor, but that both of them were working together under one person.

Judge: And do you have an idea who this person might be?

Dypo: We do, actually. This person is... uh... Rashrules, why don't you tell them?

Rashrules: Errm... you say it. You were the one who objected, after all.

Dypo: No, no... please be my guest. I insist.

Rashrules: I insist more.

Judge: OUT WITH IT!

Rashrules: It's, uhh, the person we are accusing... he's a... well, he's... he's Chief Justice.

Judge: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

*crowd starts yelling*

Judge: Do you realize what a grave accusation you have made?

Dypo: Actually, we can back it up.

*Dypo explains everything, from their meeting with Chief to deducing why Omega was killed. He says everything which Rashrules did, but with the details about Chief Justice included*

Judge: The theory fits together, but so what?! Chief Justice is a noble man and would not commit such crimes!

Rashrules: Why don't we have him on the stand, then? He's in the audience, isn't he?

Judge: H-how did you know that? I haven't even seen you glance in the audience's direction...

Rashrules: He's watching us all the time. He's the mastermind behind all of this. He can't afford to make mistakes, not since he didn't have the full details of the poisoning trial to give to James when sending him as the fake Omega. He didn't have complete knowledge of that trial, and that cost him when the decoy was sent. He can't make another error like that.

Judge: V...Very well. Chief Justice, please take the stand.

*Chief takes the stand*

Chief: I never thought I would see the day...

Dypo: You mean the day where your crimes are brought to light?

Chief: I know of no such thing. I meant the day that two great lawyers would go down in flames.

Rashrules: Enough of that, we will expose what you did.

Chief: Isn't this a jok--

Dypo: Shut up and testify.

Chief: You-you dare say that to m-

Dypo: I said, shut up and testify.

Rashrules: And you heard him loud and clear.

Chief: You'll pay for this...
________
TESTIMONY

-This is just a silly theory. No evidence, or motive. Can you give me any of those? Now, stop wasting my time.
________

Rashrules: WHAT?! That's too short to count as a testimony!

Chief: A short testimony for a short-lived accusation.

Judge: I agree. Solid evidence and motive are the most important things when accusing someone. If you want to back off now, you can. But the consequences for what you have said will not be alleviated.

Rashrules: Dypo, you're up. It's cross-examination time.

Dypo: ...

Quote from: Dypo
Dypo: (I don't know if I'm right, but... I have to do something, right?)
___
CROSS - EXAMINATION

-This is just a silly theory. No evidence, or motive. Can you give me any of those? Now, stop wasting my time.

So you REALLY have no motive?

Chief: Like I said, I don't. Now get outta my face, I got work to do.

Dypo: Urk. (Wait... What if it's related... to the former Chief Justices? Has something disturbing ever happened?)

Judge: Looks like the defense has nothing to say. I apologise for this time - consuming -- not to mention useless -- accusation, Mr. Justice.

Chief: I knew it from the very beginning. However renowned a defense attorney may be, he'll never lay a single finger on Chief Justice.

Dypo: >OBJECTION!<
Please, Your Honor! Let me ask him one more question!

Judge: But the Chief-

Rashrules: I agree, Your Honor! We can't leave anything unexplored! If we don't examine this from every angle, evidence may be destroyed before we get to it!

Judge: Nggghh... Okay, then. Mr. Justice, could you lend us a little bit more of your time?

Chief: No, I don't believe I can. I have some relaxation to do at home, and I won't waste time on baseless accusations.

Dypo: If they're so baseless, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about, am I right?

Chief: I suppose not. But I'm still not convinced this is worth my time.

Rashrules: If you would just cooperate, then you'd be on your way home in a matter of minutes. IF you're innocent, that is...

Chief: Hmph. I don't care to waste any more precious minutes, so you had better get on with it.

Dypo: Thank you. I only have one question anyway.

Judge: Well, what is it?!

Dypo: It's simply this. I'm not sure if it's credible, but...
*ahem* As you might recall, yesterday we asked you if we could question Jeremiah, your nephew.

Judge: Where are you going with this...?

Dypo: You'll know if you let me finish my story, amirite?!

Judge: Yes sir.

Dypo: Good. But for some vague reason, you disagreed with our terms. We already said Jeremiah was to help us in our search for his supervisor, whom we believed to be Omegamaster006. It wouldn't get him in any more trouble, and yet... you started to get a little overprotective. You shouldn't have any reason to keep us from getting to Omega, right? If we don't find Omega, all guilt will be pinned on Jeremiah, since he could very well have thought up his "supervisor" on a whim.

But... What if the real reason was that Omegamaster006 was actually dead? If we found out what happened to him, we could trace all the evidence back to you.

Chief: Who says he's dead?! That you haven't seen him doesn't mean he's necessarily dead, you know.

Dypo: Then that means that one person knows his whereabouts. A person who's spoken to him only yesterday!

[Present -> http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/945812-ace-attorney-investigations-miles-edgeworth/54254361/602766552 -> Chief's letter]

Prosecutor Rashrules,

I know that my nephew has caused you a lot of trouble, but I can't allow him to get into any more trouble. I'm deeply sorry about this, I just don't want him to get further involved in this. Prosecutor Omega told me what could happen to poor Jeremiah... and I can't let that happen.

Chief Justice

Chief: Whuh?! Th-That d-doesn't prove a-anything! For example, you can't say it was I who wrote it!

Dypo: Handwriting analysis.

Chief: ...!

Dypo: If we examine the handwriting on this letter, we'll know it was YOU who wrote it. Well, Chief Justice?! Or should I say... Chief Injustice?!

Chief: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Dypo: (He -- He broke down! Did that do it?)

Chief: Ha ha ha... Ho ho ho... Hee hee hee...

Judge: Mr. Justice, what are you chuckling about? This is no laughing matter! If that letter turns out to be yours...!

Chief: It seems... It seems you've overlooked something... Ho ho ho...

Dypo: (That laugh gives me the chills...)

Chief: Maybe the handwriting is mine, yes... But can you prove when I spoke to Omega? If you can't prove that, you have no case!

Dypo: (...
...Is that all? I can easily prove that, to be honest. Looks like it's my turn to chuckle...)
Hoh hoh hoh... (Not the best impression, but it will do.)

Chief: What?! You aren't... You can't... prove it... can you?

Rashrules: Oh, I'm sure he can. Right, Mr. Dypo?

Dypo: Indeed. Members of the court. I would like you to think back to when Jeremiah's trial was.

Judge: ...! It was... yesterday... wasn't it?

Dypo: And when did you go to the Detention Centre, Mr. Rashrules?

Rashrules: I'm fairly certain it was right after his trial...

Dypo: So you see, Mr. Justice, the only time that note could have been left, is right after the trial! Right after you talked to the real Omegamaster006. Unless, of course, you impersonated him after killing him, and delivered that note yourself!

Or... would you happen to know where the real Omega is? But of course, that's impossible, seeing as the real Omega has been disposed of. Well, Mr. Justice? Can't worm your way outta this one, can you?!

Chief: NOOOoOOOOOoOOOOOoOOOOoOOOOoOOOOoOOOOOOoOOOOoOOOOOOOoOOOOOOOOOOOO! tHaT'S ImPOsSIbLe!!! dAmN yoU...

Quote from: Stealthjet
Stealthjet: Wait...*Gasp* Oh snap!

Dypo: Huh? Did I do something wrong?

Stealthjet: No, the problem is... ...you did nothing.

Chief Justice: Ho ho ho...this little game of yours might lead somewhere, but you seem to be acting on pure speculation here. Can you actually prove that Omegamaster006 is actually dead? No. You're taking that just because none of you have seen him, he's dead! And the whole lot of you is simply acting on this premise to come up with this ridiculous conclusion!

*Audience start muttering*

Judge: *Slam gravel* Order in court! Defense attorney Dypo, do you have any concrete evidence to back up your claim?

Dypo: Ugh...no, at best, we only have circumstantial evidence. However, given this circumstances, won't it be sufficient to convict Chief Justice?

Judge: No! We are talking about a very honorable man here, one who has helped charged many guilty criminals and ensured many innocent people are not wrongfully convicted. It would be a great injustice to charge him on such weak evidence!

Dypo: There's more. If he really didn't want Jeremiah to get into any more trouble, why did he reject our request? If we had simply found Omega, who was supposedly the real supervisor, Jerry wouldn't have to be convicted for the entire plot. Therefore, I request that Chief Justice testify about the reason he rejected our request. If he doesn't have a real reason to, we can safely assume that there's more to this than meets the eye.

Dypo: And he has a motive, too. Remember what happened to Chief Justice in AA4? He was found out by a certain defense attorney. What if he -- the Chief -- caught wind of it? The Chief Justice there was probably convicted. That time, it wasn't even a particularly capable defense attorney.

So... What would happen when two attorneys, burning with passion, investigate a related crime? It would definitely mean you would be found out. So you took precautions. You planned on killing me first, so you made Omega poison me.

You could have poisoned me and Rashrules at the exact same time, but you didn't. It would be too suspicious if two attorneys were poisoned at the same time. Sure, it was possible, but you were cautious. Later, you had no choice but to send your nephew to kill me, as Omega was already dead. If you'd like to disprove my logic, you'll have to let Jerry testify, whether you want to or not.

I've also sent some officers out to search for Omega. If he isn't found within 10 days, that'll be sufficient proof of his death, am I right? And then, you'll have to explain why you used James as a decoy for Omega, and why you used Omega's name in your letter, even though he was already dead at that point in time.

You can say it's speculation. You can scream it if you like, but if you're really innocent, you have nothing to worry about. Omega will be found, Jeremiah's sentence will be reduced in terms of graveness, and you... You'll live your happy-go-lucky life, knowing that you've escaped the relentless arm of the law. I see no losses to be had if you're innocent. Don't you agree?

Chief: ...I don't know what you're talking about.

Dypo: What?!

Chief: What is this 'related crime' you speak of? If I remember correctly, the first attack on you was right after YOUR first case. Unless that particular case had something to do with me, I really don't know where it leads any of us.

Judge: *nods* That was the case which happened during my holiday...

Rashrules: Fine, maybe that wasn't your motive. But what about the letter you wrote? Care to explain in detail?

Chief: Well... I'll confess.

Dypo: (Did I hear him right?)

Rashrules: (Did he just say...?)

Judge: (...confess?)

Chief: Hmph! I'm not confessing being Marina's murderer or Dypo's attacker! I'll testify and explain everything.
________
TESTIMONY

-Right after Day 1 of this trial, I called Omega on the phone. He didn't answer.

-I went to his house but it was locked. I looked in through the window and nobody was there.

-I knew that Dypo and Rashrules suspected him. I was there for the meeting about the 'trap' trial. They announced it publicly at the current trial on the first day.

-So I thought he committed suicide. He couldn't handle the pressure of all of this.

-However, as likely as it seemed, I could not report the suicide without evidence, as he was just missing.

-Jeremiah was also there at the first meeting, and I visited him and told him about this 'suicide'.

-Then I realized my mistake. The two attorneys would visit Jeremiah and pressurize him until he spilled the details about the suicide and other information.

-I wrote that letter to stop them from visiting him. I mentioned Omega's name in it to make it seem natural since he was the suspect, and it wouldn't trouble him because he was no longer in this world.
________

Judge: ...Although what you did was wrong, I admit that if any of us were in your shoes, Mr. Justice, we would have done the same. It was very noble of you.

*crowd mutters in approval*

*someone comes in*

Bailiff: Mr. Rashrules! Here's the report you asked for!

Rashrules: Thank you. *takes the report*

Judge: What's in that report, Mr. Rashrules?

Rasrules: It's... something interesting.

Dypo: (He's smirking... it looks like he's about to reveal something big)

Rashrules: Sorry, but the cross-examination will have to wait. Let's take a look at this...

Rashrules: I'm sure you all know a certain person named... Voltgloss?

Dypo: He was the defence attorney in your first trial, wasn't he?

Judge: I remember him well. He was an enigmatic young man!
But what has he got to do with this?

Rashrules: You know that he has been reported missing, right? After the first recess of the trial was over, he didn't show up.

Judge: That was quite strange. Nobody has seen him since.

Rashrules: Did you know that Voltgloss and Chief Justice are... related?

Chief: Grr...

*crowd murmurs*

Judge: Please, explain.

Rashrules: Right after Voltgloss disappeared, the trial ended. In my next trial, we found that the crime was deliberately set up to make the trial happen. It was so that the same person would be a part of courtroom action.

Dypo: Hehe... I still remember that day...

Rashrules: If any new trial were to happen, chances would be that me and Voltgloss would face each other again, providing he didn't disappear. Both of us were rookies at our profession at that time, so if one of us took up a case, so would the other because it's easier to face someone in court who is of your own skill level. Isn't that right? That way, we wouldn't have to face very experienced lawyers who would thoroughly flatten us in court.

Judge: That is logical. But where are you going with this?

Rashrules: So, after Voltgloss disappeared, chances of what I said happening became zero. Instead, a new, very eager attorney committed a crime as to deliberately face me in court.
(reference: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/945812-ace-attorney-investigations-miles-edgeworth/54254361/597791812)

"You fell right into my trap from the very beginning! I made that mistake on purpose to ignite another trial!"

So, our good Chief Justice thought this: Dypo moved Voltgloss out of the way to ensure that it would be him when facing me in court. It wouldn't make a difference to the prosecutor: both were beginner attorneys. But Dypo did not want anyone else to take up the case, so he 'killed' him. He was over-eager and would go great lengths to be a part of the action, further proved by the creation of the robot judge.

Dypo: WHAT?! I... I'd never to such a thing!

Rashrules: Tell that to Chief!

Chief: He... he hit the nail on the head. This... this greedy attorney killed Voltgloss. There's no proof of that, so I didn't file a case. You see, I don't make accusations without proof, unlike some people.
But... I didn't try to kill you. An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

Dypo: I swear, I wouldn't do anything like that! You have to believe me!

Rashrules: I believe you; I just stated what Chief might have assumed, and I was right.
Now, we have a solid motive for you, Mr. Justice.

Judge: Ah...ah... this is a bit much for an old man like me. We'll get back to this later. Let's begin the cross-examination.

Dypo: ...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 09:42:47 am by Dypo » Report Spam   Logged
stealthjet
Regular Attorney

Eye'm the stongest!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2010, 07:39:44 am »

Stealthjet: *Stands up and points finger* >OBJECTION!<
In defense of Dypo, I shall state that there is a flaw in both of your logics!

Rashrules: Oh? And would you care to explain this flaw of yours?

Stealthjet: Gladly. First of all, you state that Dypo had removed Voltgloss so he could be an attorney against you. However, did you notice when Voltgloss disappeared, and when Dypo appeared?

Chief Justice: Heh, just what I'd expect from a rookie attorney. Simple thoughts from a simple person. So what if Dypo appeared long after Voltgloss went missing? Dypo could have simply waited to remove suspicion from himself! Maybe I should have you sent back to law school for failing to deduce such a simple fact?

Stealthjet: *raises hands out in a questioning manner, Edgeworth style* And if Dypo's purpose was to remove suspicion from himself, why then would he do the most suspicious thing possible?

Rashrules: Huh?! Wait...do you mean...removing Voltgloss during the trial?

Stealthjet: Indeed. If Voltgloss was indeed removed by someone, why remove him during the trial, then set up another case just to be an attorney? Why not wait for Voltgloss to finish the trial before removing him and set up another case? He has no reason to implicate himself considering that what he wanted to be on trial for (and thus defend himself) was for the crime of misspelling a word!

[Ominous music starts playing]

Stealthjet: ...Unless, if this is part of something even larger than any of us would have thought. In fact, it would be a plot that none of us would actually think possible...

Judge: Stealthjet! Explain yourself!

Stealthjet: No. I refuse to speak further. What I say would be pure speculation anyway, I refuse to speak further.

Rashrules: Hmm... You raise an interesting point, Stealthjet... and I know Dypo didn't do that. But the Chief says otherwise.

Chief: He was overexcited. His other crime was to deliberately set up the trial, and if he was THAT desperate, then he could have committed the murder of Voltgloss anytime! He let his emotions control him...

((OOC: Dypo: I'm ready to roll. Glad it wasn't all a waste, though. I had a feeling my post had some flaws...))

___

Judge: Mr. Dypo, your cross-examination, please.

Dypo: Certainly, Your Honor.

___

CROSS - EXAMINATION

-Right after Day 1 of this trial, I called Omega on the phone. He didn't answer.

What did you think of it at the time?

Chief: I thought he might simply be occupied at the time. However...

-I went to his house but it was locked. I looked in through the window and nobody was there.

How many rooms were there, exactly?

Chief: How am I supposed to know? You don't expect me to have complete plans of every attorney's home, do you?

Dypo: Right... Sorry. But I wanted to know if he couldn't have been in another room, rather than the one you've seen through the window.

Chief: No need to apologise. Actually, I do have complete plans. Just not Omega's, as he was a complete rookie. As for that other question, I didn't think he'd be, like, for example, sleeping, rather than preparing his case.

Dypo: But there's still the possibility he was, right?

Rashrules: >OBJECTION!<
... I'm sorry, but his home was searched thoroughly. There wasn't a single shred of evidence he was still there.

Dypo: (What? How does he know that? Did he ditch me when I wasn't looking? *sigh*)

-I knew that Dypo and Rashrules suspected him. I was there for the meeting about the 'trap' trial. They announced it publicly at the current trial on the first day.

Did you think Omega was the culprit, as well?

Chief: Yes, I did. It seemed to make complete sense, after all.

Dypo: I see. What were your thoughts when you realised something might have happened to him?

-So I thought he committed suicide. He couldn't handle the pressure of all of this.

What made you think he couldn't handle the pressure, exactly?

Chief: Well, like I said, I, too, thought he was the culprit. He must've realised he was only going to delay his own conviction. So he ended it prematurely.

But... He didn't kill anyone, right? He only shot me, and that wouldn't have led to execution. He would only have to go to jail for a few years, and he would've been let out after that. Why, then, would he commit suicide?

Chief: Well, I didn't know he wasn't the one who killed Marina. That's why I thought it was suicide, because he'd be executed for it.

Dypo: (Hm... So far, everything makes sense...)

-However, as likely as it seemed, I could not report the suicide without evidence, as he was just missing.

So... you didn't do anything to find out if he had really committed suicide?

Chief: No, but there was something else which I did.

Dypo: I see. And what was that?

-Jeremiah was also there at the first meeting, and I visited him and told him about this 'suicide'.

-Then I realized my mistake. The two attorneys would visit Jeremiah and pressurize him until he spilled the details about the suicide and other information.

Why did you tell him about the so-called "suicide" anyway?

Chief: I thought he had a right to know, since he was involved in it.

Dypo: But, at that point in time, you didn't have evidence of this, correct?

Chief: No, I didn't. But I told him about all my hunches as to what happened.

-I wrote that letter to stop them from visiting him. I mentioned Omega's name in it to make it seem natural since he was the suspect, and it wouldn't trouble him because he was no longer in this world.

Chief Justice. You didn't have evidence that showed that Prosecutor Omega was dead, did you?

Chief: No, but-

Dypo: That's what I wanted to hear. It shows that you knew that Omega was dead.

Chief: H-How so?

Dypo: You mentioned that "it wouldn't trouble him since he was no longer in this world", correct?

Chief: Yes, but I assumed he was because I thought he committed suicide.

Dypo: In that case, would you happen to know what would have happened if he really wasn’t dead?

Chief: Huh? But he was dead…

Dypo: … Earlier on, you stated this in your testimony:

However, as likely as it seemed, I could not report the suicide without evidence, as he was just missing.

So, with the knowledge that he could simply be missing, you STILL told you nephew about the suicide?

Chief: …!

Dypo: Mr. Justice. You knew he was dead. Because you disposed of him after he failed to kill me.

Chief: Y-You don’t h-have a shred of e-evidence!

Dypo: (He’s right about that. But…) There’s still something you need to clear up. At which meeting you told Jeremiah about Omega’s “suicide”.

Chief: I went to Jeremiah to discuss a number of things a number of times. The first time was just before you were hospitalized, I think.

Dypo: Unfortunately, that is impossible, Chief Justice.

Chief: Oh? Care to explain why it’s so impossible?

Judge: I, too, would like to hear that. Bear in mind that accusing the Chief is not without consequences, if done with indecisive evidence.

Dypo: My evidence is more than decisive, I assure you. Now, Mr. Justice, I believe you stated this in your testimony:

Right after Day 1 of this trial, I called Omega on the phone. He didn't answer.

Which means… that it was after I was hospitalized! Thus, you couldn’t have known that he had committed suicide already, as you hadn’t been to his house yet. But… why would one make such a basic mistake? Care to guess, Your Honor?

Judge: Maybe he just remembered it wrong?

Dypo: Of course not. His nephew was the one on trial. He was sitting in the audience. But that creates another contradiction. If he was sitting in the audience, then naturally, he should have known that Jerry was the killer of Marina.

Judge: But, in that case, why did he say that meeting was before you were hospitalized?

Dypo: It was almost the only time at which it could have occurred. Only little time after I got out, we apprehended Jerry. Thus, the meeting would have to be before that. After all, no one but the attorneys on this case -- that is, me and Rashrules -- were allowed to talk to him. That’s his reason. But if he knew that Jerry was Marina’s killer, then he shouldn’t have had a reason to suspect Omega of committing suicide. After all, Omega hadn’t killed anyone. What do you have to say to that, Mr. Justice?

Chief: ...

Judge: Mr. Justice... we are waiting for an answer.

Chief: I... I did it. I did kill him.

Judge: WHAT?!

Chief: I plead self-defence.

Dypo: Self-defence?! What an outright liar!

Rashrules: Let's hear him out. You exposed his lie before and I'm sure you'll do it again, Dypo. There's not much of a role a prosecutor has in cross-examinations except to debate with the defence's argument, and I agree with what you've said so far.

Chief: I'll... testify.

Your honour! He should be charged with perjury!

Judge: Overruled. We must hear him out.

Rashrules: Just because he has power doesn't mean you can't charge him!

Judge: I said, OVERRULED! Any more argument on this matter and you'll both get penalties.

Rashrules: (I've got a slight feeling that the judge might be biased...)

________
TESTIMONY

-Omega came to my office, and started yelling at me.

-He said that I was in on the "trap" trial and was going along with it for good publicity.

-I told him I was sorry that I suspected him earlier too, but he wouldn't listen.

-Attorney Chaze had delivered the gun to me which was used in the murder of Marina after my nephew was arrested. I had asked him to do so. It was resting on my table.

-It was still loaded with the 5 bullets left in it. Omega picked it up and aimed it at me.

-I jumped on him and tried to take the gun from him. While trying to wrestle it from his grasp, the trigger was pulled and he was shot dead. I cleaned up after the best as I could.

-I dumped the body in a river which is about 25 km northeast of town.

-I lied earlier... but I didn't do it for myself, but because I need to be there for my nephew when he needs support. If he sees me in trouble the poor boy would lose all hope.

________

Judge: That.... that's very touching, Mr. Justice... hold on, I have something in my eye...

*crowd mutters in approval*

Dypo: (Now he's trying to win the public's sympathy by saying "I did it for my nephew." Pathetic.)

Rashrules: Mr. Justice, I'm sure we can use Luminol on the rug of your carpet to test your story? Surely some traces of blood are still there?

Chief: ...

Dypo: There have been plenty of contradictions on your previous testimonies. Any more and it would prove one thing: you are desperately trying to cover up and it would definitely make you seem more guilty. While these testimonies relate to Omega's murder and not to the attacks on me or the murder of Marina, we'll get down to those too eventually.

Judge: ...Very well. You may begin your cross-examination Mr. Dypo.

Rashrules: I think this is the last testimony relating to the murder of Omega. Let's finish this.

((OOC: Dypo: Against all odds, I've finished it today. Brace yourselves...))

___

Dypo: Before we begin, I have something to state. Mr. Justice.

Chief: Yes?

Dypo: No matter how hard you may run, you shall not escape your crimes. This, I promise you.

Judge: Now, let's not get too enthusiastic, shall we? I don't think there's a need for-

Dypo: There is, Your Honor. There was a MAJOR contradiction in his testimony just now.

Judge: Care to enlighten us, Mr. Dypo?

Rashrules: Let him cross-examine the Chief; I, too, have spotted it, so I'm sure he's not bluffing.

Judge: Very well. Your cross-examination, please.

Dypo: Certainly, Your Honor.

___

CROSS - EXAMINATION

-Omega came to my office, and started yelling at me.

Any idea as to why he would do such a thing?

Chief: Well, he did give me a reason.

Dypo: Maybe... because you paid Jeremiah more than Omega?

Judge: *gavel slam* That's mere speculation, Mr. Dypo. I won't tolerate it.

Dypo: AHHH-HHHEMM! Let's move on, shall we?

-He said that I was in on the "trap" trial and was going along with it for good publicity.

Have you ever gone along with anything merely for the publicity?

Chief: I did play in a commercial for shower gel-

Dypo: Let's move on. I don't want to cause this court any more mental anguish.

Chief: ... I take that as an offense.

Dypo: *death glare*

Chief: That doesn't work on me. I am the one who taught Gant his Gant-stare.

Dypo: Oh. Carry on, in any case.

-I told him I was sorry that I suspected him earlier too, but he wouldn't listen.

So, you really did suspect him, did you? Or is it something you just made up?

Judge: No speculation, please. I'll have to penalize you.

Dypo: (Ack! Oops... I shouldn't press on every statement so rashly.)

-Attorney Chaze had delivered the gun to me which was used in the murder of Marina after my nephew was arrested. I had asked him to do so. It was resting on my table.

If that's the case, how did it end up at Jeremiah's house later?

Chief: Err...

Dypo: Exactly. You err'd. How do you explain that?

Chief: Er, I, um... I asked another officer to bring it back. Yeah.

Dypo: Why?

Chief: Why what?

Dypo: Why did you do that?

Chief: Because I didn't understand your question.

Dypo: (Why is he sidestepping my questions so easily? I guess I'll expose the contradictions in one blow later.)

-It was still loaded with the 5 bullets left in it. Omega picked it up and aimed it at me.

Did it look like he was really going to shoot you?

Chief: Yeah, his eyes were fixed on my chest, and his face was overflowing with anger, so I panicked.

Judge: I see. Carry on, please.

-I jumped on him and tried to take the gun from him. While trying to wrestle it from his grasp, the trigger was pulled and he was shot dead. I cleaned up after the best as I could.

And that contradicts your testimony, Mr. Justice. You clearly stated that this gun shot Omega dead. Which would mean that this gun can has been fired twice. And that would mean this gun can contain 7 bullets. But there's no room for that many bullets. How did a fifth bullet magically appear inside the gun?

Chief: That's simple, of course. I reloaded one of the bullets.

Dypo: Why the hell would you do that?!

Chief: To avert suspicion from me, of course.

Dypo: That could pass as plausible, however… why would you transport it back to Jeremiah’s house?

Judge: Ah! It was indeed in Jeremiah's house...!

Dypo: Exactly. And remember what you said in your testimony?

I lied earlier... but I didn't do it for myself, but because I need to be there for my nephew when he needs support. If he sees me in trouble the poor boy would lose all hope.

Which means... Even if you DID reload the bullet, and you DID transport it back to Jeremiah's house, that would contradict this statement! Why would you do so? To push suspicion onto your nephew, eh? Well, witness?!

Chief: ...! I-I’d never do that!

Dypo: Why did you ask Mr. Chaze to deliver the gun to you in the first place? What was your reason? Did you know it was Jeremiah who shot Marina?

Chief: No, I didn’t. I asked Mr. Chaze to do so before the trial.

Dypo: Is that so…? (Looks like he just slipped up…) Unfortunately, Mr. Justice, that is impossible.

Judge: Where are you going with this, Mr. Dypo?!

Rashrules: I think I see what he means. Shall I say it, or will you?

Dypo: I think I’ll take this one. If you think something else, I welcome you to state your opinion on this after I’m finished. Would that be acceptable?

Rashrules: (Well, technically, I’m not even back from summer camp yet, so…) I think it would be, yes.

Dypo: Very well. Let me ask just one question, then. When exactly did you ask Mr. Chaze to deliver the gun to you?

Chief: I just told you it was before the trial.

Dypo: Ah, but was it before Mr. Chaze delivered it to us, or after?

Chief: I don’t know. I think it was after... What does it matter, anyway?! Keep up with these silly questions, and I’ll have BOTH of your badges!

Judge: I’m inclined to agree with Chief. Care to elaborate, please?

Dypo: But of course. You were lying just now, weren’t you?

Chief: What the hell are you talking about…?!

Dypo: There’s no way it was after it was delivered to us. I put it in my pocket, after all. It’s the best place to keep the evidence. (Providing that the evidence isn’t too fragile, of course… Otherwise, it would be crushed by my DS, even though my pockets are custom-made and extra large.)

Rashrules: Which means it must have been before Mr. Chaze delivered it to us. Right, Mr. Dypo?

Judge: *gasp* But that would mean… that Mr. Justice… What would it mean, exactly?

Dypo: I’ll tell you. Or, more specifically, Mr. Rashrules will. You know what I mean, don’t you?

Rashrules: I do. Your Honor, what would it mean if Mr. Justice knew the gun was present, even before Jeremiah was arrested?

Judge: You don’t mean… Mr. Justice…

KNEW IT WOULD BE THERE?!

*Crowd goes wild*

Rashrules: Of course. He would know it was, as HE was the one who issued the order to kill Mr. Dypo!!

Dypo: Exactly. You can’t worm your way outta this one, can you, Mr. Justice?! Or should I say… Mr. Injustice? ("Wait a second... Did I use this phrase TWICE? Damn, fail." - Dypo)

Chief: GRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Dypo/Rashrules: (Did we do it…?)

Chief: Hehehe… Hohoho… Hahaha…

Dypo: (I don’t like where this is going… I hate that irritating laugh. Damn it.)

Rashrules: (Doesn’t he realise he’s in really big trouble? Oh, I forgot. That laugh means he’s got something up his sleeve. *sigh*)

Chief: Looks like you forgot one other thing…
___

Dypo: What could it be?! What’s his secret trick?!

Chief: Hohoho...Why don't you go ask Attorney Chaze about it then? After all, he was the one who delivered it to me.

Dypo: What do you mean? (Is he going to claim that Chaze is on his side or something now? Speaking of which, where is Chaze?)

Chief: It doesn't matter when I asked him to deliver it to me. The question should be when did he deliver it, to both you and me. So, are you two simpletons going to call him up to testify now?

Stealthjet: Wha-? (I don't get it. Is this some sort of Xanatos roulette this guy is pulling?)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 09:52:11 am by Dypo » Report Spam   Logged
stealthjet
Regular Attorney

Eye'm the stongest!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2010, 07:59:59 am »

Dypo: What you are talking about, Mr. Justice, is a contradiction which does not exist!

Chief: What are you talking about?!

Dypo: It doesn't matter when Chaze delivered them to you, or to us. All that matters, is when you asked him to. If it was before it was delivered to us, then you must've known about everything beforehand. It couldn't have been after (or at the same time, for that matter), because it was taken by us by that time. Therefore, you have to have known about everything beforehand! Care to explain how you knew?

Judge: I'm not sure if that's valid, but frankly, now even I am doubting your innocence. Care to explain? Please... It's for your own good.

Chief: Very well, I shall state again, when I asked Chaze to get me the gun does not matter.

Dypo: Grr...Have you not heard everything I just said? The only possible time that you could ask Chaze to deliver the gun was before Jeremiah's arrest, and that meant you knew about details of the case beforehand and thus you are related!

Chief: Oh really? I have no idea who the perpetrator was, I simply asked Chaze to get me the gun. The fact that the victim was shot is common knowledge, it's even in the news! How and where he got it, I do not know. Of course, unless if you have more conclusive evidence that I am related?

Judge: It appears that there is nothing wrong with Mr Justice's testimony after all. Dypo, do you have anything else to say? Otherwise court will be adjourned for a brief recess while we find Atorney Chaze.

Stealthjet: >HOLD IT!<
Chief Justice! Explain why you wanted the gun!

Chief: And why would I not? This case is under my jurisdiction, I would want to investigate cases I am responsible for, no?

Stealthjet: *Smirks* Oh? Is that so?

Dypo: You have a plan?

Stealthjet: Yes, though I'm not sure if it will work, I guess it's time to find out.

Chief: This line of questioning is meaningless! I suggest you think about what you're going to say carefully before I have you thrown out of court!

Judge: Maybe I should give you a penalty to stop you from speaking without proper thought again?

Stealthjet: My, we certainly are an inpatient bunch. Chief Justice, why would you only want the gun and not anything else? Furthermore, with Rashrules and Dypo also on the case, why did you not co-operate with them?

Chief: Hehehehe...Hahahaha! That's the basis for questioning? Since when is doing things my own way illegal? I like to see things one at a time, and I like to work on my own. Are those illegal? No.

Judge: I'm going to give you a penalty right now.

Stealthjet: >OBJECTION!<
Have you been working this way all this time then? Your behavior is both absurd and highly unproductive; an inquiry should be made with the way you work. Anyway, back to an earlier point, you said that this case is under your jurisdiction? Unfortunately, that's impossible. Jeremiah is directly related to you as your nephew, thus you should not be working on this case to prevent unfairness!

Chief: What?!

Stealthjet: Chief Justice must have no authority when pertaining to this case! All orders pertaining to this case by Chief Justice should be revoked!

*Crowd murmurs*

Judge: *Slams gravel* Order in Court! Stealthjet! Do you know what you have just done?!

Stealthjet: Why, yes I do. I am ensuring no one gets in the way of justice. Hahaha...

Dypo: (Hm... His theory sounds right at first, but still... Something doesn't feel right.)

Dypo: As much as I'd like to agree with what Mr. Stealthjet has just stated, I can't.

Stealthjet: ... What?

Dypo: Do you know when Mr. Justice supposedly issued the order to fetch the gun?

Stealthjet: It was before we discovered Jeremiah was the culprit...

Dypo: That's right. The case could have been under Chief's jurisdiction. So sadly, that's not really valid.

Chief: You see? I wasn't doing anything illegal. You should be punished. Isn’t that right, Your Honor?

Judge: Ind-

Your Honor! Would you let me finish my story first? I was merely pointing out a minor flaw! There's something else...
I do agree with the fact that Mr. Justice’s orders should all be revoked. When it came to light that Jeremiah was the culprit, it was his obligation to drop the case. But he didn’t. Why didn’t he drop the case? Surely, someone with the position of Chief Justice should know this law, hmm?

Chief: B-But I did it for my ne-

Rashrules: >OBJECTION!<
Sadly, Mr. Justice, that lie doesn’t cut it. These are the facts:
1) You are the suspect’s uncle.
2) Thus, you are not allowed to handle this case to prevent unfairness.
3) However, you still handled this case, even though you had knowledge of this particular law.
Your actions form a rather grave implication. Namely, that Jeremiah is guilty. Why would you break the law to help an “innocent” person? Surely, you would never believe your nephew had committed a random murder. He’d never even seen Marina.
Yes, you tried to help him because you knew he was guilty!!!

Dypo: You KNEW because you are the mastermind behind all this!

Chief: Hohoho… Yet again, you have entertained me well. For you see, there’s a major-

??: Uncle… you can’t keep this up forever.

Chief: …! Jerry?!

Jerry: Yes, it’s me… Uncle, this could go on forever. Your testimonies are getting sloppier, as you try to fill up the holes. While your testimonies are getting worse, their focused minds will see through your testimonies faster and faster. It’s only a matter of time…

*Crowd murmurs*

...Yeah, he should give up... It’s only a matter of time...
... Even I can see through his lies...
... ROFL this n00b is 2 dumb. Inb4suckytestimony...
... OMG he’s, like, still trying to, like, get away?...
... &^$@(^$)!*#&!(&#&!(&#()!)^&@!*(&%#(...

Dypo: (Yeah, the crowd’s on our side, and Jerry seems to be giving in, too…)

Chief: ……………… Very well. I admit to all charges. However, no conviction will be made.

Judge: WHAT?!

Chief: For you see, my escape… is near. *pulls gun* If anyone tries to follow me, they’ll taste my bullet. And if the police tries to apprehend me, I’ll start randomly killing bystanders. I’ve got plenty of bullets.
HmhmhmHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Dypo: Damn it! He’s getting away and there’s nothing we can do about it…!

Jerry: UNCLE!! Ah, damn it. He’s so stubborn…

Dypo/Rashrules: No… No… NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! We were so close!

Stealthjet: *Taking out phone under table, away from everyone's view* First of all, Dypo, while this may not be that good of a time, I must explain that Chief Justice should never have been involved since the very beginning.

Dypo: What? Do you understand the current situation, Stealthjet?!

Chief Justice: Grrr...So what? That doesn't matter now!

Stealthjet: *Pressing keys on phone* Oh, not to worry. I'll just continue my explanation. I'm sure you all remember the first attack, yes? The one where Dypo saved Jeremiah? The attacker apparently wanted to attack Jeremiah then. Thus, ever since the start of this case, Jeremiah was already involved! While he may be a victim, he was nevertheless still involved and thus Chief Justice should never have been involved in the first place due to the effect of his emotions on the investigation!

Judge: *Hiding under table* Uhh...Attorney Stealthjet, should you not be more focused on the current situation at hand here?

Stealthjet: *Grins* Oh...But there's more!

Chief Justice: Shut up! You! Shut up before I shoot you! And I mean it! *Aims gun at Stealthjet*

Dypo: *Facepalm* (Stealthjet, I have no idea what you're trying to get yourself into...)

Stealthjet: Well then, before you shoot me, allow me to show my ultimate weapon against you!

Dypo: (Huh? He has a secret weapon?)

Stealthjet: *Puts on bunny ears in a flash* HA! Fear my power! ("I lol'd." - Dypo)

Dypo: What.

Rashrules: ...That looks familiar.

Chief Justice: *Stunned* Wha-

*SLAM* *The doors of the courtroom are slammed open, a SWAT team arrives and quickly apprehends the currently stunned Chief Justice*

Stealthjet: Well...That was fast. I thought he might be able to get a few lines in before the SWAT team arrived.

Detention Centre
Questioning Room 1
People Present: 5

Dypo
Rashrules
Stealthjet
Chaze_the_chat
Chief Justice

Chief Justice: Hehehe...Hoho..Haha...Hehehehe...

Rashrules: Chief Justice, When you've finished your maniacal laughter, please start talking immediately.

Chief Justice: Hahahahaha...

*BANG*

Stealthjet:*Slams table* All right. I'm a very impatient person. You have lots of explaining to do, and we don't have so much time. Start talking.

Chief Justice: Heh. So what if you've arrested me? You still know nothing! You will never know the truth of this matter!

Stealthjet: Well now, I suggest you take better notice of your surroundings. Maybe you'll notice that there's another person here?

Chaze: You mean me?

Stealthjet: Yes. Chaze, how about explaining why you didn't arrive for the trial?

Chaze: ...Ugh! I completely forgot about it!

Dypo: What?! How could you forget your own court trials?!

Stealthjet: I'll explain for Chaze then. The day before the trial, Chaze was attacked and knocked out. He regained consciousness yesterday and went to the police station instead of the courthouse and stayed there for questioning. He was in no condition to defend in the trial anyway. The assailant was captured today. Here's a report of the attack. *Smacks report on table*

Rashrules: *Picks up report* Hmm...This says...WHAT?! Jerry was the one who ordered the attack?!

Stealthjet: Disregarding the horrendous lapse in security; Chief Justice, I'm sure you have an idea as to why Jeremiah would do that, no?

Chief Justice: Grr...What are you talking about?

Stealthjet: You and Jerry have a feud between you two, do you not? Your brother, Jerry's father, was the one who was supposed become Chief Justice, but then you somehow became the Chief Justice instead. Jerry hated you for that.

Chief Justice: Tch. That was no fault of mine. He was corrupt and was exposed for his sins.

Stealthjet: That's not our problem. Go tell that to Jeremiah. So, you accept that you and Jerry have a feud?

Chief Justice: Ugh!

Dypo: (How did you find that out? First Rashrules, now you. What has everybody been doing without me?)

Stealthjet: That's not all. When Dypo got poisoned, a blood sample was taken to identify the poison. However, since Dypo got completely cured miraculously quickly, the analysis was abandoned. I decided to have the analysis completed to find out exactly what poisoned Dypo. The result was that it wasn't a poison. It was a version of an enzyme known as ATPase that could survive high temperatures. I don't know how it was obtained, but I'd say it probably made and extracted in some bacteria.

Dypo: Erm...English, please?

Stealthjet: Basically, it messes up Dypo's body's ability to use energy, causing him to become extremely weak. However, it won't kill you. Its purpose was probably to incapacitate you.

Rashrules: That means, Dypo was never the target of murder back then?

Stealthjet: Probably. If the perpetrator of he poisoning was the same as the first attack, The target of the attack would be Jeremiah, and Dypo was just a distraction. Can't say about the 3rd attack though. Chief Justice, not only do you have a motive, but you are able to obtain the ATPase. You're the manager of a Biological R&D facility, although it is supposed to be dedicated to cancer research...

Chief Justice: *Slams table and starts pointing wildly* AAARRRGGGRRRGGHHHHH!! So you're just going to pin everything on me, eh? I'm not going to let you do that! You can't prove it! Hahahahaha...

Stealthjet: Well, let's leave it at this for now, shall we? We have another person to question.

Rashrules: Indeed, we need to clear this up with Jerry.

Detention Centre
Questioning Room 2

Dypo
Rashrules
Stealthjet
Chaze_the_chat
Jeremiah/Jerry

Rashrules: Jerry, did you know that you were the actual target of the first attack?

Jerry: I would be a fool to not realise the lies of that man by now. I was told the attack was a plan by uncle to kill Dypo. Omega was to fire at me, but miss to make it seem like I was under attack. And I would retaliate with the fake bullet. Omega would pretend to be injured, shoot, and "accidentally" hit Dypo. This way, it wouldn't seem like I had completely failed in my duty. He had told me that only the first bullet was fake. Of course, it was all a lie. Like I said before, Omega really tried to shoot me on that day. I removed the first bullet and returned fire, but it was loaded completely with fakes.

Stealthjet: Huh? I heard the recording; I thought you said it was loaded with only 1 bullet, the fake?

Jerry: I meant it was only loaded with fake bullets. Nevertheless, He wanted to kill me with that plan. During the interrogation, I spoke the truth. I wasn't going to let him get away with it. He even told me to simply say it was all part of the act and he would put the blame on Omega!

Stealthjet: Why did he want to kill you? I figured it was you who would want to kill him.

Jerry: Obviously, he hated me as well. What else would you expect from someone like him?

Dypo: What about the third attack? The one in the hospital. Why did you attempt to attack me then?

Jerry: Ugh...I figured that since you were involved with the plot to kill me, you must've been a part of it.

Dypo: (So I was attacked because of such juvenile thinking?)

Stealthjet: I believe we have all the information we need at this point. Let's get back to Chief Justice.

Chaze: Sure thing.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 09:59:58 am by Dypo » Report Spam   Logged
stealthjet
Regular Attorney

Eye'm the stongest!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2010, 08:24:56 am »

Detention Centre
Questioning Room 1

Dypo
Rashrules
Stealthjet
Chaze_the_chat
Chief Justice

Chief Justice: Heh heh heh heh... Back again?

Stealthjet: Yes. This time, we have everything we need to prove what you've done. Dypo, remember the time when you went to Jerry's house to question and arrest him?

Dypo: What about it?

Stealthjet: Was Chaze with you?

Dypo: Now that I think of it, no. Rashrules wasn't there either. He was at the detention center when we were interrogating Jerry, though. Chaze came later.

Rashrules: Sorry, I got separated from Chaze. I spent some time looking for him, but I couldn't find him. I then gave up when I heard that you arrested Jerry and went to the detention center.

Stealthjet: Chaze, could you tell us all what you did then?

Chaze: I somehow felt a bit faint and got separated from Rashrules, so I made my way back to the attorney offices to rest. I got a call from Chief Justice there. He told me that Jerry had been arrested and to bring Jerry's police issue gun to his office. He also told me where to find it in Jerry's house. I found the Taurus Millennium then, so I brought that along as well, as Rashrules had mentioned that they were going to arrest Jerry based on it. I went to the detention centre first, before delivering the police issue gun.

Dypo: The police issue gun was the same gun used in the first attack, wasn't it? You should have given it to us as well. But it's too late now...

Stealthjet: Chief. You were the one who made Chaze weak, and you told Chaze to obtain the police issue gun to lead Chaze to the Taurus, didn't you? I believe that you again used ATPase, although a much lesser amount to make him feel faint. As Chaze didn't know that much about the first attack either, he wouldn't think that the police issue gun was evidence. You were killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

Chief: You don't have any proof of that!

Stealthjet: Actually, we do. We just need to check you phone records to find out what time you called Chaze. Was it before Jerry's interrogation, or after you left halfway through the interrogation? You called just after, didn't you? As soon as you realised that Jerry wasn't following the information you fed him, you decided to have him done in by allowing Chaze to obtain evidence on him. If it was really just to remove his gun as a police officer, you would already have called as soon as he was arrested. Furthermore, you could simply tell any other police officer, especially since the detention center is in the police station, but you chose to call Chaze! He isn't even a police officer, and should not be doing such things!

Chief: Grrr...

Stealthjet: Well, nothing to say now? We have only 2 more mysteries. What happened to Omegamaster006, and why did you create a plan to murder Jerry?

*Knock knock knock*
*Door opens*

Police officer: Sir! We've completed the search in Chief Justice's house and completed the analysis! We also managed to find Omegamaster006. It was right where you said it was, at the bottom of the river.

*Present: wrecked police issue gun from Chief Justice's house, hollow plastic bullets, unidentified gun from Chief Justice's house, the bullet from Omegamaster006's body, and the ballistics reports*

Rashrules: Good job, officer. Now we have all the evidence we need.

Police officer: Thank you, sir! I'll leave now.

*Door slams closed*

Dypo: You called for a search immediately after the trial?

Rashrules: Yes. We prosecutors have the power to order and conduct investigations.

Dypo: (Man, why don't we have those kind of powers too...?)

Stealthjet: Wonderful. So now the final pieces of the puzzle are in place.

Chaze: *Picks up ballistics reports* According to these reports, the police issue gun is Jerry's, and there are traces of burnt plastic in the gun barrel. It's been wrecked, but it didn't remove all evidence on it. It should be the same kind of plastic as the hollow plastic bullets. And the bullet from Omega's body is fired from the unidentified gun. Seems like this is clear proof that you were the mastermind behind all this!

Chief Justice: AAAARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! *Flails arms wildly, static comming off his fists when he hits something* You're not gonna catch me!! I can't be arrested! I'm Chief Justice! I AM the law! HEHEHEHEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

Stealthjet: *leaning back* Ehh...should we attempt to hold him down?

Dypo: Better not, we shouldn't risk injury to control a person's breakdown.

Chaze: So, this is what a breakdown looks like?

Chief Justice: That bastard deserved it! He should be eradicated from this planet! His foolishness will ruin everything! And he's been doing it for years already! He even killed Voltgloss! *Smashes table, tearing the table in half*

*BANG* *Door slams open and 2 policemen enter the room. One fires a taser at Chief Justice before dragging him off*

Chief Justice: AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
I can't be charged like this!
I removed all the evidence!
I removed any witnesses!
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! *flails*

Stealthjet: Well, that's probably the end of this. But does anybody know why Jerry killed Voltgloss? And why did he kill Omega?

Dypo: In the case of Voltgloss, Jeremiah probably killed him to provoke Chief Justice, considering his immature logic when he tried to kill me. And looking at that just now, it probably worked.

Rashrules: I'd say that he killed Omega to remove any witnesses. ("Or Omega was killed because he was a lackey and failed too many times," - Dypo)

Stealthjet: Well...Maybe because he did actually want to keep Dypo alive, thought Omega was the one who tried to kill Dypo, and so killed him? Maybe something similar happened with Voltgloss, where he also wanted to keep Voltgloss alive?

Chaze: Why not just ask him after a few days?

Dypo: Are you sure that's going to work?

Stealthjet: Well, speculating here won't help. We might as well try.

2 days later
Dentention Centre

Visitors room

Dypo
Rashrules
Stealthjet
Chaze_the_chat
Chief Justice

Stealthjet: So, can you explain to us the reason you killed Omega, and the connection between you and Voltgloss? ("He was a lackey. Period," - Dypo)

Chief Justice: Ugh...Well, why don't you go find out yourselves?

Stealthjet: All right, so we failed. At least we solved the case.

Dypo: (What the heck? You're giving up that easily?!)

Stealthjet: Umm... Yeah. How about, "let's just have our vacations"?

Verdict

Epilogue

Court trial Day 3

Judge: Court will now reconvene for the trial of Jeremiah. Prosecution, your report please.

Rashrules: After the outburst from Chief Justice here, he was arrested and brought to the detention center. There, he confessed everything.

Chief Justice: Ugh...

Judge: Really? What did Chief say?

Rashrules: *Plays video recording with sound of all detention center interrogations to court and displays all evidence* As we can all see, Chief Justice was the original perpetrator of the sequence of events, but Jerry here acted on his own to attack Dypo at the hospital.

Judge: What's this?! What did you do to Chief Justice? He's electrifying!

Dypo: Erm...Judge? Would you mind listening to the conversations instead?

Judge: Ahem...Right. From these tapes, I presume that Jeremiah is thus completely guilty of the crime he is to be charged for?

Rashrules: Indeed. The evidence is conclusive, and the video says it all. Verdict, please.

Judge: Very well, I pronounce the defendant Jeremiah Justice:

GUILTY

Extra Info

"So, can you explain to us the reason you killed Omega?"

That was established earlier. I'll post a link to the same message after I clear something up: There are a few errors in your ending. For example, the reason Omega attacked Jerry was because Chief paid him more for the jobs, but why would he do that if they were fighting?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/945812-ace-attorney-investigations-miles-edgeworth/54254361/603092600

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/945812-ace-attorney-investigations-miles-edgeworth/54254361/603092937

The lack of evidence needed to convict Chief in the ending can be solved; he can't take the pressure and confesses on his own. Confession is the best evidence you can get, after all.

First of all, I'd like to state this "contradiction" (Jerry being paid more than Omega) does not exist. Why, you ask? Because it was merely our personal speculation. Chief Justice has never actually said he paid Jerry more than Omega.

Secondly, this "family feud" is entirely plausible. However, it would not be the way Stealthjet explained it. This is what could have happened:

1) Jeremiah's father is close to becoming the Chief Justice.
2) Chief, being jealous of his brother, kills him under the pretense of an accident and becomes the Chief Justice.
3) Now, Jerry doesn't know about the murder, and he isn't suspicious of his uncle. Yet.
4) Jerry IS being paid, but not more than Omega.
5) Under the pretense of revenge for Voltgloss's "murder", Chief asks Jerry to assist him.
6) However, it was a trap for Jeremiah, as Chief was afraid he might find about his father's murder, and that he might try to let Chief be prosecuted.
7) After that, Jerry realises that Dypo was never the target in the first place. It was him.
8 ) Omega is disposed of because of being a lackey who failed too many times.
9) Jerry, with his childish logic, thinks that because Dypo wasn't the target, he must've been part of the act, and tries to kill him.
10) However, he's thwarted by Marina, the nurse, and he kills her.

And now, the contradictions thus far have vanished. If you find more contradictions, post 'em here, and I'll try to explain them away.

If I fail to do so, however, we'll have Chief burst under the weight of our accusations.

When I was thinking of this storyline, I thought of a complete solution to this case (ie. everything explained/no contradictions). As far as I could think of, there aren't any contradictions. Unless, of course, if I slipped up in my thinking somewhere. I admit that this is more complicated than I would like it to be.

Anyway, like I said before, I actually thought of more information than I put in this ending. I couldn't see how to put those information in properly, so I simply left them out. Thus not everything is actually explained. This 2 problems, are the questions I posted: "But does anybody know why Jerry killed Voltgloss? And why did he kill Omega?"

The cause of the family feud was that Jerry's father (Chief Justice's brother) was supposed to be Chief Justice, but Jerry's father was exposed as corrupt, then Chief Justice took the position instead.
Not stated: Jerry thought that Chief Justice had framed his father, so they had a family feud. Or it could simply be that Jerry felt his father should rightly have the position, and his father (who wanted the position) influenced Jerry. I didn't really say that Jerry's father was killed. But that doesn't really affect things much.

You had given a report that Voltgloss was related to Jerry. I used this and had Jerry kill Voltgloss. Here, the reason not given.
Not stated: In my head, it was simply that Voltgloss supported Chief Justice. Jerry, given his immature thinking, killed voltgloss. Yeah, I couldn't really think of anything better. Maybe we can flesh this out a bit if we want.

Not stated: Chief Justice killed Omega because he thought that Omega attacked Dypo in the hospital (although this would mean that Chief Justice killed Omega before Jerry was arrested, giving him a span of about 1-2 days(?) to kill Omega. That is still possible, though). He thought that Omega thought killing Dypo could also be part of the plan (maybe due to miscommunication), and maybe Omega wanted to kill Dypo himself because Dypo had humiliated him during the trial. Alternatively, it could be just like Dypo said, Omega was incompetent, he failed to kill Jerry (I actually didn't think of this possibility until now).

I hope that clears things up a bit.

Special mini behind the scenes extended edition! Ace Attorney RP Forums only!

Judge: And for you Chief Justice, you shall await your trial at a later specified date. Though you're practically guaranteed guilty anyway, as you've already confessed.

Chief Justice: And my position?

Judge: Thrown away. This position is of no use in this universe anyway.

Chief Justice: W-What?! I will appeal this!

Judge: Now, now, Chief Justice, you're not going to get the position anyway. Just calm yourself down, I'll provide your cell with meditation equipment. That should help.

Chief Justice: Grrr...

Detention Centre
Chief Justice's cell
View of Chief Justice's Cell:
Code:

Chief Justice: What. ("I lol'd again." - Dypo)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 10:11:17 am by Dypo » Report Spam   Logged
rashrules
Newbie Attorney

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2010, 08:22:43 am »

Good writeup. I'm kind of surprised that it managed to fit in less than two pages.
Report Spam   Logged
stealthjet
Regular Attorney

Eye'm the stongest!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2010, 09:57:33 am »

(OOC: Ehh...actually, because each post has multiple posts of GameFAQs in it, and the character limit here is much much greater than that in GameFAQs, we can fit a lot of the posts and thus turn it into like, 2 very long pages.)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 04:52:25 am by stealthjet » Report Spam   Logged
Dypo
The Overworked Sprite Artist
Administrator
Experienced Attorney

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2010, 10:21:21 am »

"HA! Fear my power!" This phrase is commonly used in animes, but usually in a different context. =P Although, this context isn't that uncommon either. XD

@ Rashrules: Yeah, it's true. The character limit is just awesome! 20 000 characters FTW? In any case, don't forget about this forum, as you might be coming here a lot. Maybe you can write it down, or learn it by heart?

@ Everyone who's interested: The day has finally come! The editing of the sequences has been COMPLETED! Please report any mistakes that have not been removed, though. Since I'm Dutch/Indonesian, my English is not perfect, I'm afraid. Granted, I'm the best at English in my class, but that doesn't make me devoid of mistakes. (A- is my average, lol).

Ah, one other thing. I've decided I may port this entire RP to AAO. Please post whose sprites you want to use to represent yourself.

I claim Young Edgey Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

HOLD IT!
Whilst scrolling, you may have missed the above post, which contains a vast amount of truth, reason, and wisdom.
You should read it.
stealthjet
Regular Attorney

Eye'm the stongest!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2010, 04:19:36 am »

...Wait, I realise I have been living under a rock. What's AAO?

Edit: I realise I am a mod on this board. Fascinating.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 04:23:56 am by stealthjet » Report Spam   Logged
Dypo
Administrator
Experienced Attorney

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2010, 08:23:16 am »

AAO stands for "Ace Attorney Online". It's an online casemaker, and very easy to use. I wanted to make our RP interactive. In other words, I want to make our RP an actual game. So I need to know which sprites you'd like to use to represent yourself.

As for you being a Mod, well... I can't see everything. Especially not since I'm in the defendant's chair XD.
Report Spam   Logged

HOLD IT!
Whilst scrolling, you may have missed the above post, which contains a vast amount of truth, reason, and wisdom.
You should read it.
stealthjet
Regular Attorney

Eye'm the stongest!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2010, 03:14:00 am »

Godot. I'll have godot as a sprite. Now I wonder if I can mod a pair of bunny ears on him.
Report Spam   Logged
Dypo
Administrator
Experienced Attorney

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2010, 03:41:59 am »

Are you OK with it if I use Young Godot's sprites? Because I need co-council sprites...
Report Spam   Logged

HOLD IT!
You should read it.
stealthjet
Regular Attorney

Eye'm the stongest!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2010, 04:05:34 am »

Young godot? You mean Diego Armando? Erm...Go ahead then...Or maybe you can use a static Cirno image  Cheesy

But then again, can't you let the co-councils just look like a normal attorney?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 04:10:14 am by stealthjet » Report Spam   Logged
Ikethelord3
Regular Attorney

If you're Jesus and you know it, clap your hands.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2010, 05:37:54 pm »

Put me in as Mr. White. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

And the angel said to him, "Stop hitting yourself!" But he could not, for the angel was hitting him, with his own hands.
Dypo
Administrator
Experienced Attorney

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2010, 12:42:53 am »

But he doesn't even have bench sprites! And no fingerpoint, deskslam, nothing! Plus, in almost every sprite, it's cut off after his stomach. It doesn't go all the way to the bottom of the screen. A "floating" sprite. Are you SURE you want White?
Report Spam   Logged

HOLD IT!
You should read it.
Ikethelord3
Regular Attorney

If you're Jesus and you know it, clap your hands.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2010, 03:26:00 pm »

I'm sure I want White.
Report Spam   Logged

And the angel said to him, "Stop hitting yourself!" But he could not, for the angel was hitting him, with his own hands.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: