Ace Attorney: The Roleplay
March 28, 2024, 12:10:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Ace Attorney RP!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Ace Attorney RP

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Ace Attorney RP  (Read 8412 times)
Dypo
The Overworked Sprite Artist
Administrator
Experienced Attorney

View Profile WWW
« on: July 03, 2010, 10:19:14 am »

Hello, and welcome to the (un)official Ace Attorney RP. I am Dypo, the Admin of this forum. How I got this idea? Well, that's something to be answered by the credits, which I'm posting here:

- Kuhchung, for pointing out the first contradiction,
- Rashrules, for taking up the first case as the prosecutor,
- Voltgloss, for taking up the first case as the defense attorney,
- Stealthjet, for making a most splendid compilation,

And last but not least:

- Chaze, Fury, Zero and SnakeByte1177, for joining.

Oh, and

- Me, I suppose, for making TAACWNS.

You might be wondering now why I made this forum. Well, basically, if a Mod comes across the topic at GameFAQs, we're screwed and the RP'ing will end.

When something is OOC, please use double parentheses, and type in "OOC". Like this: ((OOC: ...........))

Topics:
Missle: Ace Dog
Things Ace Attorney characters would never say

Edited by stealthjet to include links to original GameFAQs topics
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 04:26:32 am by stealthjet » Report Spam   Logged

HOLD IT!
Whilst scrolling, you may have missed the above post, which contains a vast amount of truth, reason, and wisdom.
You should read it.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Dypo
Administrator
Experienced Attorney

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 10:48:57 am »

I've found the compilation on my computer. Posting it now. Some parts will not be C/P'd literally, but will be improved to increase readability. Typos will be fixed.

---

Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth board roleplaying
Setting: Internet, then Real Life/Realistic
Format of this document:
Topic
-- Time period (Case or interlude)
-- Case information (Style of cause, prosecutor, defense attorney and verdict) If it is a case
-- Full Transcript (Entire posts are copy pasted. Continuations of a post are combined. May have slight edits/changes/inconsistencies here and there as I copied plaintext, but edited to include formatting.)
At the end, there are case notes and summary, important points, etc.

Note: In the transcript, I shall refer to trials/court proceedings as cases, and the investigation/non-court parts as interludes. Technically, I know that the entire court proceeding and investigation is a single case, but this makes categorization slightly easier. However, the case notes refer to the entire case.

Case 1: Kuhchung vs. Mnkboy907
Case 2: Rashrules vs. Dypo
Case 3: Court vs. McFazzer
Case 4: Dypo vs. Jeremiah

Current participants:

Defense Attorneys
Dypo
Chaze_the_Chat (Chaze)
Stealthjet

Prosecutors
Rashrules
The_Fury_Wraith (Fury)
Zero_Suit_Luigi (Zero)
SnakeByte1177

Past participants:
Voltgloss
Omegamaster006 (Omega)

"Missle: Ace Dog" Topic:

Case 1: kuhchung v. mnkboy907
Prosecutor: rashrules
Defense Attorney: Voltgloss
Final Verdict: Guilty

Mnkboy907
Maggie Byrde and Larry Butz: Ace Suspects

Kuhchung
Maggie Byrde

>OBJECTION!< *presents Maggey Byrde's profile*

Rashrules
^^^
Judge: B-but... the person could have simply mis-remembered her name...

Rashrules: >OBJECTION!<
The person in question is an Ace Attorney fan, since they are posting on these boards! Therefore, it is extremely unlikely that they would misspell a recurring character's name!

Defense Attorney: Hah! Everyone makes mistakes! You can't judge them by that!

Rashrules: *presents data of case 2-1*
You forget.... that this same detail was used as a plot point in this case! No fan can make the same mistake after THAT!

Defense Attorney: Grrngkk!!

Judge: I now have a firm grasp of what happened. The defendant... is guilty for the misspelling of Maggey Bird!

Rashrules: (May I add, your honour, that so are you?)

Judge: I hereby pronounce the defendant, mnkboy907...

GUILTY

The case is closed.

Voltgloss
Judge: I hereby pronounce the defendant, mnkboy907...

GUILTY

The case is closed.

>HOLD IT!<

{dramatic music}

{slams desk}

Voltgloss: Of course! That's it! We've been looking at this case all wrong from the beginning!

Judge: What is the meaning of this?

Voltgloss: Your Honor, the supposed crime here is that of "misspelling." But here... in THIS context...

{closeup}

Voltgloss: ...THAT IS NOT A CRIME!!

Judge: Wh-whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Rashrules: Preposterous! I hope you have evidence to back that up!

Voltgloss: I certainly do!

{Present - Terms of Use}

Rashrules: That's quite a large document! What section are you referring to?

{Present - Off-Topic Postings}

Voltgloss: The Terms of Use clearly state, with respect to posts on these message boards: "Topicality is expected and will be enforced on all message boards and chat rooms not noted as purely social in nature."

Judge: ...I'm afraid I don't follow. The question of whether the defendant's post was on topic is not before us. The question is, did he misspell when posting?

Voltgloss: But those two questions are inextricably linked! Because, in order to comply with the Terms of Use, and make a post that was on topic...

{Closeup}

Voltgloss: ...the defendant HAD to misspell Ms. Byrde's name!!

Rashrules: Gnnnnnrk!!

Judge: Intriguing! I assume you have evidence showing this to be true?

Voltgloss: Decisive evidence, Your Honor.

{Present - Topic Title}

Voltgloss: Take a look at this.

Judge: It says "Missle: Ace Dog."

Rashrules: Pfah! All that shows is that the purpose for this topic is to post hypothetical spinoff title names! It has nothing to do with this case!

Voltgloss: Is that all it shows?

Rashrules: ........Ah!

Voltgloss: You see my point! Your Honor, notice how the word "Missle" is spelled!

Judge: It's... missing the second "i."

Voltgloss: Which means?

Judge: That it's misspelled. {blink} Wait a moment!

Voltgloss: Correct!

{slams desk}

Voltgloss: The purpose of this topic is to post MISSPELLED SPINOFF TITLE NAMES!!

{crowd murmurs}

{Judge bangs gavel}

Judge: Order! Order! I will have order! The defense has a point!

Voltgloss: In order to comply with the Terms of Use, the defendant was compelled to post, not only an alternate topic title, but one that contained a misspelling - because the topic itself was created for just that purpose! The topic title proves it!

Rashrules: Gah~!

Judge: The evidence is clear. I must withdraw my previous verdict, and hereby pronounce the defendant, Mnkboy907...

NOT
GUILTY

{confetti, cheers}

{gavel}

Judge: That is all. Court is adjourned!

Rashrules

>HOLD IT!<

Judge: What now?

Voltgloss: You're not serious, are you?

Mnkboy907: ...huh?

Rashrules: I have found a contradiction in your argument!
Your honour, take a look at this:
*presents first page of this topic*

Judge: That's a lot of posts...

Rashrules: I would like to direct your attention to this post by Mtpfreak:

TC, that's "Missile"
I miss the "i" all the time as well.

Now, take a look at the other posts.
Such as, Shoe: Ace Cat, Polly: Ace Parrot and Money, Ace Monkey

Judge:... Ah!

Rasrules: As you can see, Mtpfreak's post proves that the TC's misspelling was an unintentional one. The other posts, which contain no misspellings, further prove my point.
THEREFORE, I prove that misspellings are NOT intentional in this topic!

Voltgloss: Urk!

Rashrules: You must be thinking that the TC should be charged with the crime of misspelling too.
BUT...!
As I said earlier, Mnkboy907 is an Ace Attorney fan. He has surely played through the first case of Justice For All, where 'Maggey' misspelled as 'Maggie' was actually a plot point.
*slams desk*
*close up of face*
No fan would make the same mistake after going through that case! Therefore, I conclude that the misspelling was INTENTIONAL!

*crowd murmurs*

Voltgloss: Haha! He could simply have not played Justice For All!

Rashrules: I'm pretty sure that every fan of the series who posts here has played through at least the beginning of the first case of the game, haven't you too? And if you really believe he hasn't...
Show me EVIDENCE!

Voltgloss: Argghnk!!

Judge: Well, that is certainly an impressive line of logic!
However, before I hand down my verdict of 'Guilty' again, I would like to ask...
Does the defense have anything left to say?

If there is no answer, or an inconclusive one, then the case is closed.

Voltgloss
>NOT SO FAST!<

Voltgloss: The prosecution's argument contains a glaring contradiction!

Rashrules: ~!

Voltgloss: First, consider this statement by the prosecution, on which his entire argument hinges:

Rashrules: As you can see, Mtpfreak's post proves that the TC's misspelling was an unintentional one.

{desk slam}

Voltgloss: Mtpfreak's post proves nothing of the sort! All it shows is that Mtpfreak tends to accidentally misspell the word "Missile"...

{close-up}

Voltgloss: ...but proves NOTHING about the topic creator's proclivity to do the same!

Rashrules: {recoils in damage}

Voltgloss: Furthermore, consider this!

Present: Topic Creator's Post

Judge: This... this merely says "wat."

Voltgloss: Exactly my point. This is the only post made by the topic creator in this topic. And what does it contain?

{finger point}

Voltgloss: YET ANOTHER MISSPELLING!!

{crowd murmuring}

Judge: Order! Order!

Rashrules: Ha! That, too, could be another unintentional mistake!

Voltgloss: I hardly think the topic creator would accidentally misspell such a simple word as "what!"

Rashrules: Rubbish! You have no evidence to prove that!

Voltgloss: I most certainly do!

>TAKE THAT!<

Present: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=972791&topic=53446992

Judge: That... is a topic from the Xbox 360 game, "Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1."

Rashrules: W-What the HELL is that WRIGGLING excuse for a main character?!?

Voltgloss: Setting aside the prosecution's outburst, I direct the Court's attention to the fourth-to-last post in this topic.

Judge: Hmmmm... a post by "Uifalusi..." ~!

Voltgloss: Yes! A post by none other than the creator of this topic! And what has Uifalusi written in the second paragraph of this post?

Rashrules: (reading) "You know, like what happens with every..." ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!

Voltgloss: Exactly!

{desk slam}

Voltgloss: This is decisive evidence that the topic creator knows full well how to spell the word "what"... which means...

{closeup}

Voltgloss: The topic creator's misspellings here are WHOLLY INTENTIONAL!!

{crowd murmurs}

Judge: If I do not have order I will have the court cleared!

Voltgloss: {shrugs} The fact that other posters in this topic may not have noticed the topic creator's misspellings... and the fact that Mtpfreak thought those misspellings unintentional...

{desk slam}

Voltgloss: ...prove nothing! Only hard evidence can prove the topic creator's intentions, and the evidence has shown that the topic creator knows full well how to spell... but purposely elected not to do so, specifically for this topic!!

Rashrules: {begins to bang head against wall}

Voltgloss: And by the prosecution's own logic, this means that Mnkboy907's misspelled posting... which the prosecution himself has proven to be INTENTIONAL...

{closeup}

Voltgloss: ...was fully in line with the topic creator's OWN intentional misspellings!!

Rashrules: GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!

Judge: {blinks twice}

{sedate music starts}

Judge: It seems that is all there is to say on the matter.

Judge: Unless anyone has any further objections, I hereby pronounce the defendant, Mnkboy907...

NOT
GUILTY

Mnkboy907
I didn't even get to testify...

Rashrules
Rashrules: Your honour... I have a request.

Judge: Hmm? This trial is over... for the fourth time. This better be worthwhile.

Rashrules: Please take a look at this:
*presents http://pokerterms.com/wat.html*

Voltgloss: What is... ugh!

Rashrules: It clearly proves that the term 'wat' is an internet meme, which contradicts the defense's argument!

Voltgloss: Maybe he wasn't aware of the fact that it's a meme.

Rashrules: But it clearly fits the context! That should prove beyond a shadow of doubt that he knew what he was talking about! it says:

A well placed "wat," however, can be all that is needed to communicate to an internet message board poster that what they wrote violates all rules of logic, sensibility, and/or readability.

Voltgloss: That doesn't make sense! A user is supposed to say it to another, while the TC just said it himself!

Rashrules: 'Missile: Ace Dog' (I have used the correct spelling here) as an entry in the Ace Attorney games is pretty mind bending. I think that it violates all rules of logic and sensibility (not readability, but there's clearly an 'or' in the definition)'

Therefore...
The TC did that intentionally... not because it was a rule of the topic, but as self-deprecation at his own strange idea!
It was simply some added humour!
As for the misspelling in the topic title... I stand by the fact that it was unintentional. May I remind you again that the defendant is guilty of an intentional spelling error which clearly shouldn't be there since it is a plot point in a series he is a fan of!

Judge: Ah... I see.

Rashrules: The defense's recent argument rested on the fact that the misspellings had to be done because it was a rule, and that rule is proven by the misspellings in the topic title and main body. As I said earlier, most of the other posts did not have them... and now I have proven that the 'wat' is perfectly normal!

Voltgloss: Hmph... I see that you're still standing by your previous claim. You might have defeated this point... but I think we should consider ALL things.

Judge: What do you mean?

Voltgloss: We have not even heard the defendant's testimony! He clearly wishes to voice his own opinion on the subject, as seen in this statement:
I didn't even get to testify...

Rashrules: I needn't remind you that if all the defendant has to offer is "everything my lawyer said is true!" or something along those lines... then he will still not be off the hook.

Voltgloss: Grnnk... I understand. Defendant! Testify now!

Judge: If he takes too long to appear, then I will hear some words from the defense attorney. If those words are too weak, then I will pronounce the defendant GUILTY.

Rashrules: Don't forget, we BOTH can cross-examine him and interpret him as either of us wishes. The testimony may contain some holes which implicates him, and I'm sure the defense wouldn't point those out. It's fair play this way.

Voltgloss: Alright. This is far from over!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 02:03:56 am by Dypo » Report Spam   Logged

HOLD IT!
Whilst scrolling, you may have missed the above post, which contains a vast amount of truth, reason, and wisdom.
You should read it.
Dypo
Administrator
Experienced Attorney

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 02:38:08 am »

Voltgloss
>HOLD IT!<

Voltgloss: There is no need for further testimony at all! The prosecution's argument has proven the defense's point!

Rashrules: Wh-what!?

Voltgloss: The prosecution is arguing, in essence, that the misspelling of "wat" was intentional, but the misspelling of "Missle" was not, correct?

Rashrules: Indeed.

Voltgloss: Then, >TAKE THAT!<

Present: Definition of "wat"

Judge: We just looked at this!

Voltgloss: Let's look at it again. With my point in boldface!

A well placed "wat," however, can be all that is needed to communicate to an internet message board poster that what they wrote violates all rules of logic, sensibility, and/or readability.

Judge: Readability.... !

Voltgloss: I think Your Honor sees where this is heading! Now, think back to the prosecution's argument...

Rashrules: 'Missile: Ace Dog' (I have used the correct spelling here) as an entry in the Ace Attorney games is pretty mind bending. I think that it violates all rules of logic and sensibility (not readability, but there's clearly an 'or' in the definition)

Voltgloss: If the defendant was, indeed, intending for his "wat" post to be referencing his own topic title, as the prosecution claims...

{desk slam}

Voltgloss: ...then the topic title's misspelling is clearly intentional, because doing so means that it violates rules of readability as well!!

Rashrules: {recoils in damage}

Voltgloss: The hat trick of no logic, no sensibility, AND no readability... Of course the defendant would purposely misspell the topic title, if his goal was to post something that could properly be described with "wat!"

Rashrules: Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!

Voltgloss: There is no need for further testimony, as the defendant has a right to not incriminate himself. This case has been fully explored, and there can be only one resolution!

NOT
GUILTY

Judge: Hey! I'm supposed to say that!

Voltgloss: {snaps fingers} Then say it!

Judge: Fine, I will!

NOT
GUILTY

Rashrules
>HOLD IT!<

Rashrules: I would like to ask you to define readability for me.

Voltgloss: Hah! What a stupid question! I can simply ask you the same, 'define your line of logic!'

Rashrules: Readability is, essentially, whether the text in question is readable or not. When I myself first saw the topic title, I read it as "Missile". It was only after Mtpfreak pointed out the misspelling that I noticed it.

Voltgloss: So...?

Rashrules: What I'm saying is...
Missle is perfectly readable in context! We know TC is talking about a dog, and who else could it be but Missile? Would you not be able to read a word if a letter was misplaced or missing?

Votlgloss: Hmm...

Rashrules: Did you just notice that above this line, your name has been written as "Votlgloss" instead of "Voltgloss"?

Voltgloss: No, I didn't. Why would you do such a thing?

Rasrules: That just further proves my point! It was perfectly readable there, just with misplaced letters!
*desk slam*
Typos like those can easily be overlooked!

Voltgloss: But... that's very subjective! What if I tell you that I really DID notice it, and said no because it didn't hold any relevance?

Rashrules: Well, be honest to yourself. Did you not think of Missile the dog when you read the topic title?

Voltgloss: Yes... of course.

Rashrules: Then although the spelling isn't perfect, wouldn't you agree that it is certainly readable?!

Voltgloss: As I said, that's very subjective. Back up your flimsy claim!

Rashrules: I would like to bring up the topic of the other posters again. As you can see, there are no typos to be seen in posts such as "Shoe: Ace Cat", "Money:Ace Monkey" and "Polly: Ace Parrot". Let's say you ARE right and typos are a rule of the topic.
Why don't those posts contain any?

Is it because it's not a rule of the topic...
*close up of face*
...or is it because they OVERLOOKED the typo in the topic title because it was readable?
*cue music*

Voltgloss: ...Aah!

Rashrules: It's either one of them, and both contradict your argument.

Voltgloss: Gnrkk...

Rashrules: If it's the first, then the base of your argument that typos are intentional is broken. If it's the second, that means it's readable and can be easily overlooked, which breaks your recent argument!

Judge: I see your point!

Rashrules: Well played, Mr. Defense Attorney. But I'm sure you have another trick up your sleeve!

Judge: Answer quick! Or I shall hand down my verdict... again. I seriously shouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions...

Voltgloss
Court is adjourned for a brief recess!

{meaning I am at work and won't have time to devote to this until the evening Wink }

Rashrules
*waiting in the lobby*

Rashrules: Hmm...I wonder what'll happen next...
I think I'll bide the time by playing on my DS.

Rashrules
Judge: The court will now reconvene for the trial of Mnkboy907.
Is the prosecution ready?

Rashrules: Yes, your honour.

Judge: And the defense?

Judge: Hmm? Where is Mr. Voltgloss?

Rashrules: Don't ask me, your honour. It's been quite a while, and the defense should be here by now.

*crowd murmurs*

Judge: WELL! If there is no defense to counter-argue, then we must believe your version of the story to be true.

Rashrules: 'Must believe?' It IS the truth, your honour. As I said earlier, the lack of typos in other posts can be either of two reasons, both which contradict the defense's arguments. Even if the defense were present, I doubt they would manage to counter that logic.

Judge: You do present a valid point. As much as I would like to hear the defense's argument, I shall have to call down my verdict now.

The defendant is...
GUILTY

The trial is over.

Mnkboy907: No... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! GWAAARRRRRGHHHH!!
*bangs his head against wall*
*gets struck by lightning*
*claws his face off*
*has his soul exorcised from his body*
*goes Super Saiyan*
*gets hit by a strong wind, making his eyes disappear*

Judge: That was... quaint.

Rashrules: It is, your honour.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 10:58:06 am by Dypo » Report Spam   Logged

HOLD IT!
You should read it.
Dypo
Administrator
Experienced Attorney

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 02:38:48 am »

Interlude between Case 1 and Case 2

Dypo
Dypo: You have all overlooked something...

GameFaqs Readers: Which is...?

Dypo: The Judge has something to say.

Judge: *Nod* Indeed... Since this trial has been very hectic, albeit enjoyable, I declare that someone needs to create a topic called: "Case Writer: Self-Imposed Cases".

GameFaqs Readers: And that needs to be done... Why?
Dypo: 'Cause the Judge said so!

Judge: I did indead.1.'4645... Urgh... HACKITY-HACK! *Coughs* ERROR IN SYSTEM-ERROR-ERROR! *Dies*

GameFaqs Readers: WTF?! You... Dypo, was it? You did this... didn't you?

Judge: *Walks in the court room* *bangs gavel* Order! Order! I will have order! What is the meaning of this?!?

Dypo: *Gasp* Crap... I was caught.

Judge: In what act, if I may ask?

Dypo: I uh... I kinda... Made a robot to replace you, so I could force a topic to be made.

Judge: That's perfectly fine. I'll allow the topic-creation!

Everyone: O_o

Dypo: (Didn't think I'd be off the hook this easily...)

Judge: ... However, that name doesn't sound right at all. I shall permit the topic-creation, but that name is just... Meh. It should be called, 'Things Ace Attorney characters would never say'.

Dypo: You mean, like 'Things The World Ends With You characters would never say'? But how do you know about it?

Judge: I have my sources.

Dypo: Okaaaaaay. (He's definitely lying.) But wouldn't case-sketches be off-topic, in that case?

Judge: ... No. And that's because I say so. Court is adjourned!

"Things Ace Attorney characters would never say" Topic:

Case 2: Rashrules v. Dypo
Prosecutor: Rashrules
Attorney: Dypo

Notes:
Unfortunately, it seems that some of Omega’s posts are important enough to the plot that I cannot ignore them. These posts are included.

Dypo
As posted in "Missile: Ace Dog", here's the topic. The purpose of this topic is making up cases and, at the same time, make sure they are perfectly logical. Our talented staff (Read: Nobody, yet) will advise you and guide you through the process. Be sure to include case-changing, crazy plot-twists.

So...

Let the (made-up) cases... COMMENCE!!!

Rashrules
For reference, the Missle: Ace Dog topic: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=945812&topic=53801533

"As posted in "Missile: Ace Dog", here's the topic. The purpose of this topic is making up cases and, at the same time, make sure they are perfectly logical. Our talented staff (Read: Nobody, yet) will advise you and guide you through the process. Be sure to include case-changing, crazy plot-twists."

Judge: Back in court already, Mr. Rashrules?

Rashrules: Yes, your honour. There is a blatant contradiction in this statement, which is in bold.

Judge: In bold? But all I see is the topic title of the thread which was the centre of your previous case!

Rashrules: Another mistake, playing out exactly like last time.

Judge: What do you mean, "exactly like last time?"

Rashrules: There is a spelling error there. While 'Missile' would be correct, the topic creator is referring to a particular topic, which was actually "Missle: Ace Dog". While this might be acceptable normally, don't forget...

*desk slam*

The misspelling of "Missile" as "Missle" was an important point in the previous case! Nobody witnessing the case should make this mistake! You can even check to see that the defendant, Dypo, has posted in that topic and admitted to enjoying it, making it clear that the misspelling shouldn't be there!

Judge: A misspelling that shouldn't be there because it was an important point! Now I know what you mean by "exactly like before"!

Rashrules: I'm glad you understand! But the defense hasn't shown up yet.

Judge: Do you know who the defense attorney is, by any chance? Since he's not here, I'll have to hand down my verdict accepting your facts.

Rashrules: Let's not rush, your honour. I'm waiting to see who the attorney is myself. I suggest we wait.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 02:04:25 am by Dypo » Report Spam   Logged

HOLD IT!
You should read it.
Dypo
Administrator
Experienced Attorney

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 02:39:55 am »

Dypo
Dypo: >OBJECTION!<
I object! That was merely me correcting a typo!

Judge: ...! Mr Dypo? From this I gather you'll be defending yourself?

Dypo: Indeed. The only reason I did what I did was that I was correcting a typo on Uifalusi's part.

Judge: I see. That's understandable. Your thoughts, Mr. Rashrules?

Rashrules: I object! Since you were referring to another topic, you should have C/P it EXACTLY how it was written.

Dypo: I know, and I understand your argument. And for this I apologise. However, Your Honor?

Judge: ...! What is it, Mr Dypo?

Dypo: If you would, could you visit the AAI: ME board, please?

Judge: Click here, then there... No, wait, that's the one... Ah!

Dypo: You see, Your Honor? It's there in plain sight! Anyone could have seen that was the topic I was referring to! Do you disagree, Mr. Rashrules?

Rashrules: ...

Judge; I see. In that case, I will render my verdi-

Dypo: Not so fast, Your Honor! I would like to see if the prosecution can come up with a counter argument first.

Rashrules

Rashrules: Thank you for the opportunity, Mr. Dypo. I still am quite surprised that you are defending yourself. The stakes are much higher, as it is YOUR life that is on the line.

Getting back to the point, take a closer look at the original post. I'll zoom in on the same line again.

"As posted in "Missile: Ace Dog", here's the topic. The purpose of this topic is making up cases and, at the same time, make sure they are perfectly logical. Our talented staff (Read: Nobody, yet) will advise you and guide you through the process. Be sure to include case-changing, crazy plot-twists."

If you take a closer look, you'll see that there are quotation marks around those three words. I have not added them, you may look at the original post too.

Dypo: Quotation marks? You're building an argument off of that?

Judge: Hmm... What's your point?

Rashrules: I'm getting to that. Quotation marks are either used in writing to signify speech, or to signify exact words. As you can see, when I quote that complete message, I put quotation marks around the full message.

Judge: Exact words... AHA! I understand now!

Rashrules: Dypo was clearly not signifying speech when he put those quotation marks, which leaves the only other meaning. Exact words. Dypo has not quoted the exact words, making my first point still valid. The misspelling should not be there because it was an important point in a previous case, which the defendant (or attorney... however way you would like it) witnessed!

What do you have to say to that, Mr. Dypo? Or should I say, Mr. Typo?

Dypo: Gaah!

Rashrules: I'm sure you have something else up your sleeve, but if you don't... well, just keep in mind that the gavel can strike at any time.

Judge: Let's hear the defense's argument now!

Veteran_outlaw
I was waiting for another one of these *grabs chips and a drink* continue please *munch munch*

Dypo
Dypo: *Snicker* Hehehehe...

Rashrules: What's so funny?

Dypo: You fell right into my trap from the very beginning! I made that mistake on purpose to ignite another trial! But since you were unable to deduce that fact, you have cornered me with trivial facts.
In that case, I will base my counterargument on trivial facts as well.
Your Honor!

Judge: Y-Yes?

Dypo: If you would please... [Present -> Search results that are acquired after typing in "Quotation mark".] As you can see, Your Honor, these so-called "quotation marks" are not always used to signify exact words. Another meaning of these "quotation marks" is
"Quotation marks can also offset a nickname embedded in an actual name, or a false or ironic title embedded in an actual title; for example, Nat “King” Cole, Miles “Tails” Prower, or John “Hannibal” Smith.". Seeing as this "Missile: Ace Dog" is not his official name, it's actually quite logical to have put them there. Normally, one would put the quotation marks around "Ace Dog", but "Missile" is not the official name of the topic, so one would have to include it between the quotation marks. Is this not right, Mr. Rashrules?

Rashrules: ... [Insert counterargument here]

Rashrules
"Dypo: You fell right into my trap from the very beginning! I made that mistake on purpose to ignite another trial! But since you were unable to deduce that fact, you have cornered me with trivial facts.
In that case, I will base my counterargument on trivial facts as well.
Your Honor!"

Rashrules: Funnily enough, I had deduced this after stating my previous argument. I thought I would say this after you would finish. It sounds that I'm making this up for the sake of a reputation and to pretend I knew everything all along, yes, and you have a right to not believe me. But that is trivial, just like your argument. We would get down to it one way or another.

Getting to the point...

*smirks*

Judge: This is no laughing matter, Mr. Rashrules! Out with it!

Rashrules:...you just confessed to your crime. You proved that the misspelling CLEARLY should not have been there!

*cornered music starts playing*

Dypo: WHAAAAAT?!

*crowd murmurs*

Rashrules: As I mentioned, I thought of saying this earlier. Here is the full story.
You witnessed the trial between me and Mr. Voltgloss. You were thrilled and excited. It was very entertaining. You felt that another one was needed, but no... that was not enough. You needed to be a PART of it.
So you created a new topic, for made up cases. However, you made a slip up on purpose, and added quotation marks to said slip up for some evidence, like adding fuel to a fire. You knew that the sharp eye of this prosecutor would catch it, and you would have another case on your hands.
But then you took the initiative. You took up the case yourself, now being part of the 'fun'.

THAT is your motive for the misspelling.
As I have stated enough times, it should not be there because it was an important point in a previous case. And now you just confessed that you did it on purpose!

An amateur mistake! It looks like you'll suffer the same fate as Mnkboy907!

Judge: Wow! I never thought... that someone would so unknowingly confess to their crime!

*crowd goes wild*

Dypo: B-but... What about the quotation marks? I just deflated your logic a moment ago!

Rashrules: All that is trivial, now that you confessed! I suggest you be more careful with your words next time...even though there won't be a "next time" for you!

Judge: Sound logic, Mr. Rashrules. There's not much left if the defendant... err... the defense has confessed. I shall hand down my verdict now.

*gavel slam*

GUIL-

Rashrules: >HOLD IT!<
I don't see any possible way out of this... but I would like to hear the defense's last words.

Dypo: ...

Rashrules: Oh, and one more thing, before you say anything.

Dypo: ...!

Rashrules: Although this trial is pretty much over and we're just waiting for your final words, I can't help but add that your last argument was flawed.

Judge: Does this really matter, now?

Rashrules: No, it doesn't. It's just a fun fact, in case you would wonder where the trial would head had Mr. Dypo not confessed. It's simple, really.

'Missile: Ace Dog' is no nickname.
Let's say the dog's real name was 'Ace Dog' and his nickname was 'Missile'. Then it would be 'Ace "Missile" Dog', with the nickname in quotation marks in the middle of the name, like the examples you posted. The reference to the other topic is not a nickname for anything. If you're so desperate that you really consider 'Missile: Ace Dog' a nickname for 'Missle: Ace Dog' (the original without the 'I'), then the term used should have been...

'Missle: "Missile: Ace Dog" Ace Dog', or something along those lines. Complicated, isn't it? If you really meant what you said, then the above is how the name should have been written. This is why your logic is flawed. There is no nickname to be found in the middle of a real name.

Judge: Hohoho. I see your spirit of competition still burns, even after a victory, mr. Rashrules!

Rashrules: Now, were you about to say something, Mr. Dypo? Let me remind you that arguing against this matter now would be pointless; you should be more careful, what with the confession you just made.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 11:07:20 am by Dypo » Report Spam   Logged

HOLD IT!
You should read it.
Dypo
Administrator
Experienced Attorney

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 02:49:18 am »

Dypo
Dypo: All I can say is... Well played, Mr. Rashrules.

Rashrules: What?!? You're about to be executed and there's nothing you have to counter my arguments?!

Dypo: Indeed. This is quite a laughable matter. I fully admit to my crime. Happy? So what'll my punishment be, hmm? Death? If so, you've let someone else walk scot free already. [Present -> Case Report of 4-1] Look at the following record, Your Honor.

Judge: ...*Reads*

*HUGE SPOILERS*

Dypo: Well...?

Judge: ...

Olga:
My name... is Olga Orly.

Olga:
I am employed as waitress in
Borscht Bowl Club restaurant.

Olga:
Of course, it is my pride
to serve borscht that is
naming restaurant.

Olga:
But I also perform -- how it
is said? Other service.

Olga:
Dah, dah.
Like, for example...
this one.

Olga:
Man in white hat...
is one who has gone kaput.

Olga:
It is same way as I drop cold
bowls of borscht on laps of
customers... casually.

Judge: AH! There's nothing but grammar mistakes! But surely that was just because-

Dypo: >OBJECTION!< I object, Your Honor!

Judge: And on what grounds, if I may ask?

Dypo: I could tell what you were about to say: But surely that was just because she was Russian. Is this not right, Your Honor?

Rashrules: >OBJECTION!< But she was pretending to be Russian. Therefore, she needed to keep up the act!

Dypo: Ah, but is this not exactly what I did? Pretending to make a spelling mistake?

Rashrules: ...!

Dypo: And we know she was not punished, even though we KNEW she did everything on purpose! So naturally, I should go unpunished as well. Is this not right, Your Honor?

Judge: I see. Then I will render my verdict. You ARE, without a doubt, guilty of making a spelling mistake, but we cannot punish you for such a trivial thing.

Rashrules: >HOLD IT!< Hold it right there!!! Are you not forgetting about Mnkboy907? He made a similar mistake, and he WAS sentenced to death! Surely you cannot claim you made a mistake!

Judge: ...... No. I, too, am human. Therefore, this also applies to me: "To err is human, to forgive Divine". Although I am loath to admit it, I err'd in my judgment, and unrighteously sentenced a man to death. But all is not lost for me! I can make up for my mistakes, and cancel his execution, as well as save this man, Mr. Dypo.

Dypo: You see, Mr. Rashrules? Let's hear your final argument before adjourning the court. Depending on that argument, the judge might change his mind.

Judge: *Nod* If you can show me sufficient grounds for sentencing him to death, then please do so. I do not care to err in my judgment again.

Rashrules
Rashrules: ...Mr. Dypo.

Dypo: Hm?

Rashrules: First of all, we never mentioned the penalty was a death sentence. It's some years, max. Secondly, that game is just fiction. ("Actually, this, too, is just fiction." - Dypo)
Thirdly, Mnkboy907 is not the first one to go to jail for such a thing. Countless criminals have been through it in the past. You are in no position to say that your crime is trivial.
It is not a mistake, you just admitted earlier that you were not 'merely correcting a typo'.

Lastly... how come His honour doesn't know the above? I wouldn't think he would accept the defendant's ramblings so easily. Why the change of heart, with the speech on atoning for his own misdeeds and saving Mnkboy907? He didn't have a death sentence, as I just mentioned...

Judge: I shall have to penalize you for saying that, Mr. rashrules! What the defense says here is absolutely true!

Rashrules: ...Aha! Now I know the reason of your peculiar behaviour.

Here is a quote from the topic: "Missle: Ace Dog".

"Dypo: You have all overlooked something...

GameFaqs Readers: Which is...?

Dypo: The Judge has something to say.

Judge: *Nod* Indeed... Since this trial has been very hectic, albeit enjoyable, I declare that someone needs to create a topic called: "Case Writer: Self-Imposed Cases".

GameFaqs Readers: And that needs to be done... Why?

Dypo: 'Cause the Judge said so!

Judge: I did indead.1.'4645... Urgh... HACKITY-HACK! *Coughs* ERROR IN SYSTEM-ERROR-ERROR! *Dies*

GameFaqs Readers: WTF?! You... Dypo, was it? You did this... Didn't you?

Judge: *Walks in the court room* *bangs gavel* Order! Order! I will have order! What is the meaning of this?!?

Dypo: *Gasp* Crap... I was caught.

Judge: In what act, if I may ask?

Dypo: I uh... I kinda... Made a robot to replace you, so I could force a topic to be made.

Judge: That's perfectly fine. I'll allow the topic-creation!

Everyone: O_o

Dypo: (Didn't think I'd be off the hook this easily...)"

Rashrules: The defense has done it before... and now again!

*closeup of face*

He replaced the real judge with a ROBOT!
It is the reason why he is agreeing with the defense's blasphemy and speaking nonsense!

*crowd EXPLODES with excitement and chatter*

*awesome music*

Dypo: GAAH!!!

Judge: *Beep... beep* It looks like the gig is up... *bleep*

Rashrules: You were let off the hook last time, because the real judge hadn't arrived yet and it wasn't a real court proceeding, not to mention approved of the topic creation...

...but this time the trial is very much real. Would the judge approve of being abducted and replaced by a machine? And we still don't know what you did with him!

Dypo: ....GWAARGHH!!

Rashrules: Another crime to add to your list, right Mr. Dypo?

*crowd still hasn't calmed down*

However, I have a deal to make with you.

Dypo: ...?

*crowd suddenly goes silent*

Rashrules: If you accept defeat in good sport and tell us where the real judge is, I will see to it that your punishment is negligible!

Dypo: ...Eh?!

Rashrules: Well, what do you say, Mr. Dypo? You have already confessed, along with abducting his honour and replacing him with a robot.
There's really not much left for you. You can't just change the legal system to suit your own needs, saying that you shouldn't be punished for your crime of misspelling (which I again emphasize that it shouldn't be there due to given reasons). I was quite surprised when the robot agreed with you. Of course, I didn't know he was a robot then.

This offer... is a very good one.

*crowd nods with a few mutters of approval*

Dypo
Dypo: I concur. I will tell you where the real Judge is. However... I can't help to point out a flaw in your last argument. Mnkboy907 WAS executed, according to your statements. Take a look at this.
[Present -> 11th post of this topic]

THAT is your motive for the misspelling.
As I have stated enough times, it should not be there because it was an important point in a previous case. And now you just confessed that you did it on purpose!

An amateur mistake! It looks like you'll suffer the same fate as mnkboy907!

Judge: Wow! I never thought... that someone would so unknowingly confess to their crime!

*crowd goes wild*

Dypo: B-but... What about the quotation marks? I just deflated your logic a moment ago!

Rashrules: All that is trivial, now that you confessed! I suggest you be more careful with your words next time...even though there won't be a "next time" for you!

Dypo: You see, Mr. Rashrules? It's right there in the context: You said I would suffer the same fate as Mnkboy907! And you also said there "won't be a "next time" for you". Which indicates that both me and Mnkboy907 would be sentenced to death! Otherwise, I would just get out of jail and be able to do it again! Is this not right, Mr. Rashrules?

As for the REAL Judge, he's on Hawai, enjoying a well-earned rest. Which I offered to him. He was worried at first, because his brother was already on holiday and there wouldn't be any Judges if he went away. So I made this robot for him.

Rashrules
Making a robot for the busy Judge is very fine indeed...

...but to make one which blindly follows your argument? Despicable.
I only noticed the Judge agreeing to your every whim in your recent argument though. Maybe you planned the robot to only start later to not create as much suspicion?

Also, by "suffer the same fate", I meant to go to jail. I can't say anything ominous without sounding too dark, can I?
As for "there won't be a next time for you!", I implied that you would be stripped of your badge should you be convicted and go to jail. In simple terms, you would be 'disbarred'. You would not be able to defend in court anymore.

That takes care of your recent line of logic...

...but please, would you stop dodging accusations? A crime, a motive, a confession and a robot judge to help you win in court. You keep avoiding these points, trying to argue about minor things, such as the death sentence issue.

Would you please, just stick to the topic on hand?

Bailiff: Sir!

Rashrules: What is it, bailiff?

Bailiff: I have one question, sir! If I may...

Rashrules: Please, go right ahead.

Bailiff: If there is no Judge here and the robot has been removed because of selective programming...

Rashrules: ...who will be here to pass judgment? A good question.
The answer is... we can't. In our legal system, a judge decides the verdict, not a jury.
With the absence of a Judge, we'll have to think of something else...

Even with all the evidence pointing at you, we need a Judge. What are your suggestions, Mr. Dypo?

« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 11:12:36 am by Dypo » Report Spam   Logged

HOLD IT!
You should read it.
Dypo
Administrator
Experienced Attorney

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2010, 02:55:24 am »

Dypo
Dypo: My suggestion is... Well... Why don't YOU make a robot? A neutral one, that is... And I'm not quite satisfied with your explanation about the "no next time" issue. As you may recall, mnkboy907 wasn't an attorney either, so I would still be able to make spelling mistakes.

Now, for a serious suggestion... I suggest we adjourn the court and, rude as it may be, call the Judge back from his holiday on Hawai. Your thoughts, Mr. Rashrules?

Omegamaster006
Omega: Dypo. Don't let him catch you. You need to find out who made a robot. That is the evidence. Oh wait. Hmm...yeah who made a robot. What a idiot. I think You could take Kay with you. She will help you find it.

Dypo
Uh... Omegamaster006, I made that robot... Hm.

Incidentally, that wasn't the reason I felt compelled to post again. I just wished to point out that I was aiming to make "sketches" of court cases... Like, a new game script, except it's made up, and shows some details, like: "I walked over to the vending machine and examined the drinks on sale. I found that there were only Swiss Rolls. And overpriced ones at that."

Omegamaster006
Oh my bad.

Rashrules
"Dypo: My suggestion is... Well... Why don't YOU make a robot? A neutral one, that is... And I'm not quite satisfied with your explanation about the "no next time" issue. As you may recall, mnkboy907 wasn't an attorney either, so I would still be able to make spelling mistakes. Or something.

Now, for a serious suggestion... I suggest we adjourn the court and, rude as it may be, call the Judge back from his holiday on Hawai. Your thoughts, Mr. Rashrules?"

Rashrules: How many times must I emphasize that spelling mistakes are alright, but not when there is absolutely no reason to have them? ("Actually, I could still make spelling mistakes without any reason." - Dypo)
Like I have said a billion times over, it should not be there because it was an important point beforehand in some scenario. Mnkboy907 wasn't an attorney, therefore he could not get disbarred from anything. He'll come out next year.

Well, it seems like that's the only thing we can do. I feel guilty for interrupting his honour on his vacation, but it seems like we have no choice.

I see that you're still avoiding the main subject. You completely ignored this sentence:

"...but please, would you stop dodging accusations? A crime, a motive, a confession and a robot judge to help you win in court. You keep avoiding these points, trying to argue about minor things, such as the death sentence issue.

Would you please, just stick to the topic on hand?" ("I've admitted everything ages ago, though." - Dypo)

Rashrules: Nevertheless, there's not much we can do now. Let's wait for his honour to return, and court will reconvene tomorrow.

However, Mr. Dypo... remember my earlier deal? Well, even if you do lose this case, I've made up my mind that you will not get disbarred. You have quite a lot of potential as an attorney, and I think it'll be good for our country and law that you keep defending.

I'll see you tomorrow. Good day.

Dypo
Dypo: (...Who said Omega became my assistant...? Oh well.) And Mr. Rashrules, I wasn't avoiding the topic at hand. I've admitted everything. Ah, there's the Judge.

(You said you'd see me tomorrow, correct? And that the Judge would be there? Well, it's morning in my country, so he's already here.)

Your Honor, if you would, please...

Judge: Oh, right. I hereby find the defendant, Dypo [surname unspecified],

GUILTY

The bailiff has informed me of the court's proceedings, so Mr. Dypo will not receive severe punishment, seeing you, Mr. Rashrules, promised he would not be disbarred.

Rashrules: I did say that.

Dypo: See? I will obediently go to jail, like I said.

Omegamaster006
Omega: Not so fast. You said "So, Omega will be your assistant? That's cool." That's not cool. I look for someone who is a prosecutor. But Rashrules, you said "You wanted a case, you got one! I'm now the official Ace Prosecutor of this board. x-)". If you are Ace Prosecutor. Then I become your assistant! What will you say? Mr.. Rashrules. O-ho.

Rashrules
Rashrules: Mr.. Dypo. I just spoke to the Chief of Police. You're getting 6 months, no disbarment.

As for you, Mr.. Omega... Sure, why not? I could use the help!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 11:17:04 am by Dypo » Report Spam   Logged

HOLD IT!
You should read it.
Dypo
Administrator
Experienced Attorney

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2010, 03:01:16 am »

Interlude between Case 2 and Case 3

McFazzer
*As the tension in the forums build I intensely and noisily eat popcorn*
*CHOMP* *CHOMP* *CHOMP* *CHOMP* *GULP*

Rashrules
Oh, and now that we're not in court, I don't need to be formal anymore.

Omega, before you become my assistant, why don't you try taking up a case yourself? It doesn't matter if you win or lose, it'll just do you good to have the experience. What do you think?
I can help you out occasionally, if you need it.

McFazzer
*CHOMP* *CHOMP*

Rashrules
"Omega, before you become my assistant, why don't you try taking up a case yourself? It doesn't matter if you win or lose, it'll just do you good to have the experience. What do you think?
I can help you out occasionally, if you need it."

Actually, I've got a case for you. A person named McFazzer has disgraced the court with noisy eating habits, along with the fact that eatables aren't even allowed inside the courtroom.

I wonder who'll defend in the trial though. Maybe it'll be Dypo again. He saved an officer's life and doesn't have to go to jail, you know. Or so I heard.

Dypo
[Flashback to Dypo's escort to the Detention Centre]

Dypo: *Mopes* Really, can't you walk ANY faster, officer? I'm fed up with walking this slow!

Officer: I don't care. Delinquents are delinquents. Never cared about them. Never will either.

I saw the officer wasn't paying attention. A shadow was creeping around behind him. I had a bad feeling about this. Very bad.

Shadow: *Snickers* I'm gonna get ya, officer... Gotta purge the good guys. Kekekeh...

Dypo: *Bug-eyed* Look out! There's someone behind you!

Officer: Yeah, right. I gotcha. The very instant I look that way, you're gonna run away. Trying to deny it is useless.

Dypo: But-

Officer: No "but"-ing yourself outta your handcuffs, man.

The shadow crept closer to the officer. Disturbingly close. I could see some strange characteristics. The shadow was about to attack the officer with a gun.

Dypo: Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh! He-he's getting closer!

Officer: Yeah, yeah, nice try, but- Oomph!

Dypo: *Pushes officer away* LOOK OUT! HE'S TRYING TO KILL YOU! Oh, damn! He hit me! Ugh...

Officer: Aaah! Hang on! You'll be fine! *Pulls gun* S-stay t-t-there! Freeze!

Shadow: You won't get me... You may have survived this time, but know that you'll die someday... Kekekeh...

Officer: You bastard! You'll die! *Shoots*

All I could see was that the officer had hit the mysterious shadow in the shoulder. I blacked out after that, not knowing if I would survive. After all, I was... Shot...

Officer: Are you OK? You're gonna be fine!

Dypo: *Pants* Whuh?!? What happened to that killer?

Officer: He- he got away... I'm sorry. I only shot him through the shoulder.

Dypo: Hm. Don't worry. I'll put him on trial! He'll definitely pay! That is, once I get out of jail...

Officer: Ah, but that's the good news. Because you selflessly saved my life, I put in some good words for you. Chief Justice will probably decide to release you. I'm his nephew, you know.

Dypo: Huh?! Really?! Aw, shucks... What can I say? I couldn't leave a fellow human and defender of the law to die, could I?

And that's how I avoided getting into jail. I swore I would track that mysterious killer down. Even if it cost me my life.

McFazzer
*CHOMP*

Rashrules
"Actually, I've got a case for you. A person named McFazzer has disgraced the court with noisy eating habits, along with the fact that eatables aren't even allowed inside the courtroom."

I'm tempted to take this case up myself... but something new has come up. Something far more important.

1:00 P.M. Police Headquarters
Meeting Room

People present: 3
Dypo
Nephew of Chief Justice
Chief Justice

Chief: Are you SURE you didn't see the face of the attacker?

Dypo: I'm sure. But, that doesn't mean we can't track him down!

Nephew: I'd love to do that, Mr. Attorney. But we don't have any leads!

Dypo: We do.
*presents: Bullet*
The ballistic marks on the bullet can lead us to the gun that it was fired from.

Chief: That's impossible! There are far too many guns in the city! Maybe he even disposed of the weapon!

Nephew: Sorry, uncle. I'll be more careful next time.

Chief: Seems like we've got no leads. This case is a dead end.
This meeting is adjou--

*someone bursts in*

Rashrules: >HOLD IT!<
I hope I'm not too late. I know someone who might be a suspect.

Nephew: Who? Wait till I get my hands on him...

Rashrules: The name of the suspect... is Omega.

Dypo: You don't mean... the same person present at the trial?

Rashrules: I do. As you remember, I had asked him to prosecute in the trial of McFazzer. But as soon as I mentioned the fact that Mr. Dypo here saved an officer's life, he disappeared.
It's been a while, and I haven't seen him since. He didn't show up for the trial too, so it happened to be postponed.

Why did he disappear at the mention of the event? Reason enough for suspicion, wouldn't you agree?

Chief: That... makes sense!

Rashrules: Nobody has seen him since. But, we have a trap ready for him. The four of us are the only ones who suspect him. He might return later, only to get arrested. He doesn't know that we're on to him.

Dypo: You seem to be jumping to conclusions. That's all just speculation.

Rashrules: Well, we'll have to gather evidence. I know one other possible suspect... but there is absolutely no evidence against him. I think there's one place where we can actually 'catch' Omega.

Chief: And where would this be?

Rashrules: ...At McFazzer's trial, providing he shows up. He'll prosecute, and win. Then we unveil our logic, and deduce the attacker to be him. He'll be taken by surprise, and it'll save us time of going to court later.

Nephew: That's blasphemy! I say we just go out, find him, grab him by the neck and haul him into prison.

Rashrules: That too, is an option.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 11:20:31 am by Dypo » Report Spam   Logged

HOLD IT!
You should read it.
Dypo
Administrator
Experienced Attorney

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2010, 03:08:08 am »

Case 3: Court v. McFazzer
Prosecutor: Omegamaster006
Final Verdict: Not Guilty

Dypo
Dypo: (Hmph... This is just my second case and I've already got a guilty defendant to defend... But if it can help me to find the bastard who shot me, I'll gladly do it.

McFazzer: Hey!

Dypo: Y-yes, sir! (Damn, he caught me off-guard...)

McFazzer: So you're my lawyer, ain'tcha?

Dypo: I was under the impression I was, yes. What about it? You ARE innocent, right...? (I'm guessing most suspects expect their lawyers to say that.)

McFazzer: Nope, I'm guilty as charged. *Lights cigarette*

Dypo: W-WHAT?!? (I knew he was guilty, but for him to admit it...)

McFazzer: But that don't matter, if ya catch my drift. Look, I got some friends who don't wanna see me get hauled into jail, so ya better get me acquitted ASAP, see? *Glares suspiciously*

Dypo: O-OK... (Ack! Now I have to get him cleared! This is looking worse and worse...)

April 19, 10:00 AM
District Court
Courtroom No. 3

Judge: *Slams gavel* Court is now in session for the trial of Mr. McFazzer.

Omega: The prosecution is ready, Your Honor.

Dypo: The defense is ready, Your Honor. (Omega showed up! He probably doesn't know we're onto him.)

Judge: Ahem. Will the prosecution state their opening statement, please?

Omega: Certainly. This seems like a pretty straightforward case to me. The evidence, as well as the witness, will tell all. The defendant is, without a doubt, guilty.

Dypo: (Even I know McFazzer's guilty. But I've got to get him cleared, or... *Gulps* Oops. Better object...)

>OBJECTION!< We aren't 100% sure as to what happened. Thus, the prosecution cannot state the defendant is guilty. We have not yet seen decisive evidence as of yet!

Judge: True. Will the prosecution please call their first witness?

Omega: Certainly. The prosecution calls Mr. Rashrules to the stand!

Omega: Will the witness state his name and occupation, please.

Rashrules: I'm Mr. Rashrules. I'm a prosecuting attorney.

Omega: Um... And your first name?

Rashrules: I'll keep that to myself.

Judge: Ah, the mystery deepens... Though this court won't pry into one's affairs unnecessarily. Still, it makes me wonder...

Dypo: (The trial hasn't even begun yet! Wait... Mr. Rashrules doesn't know my situation, does he? Better send him a signal...)

Judge: Please tell us about the crime in its entirety.

Dypo: (Uh oh. Signal- signal...) [DON'T... TELL... THE... TRUTH! HE... THREATENED... ME! HIS... FRIENDS... WILL... KILL... ME!]

Rashrules
Rashrules: (What? Why is Dypo making those gestures? Is he trying to say something?)

Rashrules: Mhmm... anyway. I shall continue. This is what happened. Omega, I hope you can win this trial. (I don't think I've ever lied that blatantly before...)
____

TESTIMONY

-The defendant was present during my previous trial.

-He was noisily munching snacks throughout.

-Need I remind the court that snacks are prohibited in the courtroom?
____

Judge: Well! That was a definitive testimony if I ever saw one! Any words, Mr. Omega?

Omega: Is there anything for me to say, really?

Rashrules: (Dypo has his face in his hands... I think I said something wrong...)

Dypo: ... Errr... I would like to start the Cross-Examination. *hand gesture*

Rashrules: (...ah! So McFazzer has friends? Crap, I think I got Dypo into trouble.)
____

CROSS-EXAMINATION

- He was noisily munching snacks throughout.

Dypo:>HOLD IT!<
Could you elaborate on that point for us?

Rashrules: (Hmm... I'll need to throw him a bone here, so to speak) ...Very well. He-

Omega: >OBJECTION!<
The prosecution sees no room for doubt in the witness' testimony!

Judge: Overruled. It's always worth it to have every detail drawn out from a testimony. You'll never know what you might find.

Dypo: (Suddenly, I respect you a lot more, your Honour.)

Rashrules: Anyway, I'll continue. He kept munching his potato chips in the room. I'm not sure how he got the bag inside, though. Security needs to be tighter.

Judge: Was that important just now?

Dypo: Yes, your honour. I think it was.

Judge: Very well, please add it to your testimony.

-He kept eating from the bag of potato chips which he smuggled inside.

-Need I remind the court that snacks are prohibited in the courtroom?
____

Judge: Any contradictions, Mr. Dypo?

Omega: I think you would save us time if you just handed the verdict now, your Honour. The defense is clearly incapable of being an attorney.

Dypo
Omega: Well, Your Honor? Clearly, he's incapable of-

I object! This cross-examination isn't over yet!

Judge: The prosecution's case is solid, and they have a decisive witness. I see no need to-

Omega: I say we let him have his chance. Not that it will change this case's outcome, howev-

Dypo: Ah, but it will. You'll see.

Judge: In that case, I'll grant you this last cross-examination. Make it count!

Dypo: I will, Your Honor.

CROSS-EXAMINATION

-He was noisily munching snacks throughout.

-He kept eating from the bag of potato chips which he smuggled inside.

Dypo: >HOLD IT!<
Are you sure about that?

Judge: … I’m not sure I follow you.

Dypo: (Is that some kind of standard catch-phrase?!) Just let the witness answer my question, and all shall become clear.

Omega: Hah! Clearly, an act of desperation! I say we put an end to this miserable excuse for a trial!

Dypo: You should hear yourself, desperately asking His Honor to end the trial! Now, if you would answer the question, please…

Rashrules: (He caught the “bone”!) Certainly. The defendant was, most definitely, eating from a bag of potato crisps.

Dypo: As I thought…

Judge: That look on your face… You’re onto something, aren’t you…?

Dypo: That I am.

Judge: Well then, will you show us evidence of this contradiction?

Dypo: It’s right here.

[Present -> Bag of Pop Corn. Evidence found at the crime scene. Contains no DNA of any sort.]

>TAKE THAT!<

Omega: And what is the relevancy of this evidence?

Dypo: You haven’t noticed? I’m disappointed. Clearly, there’s no substitute for experience! (And a little help on Rashrules’s part, but okay.) Mr. Rashrules! You claimed that Mr. McFazzer noisily ate from a bag of potato crisps, yes…?

Rashrules: Yes, I did say that.

Dypo: Then why is it that what we found at the scene… Is a bag of Pop Corn?

Omega: Again, what’s the relevancy of this?

Dypo: It’s simply this: If Mr. McFazzer was the one responsible… Then why is all we find at the crime scene a bag of Pop Corn? Mr. McFazzer was eating potato crisps. Clearly, a contradiction!

Rashrules: I thought that was strange, too. He was carrying a bag of Pop Corn, but the sound came from a bag of crisps!

Judge: This is rather confusing. Could you elaborate for a bit?

Dypo: Certainly, Your Honor. If you would take a look at the diagram, please…

-------------
[Seat] [Seat]
[McF ] [Seat]
-------------

Dypo: The bag of crisps was found at the seat behind Mr. McFazzer. Mr. McFazzer was trying to pick it up when he was arrested. The crime scene left an undying impression on the bailiffs. Namely, that it was Mr. McFazzer who owned it. But what if… Mr. McFazzer was trying to pick it up and throw it in the trash can? Or if he was trying to pick it up and eat from it? The fact remains, that the Pop Corn is what has been found at Mr. McFazzer’s seat. So you see, Your Honor, the guilty party is the person on the seat behind Mr. McFazzer!

Omega: …
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 11:23:55 am by Dypo » Report Spam   Logged

HOLD IT!
You should read it.
Dypo
Administrator
Experienced Attorney

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2010, 03:15:23 am »

Rashrules
What is the relevance of that? Chips or popcorn, the crime isn't any different!

Also, isn't this as good as a confession?
"*As the tension in the court builds I intensely and noisily eat popcorn*"
(edited to make more fitting)

Rashrules: I'll tell you, Omega.

Judge: Witness?!

Rashrules: Here is a new way of looking at things. How about that... McFazzer was framed?

Omega: YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE HELPING ME!

Rashrules: Think of this as a test, if you must.

Judge: W-where are you going with this?

Rashrules: Look at his quote again.
"*As the tension in the court builds I intensely and noisily eat popcorn*"

But, if you take into account when it was said, it was after the trial was over. The tension had already reached the climax and had ended!

*crowd murmurs*

Rashrules: Don't forget that there was a lot of commotion after the verdict was given. So among all the noise and confusion, you can't confirm that McFazzer said those words. The popcorn and chips inconsistency can be explained this way too. Both were planted there to frame him, it's just that sometimes people like me referred to one of them but not the other.

Judge: I see! I never thought I would see the day when a witness of all people would come up with a zany theory!

Omega: Witness! You are dismissed! Grrr...

Rashrules: Alright, then. I'll stand by you now, to get a good view of things. (Hmm... He might be suspicious that I'm not exactly on his side...)

Judge: What does the defense have to say about this? Also, since a lot of people were present during the last trial, would anyone else like to testify?

Rashrules: *goes to the defense's bench and quietly whispers* Dypo.

Dypo: What?

Rashrules: It's your turn. Omega is a little suspicious, I think. But if you can spring the crime he is guilty of onto him and derail the court, then there's a chance that the current trial will be held at a later date, probably with a new attorney. Which means that you won't have to deal with McFazzer's goons!

But we'll have to continue this trial for now. He's got his guard up because of my testimony. Let him relax a bit, and then go on the offensive.

Dypo: Got it. I'll keep going with this... and then I'll accuse him of what he's done when he's unwary.

Rashrules: *goes to the Prosecutor's bench next to Omega*

Judge: Would the defense like to say something?

____
(If you're a viewer, you can be a part of this too. Just testify!)

Rashrules
(I keep switching around between spellings of defense/defence. Sorry.)

Rashrules: (...aah!)

Dypo: (Looks like Rashrules just realized something. Hm, I wonder what he probably has to say now? Too bad I can't talk to him from across the room.)

Omega: Mr. Rashrules, I'm sorry for my outburst earlier. I know now that you were testing me because the defence is clearly incapable of providing any challenge at all. After I win this trial, I'll be honoured to be your assistant.

Rashrules: (His voice tells me that he's still suspicious of me. Is he trying to throw me off the track? Hmph. I just deduced this entire case now, I can only hope that Dypo and I are on the same page.)

Dypo: *ahem* The defence's stance on the current topic is... (I hope whatever Rashrules has to say doesn't rub Omega the wrong way...)

Rashrules
Sorry Omega. We thought you left the topic and I did what I could with your 'character'.

"I found worst case. Mr. McFazzer was eating potato crisps right. But why he have bag of Pop Corn?
Is potato crisps in it? Is that trick? Hmm..."

What's with all the grammatical errors?

Judge: Mr. Rashrules! What is it now?

Rashrules: I just deduced what might have happened. This-

Judge: Overruled. You are not the prosecutor in this case, so I would advise you not to interfere.

Rashrules: This is impo-

Judge: Didn't I make myself clear?

Rashrules: Crystal clear, but that doesn't mean a thing. The truth will not be stopped by an old man like you. Now be quiet and listen.

Judge: W-wh... Y-yes, alright...

Rashrules: You must be thinking: 'If the chips were behind McFazzer's seat, but the popcorn was still found on his seat, doesn't that still make him guilty?' The answer is yes.

You must also be thinking that 'McFazzer's picking up the chips behind him to throw in the dustbin' is nothing but a possibility without evidence.

But... McFazzer never had the popcorn, neither the chips. I'll prove the latter.

Judge: How will you do that?

Rashrules: Take a look at this:

"I was waiting for another one of these *grabs chips and a drink* continue please *munch munch"

Something said by a person name Veteran_outlaw. And that person is the guilty party!

*music starts playing*

Rashrules: As for the former... take a look at when the defendant started munching the popcorn. It was right after the trial ended, was it not? A quick look at the records will tell you that.

Omega: ...True.

Rashrules: Now, the contradiction here is what the defendant said himself... for what he was convicted!

"*As the tension in the court builds I intensely and noisily eat popcorn*

*CHOMP* *CHOMP* *CHOMP* *CHOMP* *GULP*"

You see... the tension in the court had already climaxed and ended. This brings up several questions. Why would he make a mistake like that? He was paying attention to the trial, wasn't he? Why would he unnecessarily make a fool of himself with such a comment?

Unless... it was someone else who framed him. Someone who wasn't paying too much attention to the trial, only focusing on planting the popcorn and thinking up ways of luring McFazzer to pick up the bag of chips.
After the climax, the court was noisy. Everyone was discussing the verdict. Some would hear the above 'comment' amidst the noise. They wouldn't pay much thought to it. But when McFazzer is arrested, they would automatically assume that he was the one who said it. Thus, more evidence against him.

Dypo: (But McFazzer admitted to me that he was guilty in the lobby! Rashrules doesn't know that yet! He too thought that the defendant was guilty earlier, but now he's entertaining the fact that he isn't! If only I could tell him from here...)

Rashrules: This proves with little doubt that McFazzer was framed. Either Veteran_outlaw did it alone, or he had an accomplice or two. We can't really tell currently, since we only know that Veteran_outlaw had the bag of chips, not popcorn. But McFazzer is innocent. I can guarantee that.

Dypo: (...No! He's on the wrong track! McFazzer is GUILTY! He said so... he even threatened me with his friends! I should yell 'Objection!'... but I'm feeling a little weak for... some reason.)

Judge: A sound theory! I'm glad I listened after all!

Omega: Why, you're practically doing the defence's job for him! And this is a decent test for me. Dypo hasn't even spoken a word yet! He's looking dazed too. What's the matter, Dypo? Too overwhelming for you?
Anyway, let me start by saying that what Rashrules said is not-

Dypo: Objection!

Judge: That was a weak objection. Normally, you attorneys yell loudly-

Dypo: >OBJECTION!< *cough*
The defence... does not... AGREE! *sputter*

Judge: I say, are you fine Mr. Dypo? And what Mr. Rashrules said has been beneficial to your case!

Dypo: (What should I tell them? ...I can't... tell them what McFazzer said! But... wait.)
(This is what Rashrules was telling me about! I'll... go on the offensive about Omega's crime and postpone the... current trial!)

??: >HOLD IT!< I said, "Hold it!" folks!

Judge: I-it's the defendant!

McFazzer: Yup, it's me! Listen to me, Mr. Defence attorney!

Dypo: ...?

McFazzer: What I said to you in the lobby was ONE BIG LIE! I don't have any mean friends like that! I thought... that you would try to find the truth instead of getting a 'not guilty' verdict. Yes, I'm innocent I tell ya! But with all that evidence pointing at me, I thought that you would think that the 'truth' was me being guilty! So I threatened you out of fear!
What Mr. Prosecutor said is true! No, not the one over there. The one next to him, the one with a name like gashmules or something!

Dypo: (Something tells me that he's not lying. Then that means... I can finish the trail without worrying about myself... g-guh... feeling... faint...)

Omega: Hah! You're just sticking with whichever story makes you appear innocent!

Judge: But Mr. Rashrules' logic is flawless! It makes complete sense! Can you disprove it?

Omega: ...GAH!

Rashrules: Was my 'test' too hard, Omega? Don't worry, there are a lot of great attorneys who have their first case not end in their favour. Dypo is just an example.

Judge: I shall hand down my verdict. Any last words from the defence?

Dypo: (a..a..rr..g...h... can barely...stay...conscious... he said 'any last words?'... how fitting, seeing how... I'm going to turn out...)

*THUMP*

Judge: What?! The defense... fell down!

*crowd murmurs*

Rashrules: Call an ambulance, quick! He looked unwell to me!

Judge: The verdict is 'Not Guilty!' Now let's check his pulse!

Omega: Hm...

MEDICAL REPORT
Patient No: 31305
Name: Dypo
Hospital Room: 8
Notes:
Was infected with slow-acting poison. He was saved in time. Is currently weak and will recover in approximately 10 days.

(The trial that just happened was all a trap... but two unexpected things happened. The client who we thought was guilty was really innocent. And the trap prepared for the person who shot Dypo and the Chief Justice's nephew... failed. We don't know how Dypo was poisoned, but it had something to do with the trap we were about to spring. Him getting shot, and now poisoned by possibly the same person... who knew what was in store next?)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 03:06:53 pm by Dypo » Report Spam   Logged

HOLD IT!
You should read it.
Dypo
Administrator
Experienced Attorney

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2010, 03:22:19 am »

Interlude between Case 3 and Case 4

Chaze_the_Chat
Chaze: Hello, I'm Chaze, and I'm the Defense Attorney for this next case. So, the defence of the last case fell? Poisoned?

Rashrules
Rashrules: Ah, hello, Mr. Chaze. I'm sure that you were sent as a replacement for Mr. Dypo, correct?

Chaze: Yes, that's right.

Rashrules: I'm afraid that the verdict has already been called. It has been roughly a hour since Dypo fainted, and for the past 50 minutes or so we were waiting for his medical report to come by. For the past remaining 10 minutes we were discussing its contents. I'm sorry, but you shall not be needed today.

I hope to see you perform in court someday, though. Everyone is leaving now.

Chaze: It's been an honour to meet you. But if I may ask, what are you planning to do now?

Rashrules: I'm going to gather clues about the poisoning and the first assault on our hospitalized defence attorney. You sound interested, would you like to be a part of this and join the investigation?

Chaze: ...

Rashrules: ... So you need some time to think about it? I must emphasize that if you do join, you need to be familiar with the previous cases. I have a feeling they're connected.

Here are the records of those cases:

*present http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=945812&topic=54554562*

Chaze: Thank you.

________

Prosecutor's Office
4:45 P.M.
Rashrules's room

Rashrules: I need to gather my thoughts. I know the prime suspect: Omega. He knew about the trap, but showed up in court anyway because he knew that if anyone would fall into the trap, it would be us in his.

I need some information: His motive, how he knew about our plan in court and how he poisoned Dypo. It will be impossible to catch him without this information. The reason why this information was not needed when we would launch the trap on him in court is because he would be incredibly taken aback, possibly unable to defend himself in that case.

But now.... it's a different matter.

I think I'll start with the second point. How did he know about our plan?
The only people who knew were the four of us who were present in the meeting in the Police Headquarters. They were Dypo, the Police Chief... or was it Chief Justice? I seem to have forgotten... no, focus, Rashrules!
It was Dypo, the Chief, his nephew and me.
I can rule myself and Dypo out. I haven't done it, and Dypo would not shoot or poison himself. But as for the other two, I'll need to do some investigating.

One of these people told the culprit. Or maybe one of these two are the culprit. But then... why would they poison Dypo if he was going after the wrong person anyway? That definitely proves that Omega is the culprit and he was told by one of these two.

*knock on the door*

Worker: Sir, there are renovations going on in the hall, and everyone is asked to leave for their homes.

Rashrules: Alright. Thank you.

(Hmm... I've got two likely accomplices, assuming that they didn't tell anyone else. Not bad for day one. I can think at home too, but then I'll just tax my mind. It'll be better if I rest now so I can continue tomorrow.)

Chaze_the_Chat
Chaze: Yes, I'd love to be part of this investigation.

---

Chaze: Hmm, I guess I might as well get up to the scene of the crime, the court room.

Some day, some time
District Court
Courtroom No. 3

Chaze: Ahh, haven't been here in a while, ever since...that day, that accident. But that doesn't matter now. What I am going to do is investigate. Ah, Mr. Rashrules.

Rashrules: Hm, Mr. Chaze. I was wondering when you would show up.

Chaze: That's nice to hear, Rashrules. I was just getting ready to start my investigation.

Rashrules: OK.

Chaze: So, has the medical report been released?

Rashrules: Yup, here you go. It seems like he was poisoned by Potassium cyanide.

Chaze: *searches for a bit* Hm, is that what I see? A bottle of Potassium cyanide?

Rashrules: Nice find, Chaze!

Dypo
(Nice! Finally, we're getting some support!)
___

At the hospital...

Dypo: U-urgh. *Coughs* Why did they poison me...? What'd I do? I feel faint... Hm?!

I saw a shadow lurking by the windows. It reminded me of something, but I couldn't place it. The poison made me weak. But when the shadow tried to approach me, it was hard not to notice. It was the "killer" who shot me. I tried to jump out of bed, but I was too weak... Instead, I slammed the button beside my hospital bed. It was my only chance. Running would only make it worse, considering the position I was in. All I could see was a nurse, rushing into my room. Then I fainted, due to the poison.

Nurse: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!! A ghost!!!

??: I'm fed-up with people thwarting my evil plans... So you are going to DIE!

Nurse: N-no! HELP MEEEEEEEE!!!

??: It's a pity you couldn't just die quietly... Now I'll have to silence you. *Shoots her*

BANG!

Doctor: Who's there?! *Sees dead body* Aaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!! Marina, no! You... YOU BASTARD! She... Marina was my wife!!! I'll do anything to thwart your malicious plans! GUYS!

Bodyguards: SIR!

??: Hmph... I'm outnumbered, and my gun only has 5 rounds left. They'll eventually get to me, and it'll have been for naught. I'll be taking my leave, if you don't mind. Kekekekekeh! *Flees through the open window*

Doctor: I DO mind! Get the hell back here! *sobs* Marina... I'll avenge you, even if it kills me...! I'll go after him! ... No, that won't do. I need to think this over rationally. If I can describe his movements in utmost detail, I'm sure this patient can help me. I've heard he's a defense attorney, and a good one at that.
Now, what did he say again... "He had 5 rounds left?" One shot has been fired on Marina, so I guess that means his gun has 6 rounds total.

LOGIC FRAGMENT aqcuired:
The culprit had 6 rounds total, and its side said "Millennium". Will this aid in the investigation?

Doctor: Did he say anything else? ... No, that was everything. I'm fairly sure it said something like Millennium, though. I'll report this to Mr. Dypo once he wakes up.

Later...

Dypo: I-I'm alive! That's a relief. *sees Doctor cleaning away some blood* Whaaaaa!! What happened?! Did he kill someone?

Doctor: Unfortunately, he did. It was my wife, Marina.

Dypo: W-WHAAAAT?! You can't be serious! If not for me, she-

Doctor: No need to apologise, Mr. Dypo. I would've done the exact same thing if I were in your position. And there was no way for you to have known this beforehand. In any case, I've heard him say something rather interesting: He had 5 rounds left. Which means, that his gun had 6 rounds total. Also, its side said "Millenium".

Dypo: Hm... That might help. It eliminates the possibility that it's a gun with more or less than 6 rounds. And it said "Millennium", you say? That means, that it's probably a gun from the Taurus Millennium Series. Now THAT'S a fact that helps. Those guns are only manufactured in Brazil. I'm going to report this to Mr. Rashrules.

Doctor: But you're not strong enough yet! No one can be healed of this poison that fast!

Dypo: It seems to me that you're forgetting a vital fact.

Doctor: Which is...?

Dypo: I am one who upholds justice. Those who do have supreme curing mechanisms inside their bodies. ("This roughly translates as: I was trying to worm my way back into the story." - Dypo
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 03:13:13 pm by Dypo » Report Spam   Logged

HOLD IT!
You should read it.
Dypo
Administrator
Experienced Attorney

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2010, 02:53:49 pm »

Rashrules
Rashrules: Ahh... this recent wave of cases seemed to have stressed me a little. I need a holiday. I mean, everyone else is vacationing! The Judge went to Hawai during my second case and the Chief Justice's nephew just returned from Brazil. But I can't rest till I can finish this case.

Besides, holidays bring nothing but bad luck. The Judge's holiday caused the whole robot fiasco and as for the Chief's Nephew... what was his name again? I think it was Jeremiah (he insists that we call him Jerry)... well, I don't think anything bad has come out of his holiday.

*picks up newspaper and starts reading it*

MURDER IN HOSPITAL ROOM NO. 8

Rashrules: Room No. 8? Oh, no... can it be?

*checks Dypo's medical report*

T-the same room as--OH GOD, DYPO HAS BEEN MURDERED!

*knock on the door*

Rashrules: *very shaken* *slowly gets up and opens the door*

Rashrules: WHAT THE HELL?!

Dypo: Nice way to greet a sick man.

Rashrules: You... I thought... murder?

Dypo: Oh right, the murder in my hospital room. I can see that you jumped to conclusions. Why don't you read the full article?

Rashrules: *picks up newspaper*

Marina, the victim, was a nurse who was on duty when she was called by the patient in Room 8. She then screamed loudly and was shot. Then other people rushed in, including the victim's husband. The criminal then fled the scene. It seems that the original target of the murderer was the patient in Room 8, Dypo, a renowned defence attorney who was recently poisoned.
More details on Page 7...

Rashrules: Ahh... I almost had a heart attack. So, do you know who he was?

Dypo: Definitely the same person who tried to kill me previously. We have some clues. The gun was from the Taurus Millennium series and holds six rounds. They're only manufactured in Brazil.

Rashrules: (Bra...zil?)

[Logic Panel]

My recent thoughts:
(1) Chief Justice or his nephew Jerry is the culprit or alerted them about the court trap.
(2) I need a vacation. The Judge went to Hawaii earlier and Jerry just returned from Brazil.
(3) The gun was a Taurus Millennium which can hold six rounds. Made exclusively in Brazil.

(2) + (3) = ...!
________
Rashrules: (Jerry just returned from Brazil... could it be that he got the gun from there? But... that's speculation. We need some thing that ties him to this particular crime.)

[added Logic Fragment (4)]
________
(1) Chief Justice or his nephew Jerry is the culprit or alerted them about the court trap.
(4) Jerry just returned from Brazil and could have got the gun. But does anything tie him to the crime?

(1) + (4) = ...!
________
Rashrules: (Of course! Yesterday I deduced that only Chief Justice or Jerry knew about the trap other than me and Dypo, and only they could have either attempted to stop it themselves via poisoning or by telling Omega. The intent in both that and in this recent murder is that the original target was Dypo. With this new fact... only Jerry could have been the murderer!)

Rashrules: I think we need to pay our friend Jerry a visit.
*explains everything*

Dypo: Ah! Wait till I get my hands on him...

Rashrules: Wait... I'm starting to get a better view of things now.

Dypo: There's more?

Rashrules: When you were being taken to the police station and were assaulted, only Jerry was escorting you, right?

Dypo: That's right-- I get it! Why was just ONE officer taking me there? Normally, there should be many more when dealing with a criminal. Err... not that I'm a criminal...

Rashrules: Exactly. The reason why there was only one was because he could get you eliminated easily that way.
Think about it: Someone wants you dead. He talks to Jerry and tells him to escort you alone. The both of you go to wherever the killer wanted Jerry to take you. Then the killer assaulted you, but then runs away for some reason I can't figure out. I need to think about this fact later...

Dypo: That can't be right! The attacker originally tried to attack Jerry but I pushed him out of the way and took the hit.

Rashrules: It was part of their act.

Dypo: There's one more flaw... the officer shot him in the shoulder when he was running away. Why would he do that if they both were working together?

Rashrules: That was also part of the act. I know what you're thinking, but that shot could have been faked. We both believe the attacker to be Omega, and we can prove that the shot was faked.

Dypo: Right. We take an X-ray and can see if the bullet is not there. Ironic, isn't it? In the trap-trial, we would have taken the X-ray to prove that he was the attacker with the bullet. But it seems that we wouldn't have found it then.

But remember why we had the trial in the first place? It was so that we could get him without alerting him, so that he would not try to abscond. But now... he probably has fled.

Rashrules: I don't think so. If he was working with Jerry, he knows that you are in a weak state after the poisoning and have tried to be killed thrice in total. He's probably confident that you're scared out of your wits and won't pursue the case. But be careful, he might attack you again. I suggest that you wear a bulletproof vest.

Dypo: Makes sense, I guess. And I am already wearing one; you thought I wouldn't anticipate another attempt?

Rashrules: Before we continue with the investigation, there are a few things left un-answered.

Why is Omega's motive? It must be pretty strong if he's attempted to kill you thrice already.
Why did Jerry assist him?
If the bullet isn't in Omega, that can also mean that he's not tied to the crime at all.
Why did Omega run away after the first attack?

The possibilities are endless. But right now, our only lead is Jerry. We're going to ask him a few questions and arrest him.

I've learned one thing from this: Vacations can be hazardous to your health.

Dypo: Alright, let's go!

Chaze_the_Chat
Rashrules: Ah, Mr. Chaze, you're going to see Jerry too?

Chaze: Yep. I figured it out after I read the newspaper.

Rashrules: Ah, I see.

Chaze: Ah, hello, Mr. Dypo. Back on your feet so soon?

Dypo: Um, who are you?

Chaze: I'm Chaze the Chat, more commonly know as Chaze, and I am but a simple defense attorney.

Dypo: Ah, I see.

Chaze: So, where is Jerry at this point in time?

Chaze: Well, let's go!

Dypo
How can I possibly arrest him? He's Chief Justice's nephew...

Rashrules
Dypo... you can arrest him. Even though he's in a seat of power, he can still be arrested like von Karma and Gant. He doesn't have diplomatic immunity like Alba.

Continue the story, I just made two posts in a row regarding it.

Omega, please try to make sense in your posts. And you're the villain here, so unfortunately I don't think you can send letters to Dypo telling him to watch out. Being a villain isn't bad, you can be an awesome one and pull all the stops to get away. After all, most people's favourite characters in the series are villains. Who doesn't love Matt Engarde, that Magnificent Bastard from 2-4?

Dypo
Dypo: I can't help but sense a flaw in you logic...

Omega: You can't say that without backing it up with evidence! Unless you have some, which is impossible, of course... Because my logic is perfect!

Dypo: The rashness of youth is incomprehensible to me, even though I'm still so young as well. But there really is a flaw in your logic! Namely, let's assume Dr. Will did cooperate with "The Joker". Then why would he want vengeance? He was in cahoots with her murderer!

Hah! That doesn't prove anything! It just shows that he changed his mind! He didn't want him to shoot his wife at all! It was just a random casualty!

Ah, but if you admit that they were in cahoots... Then why hasn't Dr. Will sought to contact "The Joker"?! It's the easiest way to avenge her! He could slay him when he let his guard down!

Omega: Hmph... I'm out of counterarguments.

Dypo: Then I'll give you one last chance to prove your innocence. Do not misuse it.
... And don't call me idiot, imbecile!

Omega: And why ever not? ... Idiot.

Dypo: Because I could easily arrest you this very moment. Yet I did not. That's something to think about, Mr. Omega.

And with that, I left the hallway. I was certain that this wasn't the last time I would be confronting him. But first things first. I had to go arrest Jerry, strange as it might have seemed to me. It wasn't a lot to go on, but I wanted to pursue the leads that were given to me. Even if those leads were wrong, I could get one step closer... To the truth.

Dypo: *knocks on Jerry's front door* Hey, Jerry! You in there?

Jerry: Ah, hello, Mr. Dypo. What brings you here today, if you don't mind me asking?

Dypo: (I mustn't confront him. Not yet. He doesn't know we're onto him, so I'll use this oppurtunity to strike when he's not paying attention.) I'd like to ask you some questions regarding the incident in which I was shot.

Jerry: But you were with me there, were you not? Shouldn't you be privy to those facts already?

Dypo: Yes, I am privy to most of the facts. However... I was out cold for an unaccounted for amount of time. At that time, you were the only one who witnessed the rest. Besides, even if it turns out you know nothing more than me, I can at least verify the information.

Jerry: Very well then. Come in, and make yourself at home. I'll tell you all I remember.

Dypo: Could you tell it to me kind of like a testimony? I want to verify it statement by statement. Afterwards, I can also use it in court.

Jerry: Very well. I'll begin with my testimony.

TESTIMONY

--What I Saw--

- I was leading you to the Detention Center.

- Suddenly, you warned me of someone approaching. Sadly, I didn't believe you.

- You pushed me away, and were shot.

- I screamed he was a bastard and shot back.

- He ran away, but I couldn't pursue him.

- After all, you were just shot.

Dypo: (It's exactly like I remember it. I'll need to press him for some details...)

CROSS-EXAMINATION

- Suddenly, you warned me of someone approaching. Sadly, I didn't believe you.

Why didn't you believe me? If it were me, I'd take a brief glance, at the very least.

Jerry: Well, it's no use dwelling on the past. What's done is done. I can say I let someone escape in the past, though.

Dypo: I see. And what happened next?

- You pushed me away, and were shot.

- I screamed and shot back at him.

Where did you shoot him, exactly? (If I remember correctly, it was his left shoulder...)

Jerry: I believe I shot him in his right shoulder.

Dypo: (Hm... As I thought. A contradiction.) Mind adding that to the testimony?

Jerry: Not at all.

- I screamed and shot him in his right shoulder.

I'm sorry, Jerry, but that lie won't cut it here.

Jerry: What're you implying?

Dypo: I'm implying... Erm... That you might not have remembered it correctly. (Whew, that was a close one.) Tell me: Have you ever shot anyone before that?

Jerry: No, nothing but dolls.

Dypo: Then it must have made quite an impression on you. You were being attacked, and you panicked. I'm sure it would be hard to "forget" where you shot someone if it was your first time.

Jerry: Are you saying that I'm lying?

Dypo: Yes. You shot him in his left shoulder. When taking into account it was your first time shooting someone, it leaves us with two possibilities: The first being that it was a set-up... And the second being that it was all an act that played out not-so-well. I believe it to be both.

Jerry: B-but you were there! You witnessed me shooting him! You can't fake that sort of thing!

Dypo: No. It's surprisingly easy, actually. All you would need, is a hollow bullet filled with a small amount of red liquid. Upon hitting its target, the fake "bullet" would explode, leaving the "blood". It's as easy as that.

Jerry: Can you prove that?! You don't have any evidence, do you?!

Dypo: Actually, I do. All we need to do, is examine your gun. When a bullet leaves its gun, rifling marks are left, correct? Naturally, they would scrape off a bit of the bullet. If there's some strange material inside the gun, it's proof something other than your run-off-the-mill bullet was inside it! Furthermore, it's possible that when some bits were scraped off, some liquid leaked out. That would make it decisive evidence! Wouldn't you agree, Jerry?!

Jerry: AAAaaAAaaaaaAAAAaaaaaAAAaRRrrrRRrrrRRRrGGgGgggGGGggGgGgGGgHHHhHhhHHHHHHhhhHH!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 03:19:32 pm by Dypo » Report Spam   Logged

HOLD IT!
You should read it.
stealthjet
Regular Attorney

Eye'm the stongest!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 04:57:37 am »

Quote from: Rashrules
Detention Centre
Questioning Room
People Present: 4

Dypo
Rashrules
Jerry
Chief Justice

Jerry: *sobbing* I did help him out... I didn't see his face when we talked, but I agreed with him for the money he offered...

Chief: I... I'm disappointed in you. T-the... there's not much I can do to help you now. You have to atone for your crime.

Rashrules: You mean, 'crimes' not 'crime'.

Chief: Excuse me?

Dypo: Oh right. Jerry, you were the one who tried to kill me in the hospital room that night, weren't you?

Chief: WHAAAAAT?!

Jerry: You have no proof!

Dypo: (He's right about that...)

Rashrules: We'll get back to that later. Listen, you've confessed to one crime and can be tried for a more serious charge: murder. You'll probably get executed for that... but you might get life imprisonment instead if you answer us honestly.

Jerry: Okay...

Rashrules: What was the motive of the person who paid you? Why did he want Dypo dead?

Jerry: I don't know.

Rashrules: Hmm... fine. Then why did the shooter run away after the first assault.

Jerry: ...

Dypo: Well?

Chief: Please, boy... it's for your own good...

Jerry: ...
. . .

I had to uphold one part of the bargain, which I didn't. I-it's something you have to do... I can't go into detail about that. But I didn't do it, and he was angry. He really tried to shoot me that day... and then I instinctively pulled out my gun and fired at him. Of course, the only bullet loaded in it was the 'fake' bullet as Mr. Dypo pointed out earlier at my house. He thought that I'd anticipated him and was ready to shoot back. He was wrong, I'm not that smart.

Dypo: That doesn't make sense. When you fired the bullet and he felt no pain, he must have realized that you were defenseless. He DID hear the shot, didn't he?

Jerry: It was dark, wasn't it, Mr. Dypo? You remember the night well. You only saw a 'shadow' creeping up behind yourself. He probably assumed that I missed and would fire again.

Rashrules: There's another contradiction with this story. Why didn't you believe Dypo when he said that someone was there? You knew that this... attacker would come then, right?

Jerry: Like I said, I didn't anticipate him trying to attack me. So I thought it couldn't be him if Mr. Dypo saw him. After all, chances are that a predator would see its prey first, right? Mr. Dypo should have been dead if he really was the same person who paid me. But the attacker didn't shoot Dypo, so I thought he was bluffing.

Chief: ...I can't stay any longer. I need to go.

Rashrules: I understand. It's alright, sir.

*Chief Justice leaves the room*

Dypo: I know what happened after that.

Rashrules: So do I. Would you like to say it or should I?

Dypo: I'll take this one.

After that encounter, the attacker contacted you again and threatened you. He said that he wouldn't kill you for what you did only if you redeemed yourself by 'finishing' the job; killing me.
So you poisoned me. I'm not sure how, but you managed it. Unfortunately for you, I was saved in time. Then he contacted you again and was surely very upset. He told you to just go and put a bullet in my head when I was most vulnerable... when I was in the hospital.

Rashrules: ...but then the victim was a poor lady named Marina. You ran away again. I'm not sure what that attacker's intentions were then: he was probably ready to kill you after another failure. Luckily, we arrested you in time.

Jerry: You have absolutely NO proof of this!

Dypo: (Ergh... we still lack evidence!)

Jerry: I think questioning is over now, isn't it?

>HOLD IT!<

*someone bursts in*

Chaze: Glad I made it in time! I've got something for you guys.

Rashrules: What is it? Sometime helpful?!

Chaze: Didn't you mention earlier that you were going to accuse ol' Jeremiah of murdering the nurse?

Dypo: Wait a minute... You have proof?!

Chaze: See, I searched his house after you took him away. And I found...

...a Taurus Millennium gun with only five rounds in it, bearing Jerry's fingerprints.

Dypo: AHA!

Jerry: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I was going to dispose of it just then...!

Chaze: We didn't have time for a proper analysis, but with his reaction, it has to be the same gun, right?

Rashrules: Great work, Chaze!

Jerry: HA... AH...

You... you may have got me for this... but can you prove that I was the one who poisoned Dypo?!

Chaze: Either way, you're still doomed.

Jerry: What matters more? My punishment... or the truth? You'll never know... who poisoned Dypo! Me? The dude who paid me to kill? Or someone else? And what was his motive? I am doomed to my fate... but YOU! ...You will always be tormented by this lack of information!

Rashrules: (I wouldn't have put it quite so dramatically, but he's right to some extent.)

Dypo: You forget... we're lawyers. We can pull leads out of nowhere. We ARE going to deduce what exactly happened. Every unanswered question will make sense, as long as we're on the case.

Chaze: (Wow... that actually sounded inspirational.)

Jerry: I wouldn't be so bold, Mr. Dypo. That guy still wants you dead. You can wear a bulletproof vest even while sleeping... but he can just shoot you in the head!

Dypo: ...!

Rashrules: ...Guards. Take him away.

*guards walk in and take Jerry outside*

...We'll keep fighting for the truth. I wonder when we'll stand in court again?

Rashrules' home
Living Room

People present: 1

Rashrules

Rashrules: (Jerry has been arrested. That's a big step forward, but we still don't know the truth. We shouldn't waste anymore time and just get to arresting Omega, but there is little to no proof against him. And there are still two big questions left, which Jerry spelled out for us when we caught him.)

"You'll never know... who poisoned Dypo! Me? The dude who paid me to kill? Or someone else? And what was his motive?"

Rashrules: (With the evidence we have, a trial can't be held for Omega. And although we've made a lot of progress, with those two questions unanswered (especially the second one) we're still not too close to the truth.)

(But... I have a plan. At the trial of Jeremiah... we will ask the court "Who was he working for?"and accuse Omega. It does relate to the trial after all. As for proving it... well, we'll manage something. The truth will be known.)

(There is another problem. All this time, I've been saying "we" instead of "I". Well, I plan to have either Dypo or Chaze defend in the trial so they can help to find the truth, with the attorney who's not part of the trial be a witness and help out, like I did in the last case of Dypo V/S Omega.

The problem lies in the fact that I'm asking them to defend a guilty person, even if they won't actually do that and go after the truth instead. I'll be telling them to stain their own record on purpose. Will they accept? I don't know, really.)

(All that's left is the trial tomorrow. If none of those two make it... well, I just hope it'll turn out alright.)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 01:44:22 am by Dypo » Report Spam   Logged
stealthjet
Regular Attorney

Eye'm the stongest!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 05:18:27 am »

Case 4: Dypo v. Jeremiah
Prosecutor: Rashrules

Courtroom No. 3

Judge: This is the trial of Jeremiah... erm, what's his surname again? Anyway, he has been charged of being an accomplice in an assault and murder. Is the prosecution ready?

Rashrules: Yes, your honour.

Judge: And the defence?

Where is the defence?

Rashrules: It seems like they're running late, your honour. We shouldn't delay the trial, though. May I start with my opening statement?

Judge: Very well.

Rashrules: The defendant has confessed to being an accomplice in the assault on Mr. Dypo. Also, extremely incriminating evidence was found against him relating to the second charge, the murder of hospital nurse Marina.

Judge: And that is...?

Rashrules: The murder weapon, with his fingerprints on it. His response on seeing the murder weapon when we presented it to him was "I was going to dispose of it just then...!"
Needless to say, he is guilty on both charges.

*crowd murmurs*

Judge: Well! It doesn't even seem like we need the defence for this! I shall hand down my verdict now.

Rashrules >HOLD IT!<

Your honour, this trial is not about finding the defendant guilty. It's about finding the truth. You can't hand down the verdict until BOTH the guilty persons are found.
Who was Jerry the accomplice of in the first crime? Also, he said that the same person told him to go to the hospital room to kill... Mr. Dypo. We need to find this person, he is the real mastermind behind this crime.
Also, do you see a common thread between these two crimes?

Judge: The intent of killing Mr. Dypo!

Rashrules: That's right. If you go a little further, then you'll see that it ties to another crime: the poisoning of Mr. Dypo. That makes three attempts at his life; so the person who poisoned him is either Jerry or the person who hired him. He seems quite desperate on getting him killed.

Here is something that should help you:

*present Full Report of what everything happened since the first assault*

I wrote that. It took time, you know?
Also, this:

*present Surveillance Camera Footage (with audio) of the Questioning of Jeremiah*

Judge: I'll just take a look at this...

*after watching*

Judge: Well! I seem to have a clear grasp of the case... and according to this, the person who worked with the defendant... was prosecutor Omega?!

*excited crowd murmurs*

Rashrules: That person is sitting in this room today. He couldn't miss his accomplice take the fall, could he? He didn't think I would accuse him, as there is only proof against Jerry. As soon as I stopped your verdict, he tried to leave because he realized that we was in danger. But I had given special instructions to the guards to stop him. You see, I've been watching him this whole time. He can't run away now.

Judge: Do you have proof to back up your accusation?

Rashrules: There are many reasons to doubt. Him trying to leave the room just now is one. I suggest we have him testify.

Judge: Very well. I would like to call Omega to the stand.

Omega: ...Nice to see you again, my mentor.

Rashrules: Hello, Omega.

Omega: Is this another one of your 'tests'? Tell me it's a joke.

Rashrules: I'm afraid not. Your testimony, if you will.

Omega: Hmph...
________
TESTIMONY

-The accusation is baseless. The prosecution is clearly desperate to solve everything so that he can gain fame.

-There is no evidence against me, and I don't have a motive either.

-And I have no connection to the poisoning, and you don't know who did it either.

-The killer seems hellbent on killing Dypo. Three attempts already. Can you provide a motive for me to have done it?
________

Omega: And just so you know, I'm not your assistant anymore.

Rashrules: It was an honour.

Judge: Wait... isn't it the defence's job to cross-examine the witness? We can't proceed like this!

Rashrules: Unfortunately, that's right. We can only wait now.

Omega: Hahahahahahaha! This IS a joke! I'm --

>HOLD IT!<

*someone bursts in*

Judge: I-is that the defence?

??: ...

Quote from: Dypo
Dypo: *Arrives at the courtroom, and takes place in the audience* I think I'll let Chaze handle it this time. I mean, I have to give him a chance to shine, too. Besides, my cross-examination might be... biased, if you will.

May 7, 10:35 AM
District Court
Courtroom No. 3

>HOLD IT!<

Bailiff: SIR! I've got your new gavel, sir! It was just delivered!

Judge: Ah, I was already getting worried my gavel might not survive this trial. I guess I should stop handling it so recklessly.

Rashrules: (That's just you slamming your flimsy gavel too much, Your Honor...)

Judge: ... But on to the point! With things as they are, we cannot proceed-

Dypo: *pant*>HOLD IT!< *pant* I'm here!

Judge: Ah, Mr. Dypo. I see you ran this way all the way from the audience. Are you a temporary defense attorney?

Dypo: Actually, I'm going to replace the current defense attorney, Mr. Chaze.

Judge: Ah, I see. I guess he won't be returning. Now then, your cross-examination, if you please.

Dypo: Certainly, Your Honor.

___

CROSS-EXAMINATION

-The accusation is baseless. The prosecution is clearly desperate to solve everything so that he can gain fame.

I wouldn't call it baseless, Mr. Omega. Or can you disprove it?

Omega: Tch! Let me ask one thing before that: Can you prove I did it?

Dypo: ... As of now, I can't.

Omega: See? Your logic is revealed to be the baseless conjecture it is!

Dypo: Tsk, tsk, tsk... In due time, I will reveal your motive, I assure you. Now then, continue with your testimony, if you please.

-There is no evidence against me, and I don't have a motive either.

So you have no ties to me at all...?

Omega: Why don't you answer that question yourself? You know it's true.

Dypo: (I don't know anything about him, and I'd never seen him before either. I'm afraid he's got a point.) Very well. Continue with your testimony, please.

-And I have no connection to the poisoning, and you don't know who did it either.

Actually, I do have a hunch.

Omega: And what might that hunch be?

Dypo: Well, to begin with, there's the issue of you showing knowledge of my poisoning!

Omega: But I already told you! I deduced it after seeing you were going to collapse!

Dypo: And how, pray tell, did you deduce that fact?

Omega: W-Well, I think anyone would've thought you were... right?

... I don't think so. Apparently, my reaction to the poison would equal a normal person collapsing from over-working. Frankly, if I were you, I would've thought exactly the same. So why did you think what you did? It's because you knew I was poisoned! ((OOC: Thanks, Stealthjet!))

Omega: Urk.

Judge: Mr. Dypo, what's the meaning of this?!

Dypo: That's exactly what I want to know. Well, Mr. Omega? Can you provide us with a reason?

Omega: ... Well I-I-I... I saw... Yes, a bottle of Potassium Cyanide! That's how I deduced it!

Dypo: ... And how did you know it was Potassium Cyanide?

Omega: ...!

Judge: I know a bottle was found... But the bottle in question was very little, and it wasn't labeled. I'm rather curious how you knew myself.

Omega: I... I planted that bottle. I knew you suspected me, so I planted a bottle to draw the suspicion away from me! I'm not the one who poisoned you!

Judge: WHHHHHAAAAAAATTTTTTT?!?!?! You PLANTED that bottle?! I'm not sure what to think about that...

Dypo: (He’s obviously trying to worm his way out of his crimes by acting like he was trying to “prove” he didn’t poison me. However, as of now, I don’t have any proof, so I’ll carry on with the testimony and see what I can find.) Very well. I’ll leave it at that. Go on.

Judge: But-

Dypo: I know what you’re going to say. “But I’m rather curious why you thought that would make you seem less suspicious,” is what you were thinking, correct?

Judge: But how...?

Dypo: Do not question the powers of an Ace Attorney! In due time, all shall be revealed, Your Honor.

Judge: Very well. Witness, continue with you testimony, if you please.

-The killer seems hellbent on killing Dypo. Three attempts already. Can you provide a motive for me to have done it?

(He must have a motive. Otherwise, why would he have wanted to kill me?)

Judge: Mr...?

Dypo: (But wait, I’m thinking about this in the wrong way. I shouldn’t be thinking what is his motive, but what could make him want to kill me?)

Judge: ...Are ... listening...?

Dypo: (When I take that into account, which possibilities would remain? Wait... what if... he had someone supervising him? Someone like Alba...? That’s certainly a possibility. Better ask Omega.)

Judge: MR. DYPO!!! ARE YOU LISTENING?!

Dypo: Ack! (Was he speaking the whole time? I thought some kind of bug was buzzing beside my ear... Hehehe... *Sigh*) No, I wasn’t. I apologise, Your Honor.

Omega: Hah! If that isn’t the trademark of an inexperienced rookie, I don’t know what is!

Dypo: (*Groan* Like you’re one to talk!)

Judge: Now, what were you going to say?

Dypo: Well, I just said “Hold it”, and then... I was going to suggest...
That Mr. Omegamaster006... had someone supervising him! That’s right! He doesn’t need another motive! He was, most likely, going to be disposed of if his efforts were in vain!!! That’s why you’re so hellbent on killing me! Well, witness?!

Omega: ...

There are more contradictions in there than I would expect.

First, Omega never gave any clues that Dypo was poisoned. He said:

"Dypo hasn't even spoken a word yet! He's looking dazed too. What's the matter, Dypo? Too overwhelming for you?
Anyway, let me start by saying that what Rashrules said is not-"

Reference: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/945812-ace-attorney-investigations-miles-edgeworth/54254361/601097414

And also, Potassium Cyanide is a fast-acting poison, while the medical report said that you ingested a slow-acting poison. (Check above link for the first report)

But... a modified medical report which identified the poison was released later. It was the one I gave to Chaze, just before he found the bottle of the poison.
Reference: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/945812-ace-attorney-investigations-miles-edgeworth/54254361/601484737

(I should have spotted this sooner...)

The bottle of poison was planted, all right... and the 'modified' medical report was really a fake, prepared by Omega!

Dypo: WAIT... wouldn't the person who prepared the bottle to be planted and released the fake report be Omega's supervisor? And in regards to your first point... Omega just broke down! I asked him how he knew that I had been poisoned when it might have been fatigued and he said that he 'deduced' it.

But according to what you have presented to us, Rashrules...

...Omega shouldn't have said that he deduced it! Why would he say that if he really didn't say anything related to my poisoning before the medical report came out? He admitted to my theory... when it was wrong!

Judge: I'm confused!

*crowd murmurs*

Omega: Eeh!

Rashrules: There's only one explanation to this... that this person doesn't remember what he said in that trial, and went along with what others said. Dypo said that Omega had the knowledge about the poisoning beforehand, and since Omega had forgotten what had happened, he just assumed that Dypo's assertion was correct.

But how on Earth could Omega forget what he said and why didn't he deny Dypo's argument?

It's simple... the only reason he doesn't remember is that he wasn't there.

Judge: A-are you saying...

Dypo: ...that the Omega on the stand right now...

IS FAKE?!

*crowd explodes*

Omega: Nnn... no... n-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Rashrules: I should have anticipated this! There's no way that the criminal would have risked coming to the court! He knew that we were on to him, which is the reason behind the poisoning in the previous trial! He must have guessed that we would pull a stunt like this, and so he sent us a red herring!

Dypo: Guards! Pull his face mask off!

Rashrules: All the excuses he gave us were made on-the-spot. This fake, along with Jeremiah, were hired by Omega, who in turn was hired by a supervisor. But the 'supervisor' theory has little to stand on. If Omega doesn't have a motive, then we assumed that the supervisor does. But what is that motive? Supervisor or not, we don't have a motive for the attacks, so we'll have to assume for now that there was no one else pulling the strings.

Fake Omega : *face mask is pulled off*

Please don't hurt me! I-I'm James and I needed money badly... this person... in a mask... he said he would pay me if I did this job!

Judge: James, eh?

Rashrules: Since this person came in place of Omega, we can prove that he really is guilty, isn't he?

>HOLD IT!<

Dypo: Who was that?

Judge: That would be me!

Rashrules: (I didn't think that the old man could yell that loudly...)

Judge: Isn't it possible that... someone who wanted to frame Omega sent this person? As you can see, James has no knowledge of these cases. If Omega wanted to cover up that badly and got this person to take the fall... wouldn't he have briefed him on what the scenario has been so far? This shows the possibility that another person sent James to frame Omega!

Rashrules Wha-whaaaat?

Dypo: Well, maybe Omega just didn't bother. He didn't care if we found out James was a fake, or if he actually got convicted in his place. He probably knew that James would remove his mask the second a 'Guilty' verdict would be handed down, seeing that he's a nervous wreck and wouldn't be able to defend himself even with the full story in his head.
He just wanted to buy time for himself!

Judge: But that's still a "maybe", isn't it? As long as the possibility stands, we can't convict Omega!

Rashrules: (You also forget we can't convict him because he isn't here...)

Judge: This trial is adjourned! James will be taken for questioning. We shall continue tomorrow.

Rashrules: Why tomorrow? It's not like Omega will show up, right?

Judge: He might, actually. If my theory is correct, then he will show up and claim that he had nothing to do with this impostor before us today.

Rashrules: (That's right... the real Omega will show up by tomorrow. He's a prosecutor, and everyone knows his face. It would be easy to track him down. Of course, all hospitals will be given his picture so he can't attempt plastic surgery. A price would be on his head, and he can't even get surgery done illegally, because they would turn him in. It's impossible for him to escape, so he'll show up and plead not guilty.)

Judge: You may all leave now!

((OOC: Dypo: So it wasn't for nothing after all... That's a relief, and it gave you the chance to do "something else". Sometimes I impress myself by how wrong and yet helpful I can be.))
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 02:05:29 am by Dypo » Report Spam   Logged
stealthjet
Regular Attorney

Eye'm the stongest!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 05:55:10 am »

Interlude between Case 4 1st part and Case 4 2nd part

Detention Center
People present: 2 [and security guards]

Rashrules
James
and security guards.

Rashrules: James, you'll be fine. Can you tell me about how you and the person who hired you met?

James: Well, it's something like this...

I was doing odd jobs on the street to earn money. When I was leaving for my shack at night, a man approached me. He told me to do this job, and said he would give me money. I agreed.
He directed me to a dark alley, where he gave me a face mask and told me to "simply be present at a trial" and to "leave if anything bad comes up".

Rashrules: I see. Do you remember his face or voice?

James: He was wearing a mask, and had an oddly deep voice.

Rashrules: (That means he disguised his voice too... damn, he's good.)
Do you remember anything else?

James: Well, he talked on the phone with one other person. I heard that person's voice. From what they were talking about, that person was in the Detention Center at that time.

Rashrules: ...Aah!!
(That person, could it be Jerry?! Omega could pull enough strings to talk to him even when he was in custody... I wonder what they were talking about?)
Do you remember this other person? Can you identify him if you hear him?

James: I remember his voice well. I'll be able to identify him for you.

Rashrules: (This is amazing! I've found a huge lead! Now I can prove the connection between Jerry, James and their contractor!)
James, come with me. We're going to meet this person and you'll tell me if it's the same person.

James: I'm not in any trouble, am I?

Rashrules: No, you just saved yourself and helped us all. Now, let's be on our way.

Rashrules: Guard, I would like to see Jeremiah.

Guard: Hmm, let's see here. The one whose trial you're currently prosecuting?

Rashrules: That's right. Now, please let us talk to him.

Guard: I'm sorry, I can't let you do that.

James: Eh?

Rashrules: Why not?!

Guard: Orders from... Prosecutor Omega.

Rashrules: (So he showed his face after all...)
I'm a prosecutor of a higher level than Omega! I order you to let me in!

Guard: ...That's not all, sir.

Rashrules: Huh?

Guard: Omega had the approval of the Chief, and you can't override this order unless the Chief himself says so.

Rashrules: By Chief you mean... Chief Justice?

Guard: Sir, the Chief told me to give this to you if you asked about this.

Rashrules: (It's a note...)

Prosecutor Rashrules,

I know that my nephew has caused you a lot of trouble, but I can't allow him to get into any more trouble. I'm deeply sorry about this, I just don't want him to get further involved in this. Prosecutor Omega told me what could happen to poor Jeremiah... and I can't let that happen.

Chief Justice

Rashrules: (No... NOOOOO! I was so close...!)

James: This is bad, isn't it?

Rashrules: (Omega influenced the Chief! He's a smart one!)

Guard: Sir, I think you should leave now.

Rashrules: (Now we're back to square one! Damn it!)

Guard: SIR!

Rashrules: Eh? W-what?

Guard: Sir, if there's nothing more for you to do, I suggest that you leave.

Rashrules: Al-alright...

Quote from: The_Fury_Wraith
Fury: So I'd like to join this RP if that's possible. I'd like to be a Prosecutor

Rashrules: (Well, seeing how Omega turned out as my assistant...)

(...Oh well. We need the help. The case is nearly impossible anyway.)

Sure. This is a tough case and we need all the help we can get. I suggest you read up the records of this case and the one before this involving the poisoning. You should have a clear grasp of the situation before you start making theories, otherwise they'll be chock-full of contradictions.

Tomorrow, you can stand by me in court. If a detail slips by me, or if you want to voice your opinion or theory, don't be afraid to yell ">OBJECTION!<". Alright?

Fury: Sounds good. Where do I start investigating?

Rashrules: *sigh* Well, there's not much to investigate. Our biggest lead has been denied by the Chief, and there's not much else we can build on. If you have any ideas, let us know.

Oh, and before I forget: be sure to talk to Dypo. He can help you out too.

Dypo: Welcome to our RP lair, Mr. Fury. Nice to meet you. I'm looking forward to working with you, and I can see you won't be as much of a drag as Omega was. My reasons for thinking this are (most likely) obvious:

1) Your grammar/spelling is excellent
2) Your manners are way better than Omega's
3) You seem to be sharper than Omega, which is a good sign
4) You're not ranting about the Joker/Jigsaw.

So my first impression is: You're a valuable attorney with plenty of potential. Don't disappoint us.

Quote from: The_Fury_Wraith
Fury: Thank you very much, Mr. Dypo. I promise that I will do my best to keep that first impression up. I can assure you that I'm 100% serious in my job and that I will think my theories through before I present them. You won't hear about the Joker or Jigsaw or something stupid like that from me. In addition, I'd like to apologise for the... stupid entrance I made in this topic. That could have been better and more serious on my part. But anyway, I'm looking forward to be working with you as well.

Quote from: Zero_Suit_Luigi
I would like to join your court of law.
You can call me... Zero. I hope to prove a worthy adversary in court, Mr. Dypo. You too, Fury.
*puts on trademark pilot shades and grins*

Zero, if you'd like to join, what kind of attorney would you like to be? A prosecutor, or a defense attorney? This is the current list of participants:

Defense Attorneys:
- Dypo
- Chaze_the_Chat (Chaze)
- Stealthjet

Prosecutors:
- Rashrules
- The_Fury_Wraith (Fury)

So we have 3 defense attorneys, and 2 prosecutors. However, 2 defense attorneys aren't completely active, so I'll leave the choice to you for now. I think I can probably manage myself, but help would be appreciated. I'm sure Rashrules is of the same opinion. Omega wasn't much of a help either.

May 11th, 13:46
Dypo's house
Dypo's office

Dypo: (Rashrules said he was going to visit Jerry to get some more leads... Wonder if he's there yet.)

*Someone knocks on the front door*

Dypo: (Maybe that's him! I wouldn't be too surprised; he's an efficient investigator.)
*Opens front door* Ah, are you done investigating?

Rashrules: No, because... Omega's been influencing Chief Justice, and now I'm prohibited from talking to Jerry. The investigation has been put on hold for now.

Dypo: What?! But-But doesn't the Chief know about his, err, crimes? If he did, then why would he...

Rashrules: ... I don't know.

Dypo: Either way, we'll have to convince him this is crucial if we are to find the culprit. We already know it's Omega, but we don't have concrete proof.

Rashrules: I don't think he's going to agree, but we're not going to lose before trying.

Dypo: Alright, let's go. Otherwise, the truth may never come to light.

May 11th, 14:30
District Court
Chief Justice's Office

Dypo: *Knocks on office's door* Chief! We have to talk to you. It's about Jerry.

Chief: ... Go away. I can't allow him to get into any more trouble.

Dypo: Please, will you at least hear us out before declining?

Chief: I suppose I will. Don't expect too much, though...

Rashrules: Thank you, sir.

Chief: Sit down, and tell me what you want. I might change my mind.

Dypo: Alright, let me explain.

It all began when a mysterious attacker shot me while Jerry was escorting me to the Detention Centre. From that day on, I've been in a bit of trouble. There have already been three attempts to murder me.

For some reason, someone poisoned me in court. Some days after, that same person employed Jerry to kill me when I was at my weakest. However, the plot foiled, due to me calling the nurse, Marina. We believe the culprit behind these schemes to be Omegamaster006, but we don't have decisive evidence to convict him.

However, we are also under the impression that Omega has someone supervising him, thus explaining why he has no motive. We believe Jerry may be able to clear some things up regarding his employer and this "supervisor". That's why you have to let us talk to Jerry!

Chief: ... What a weak story.

Dypo: ...! What?! You call that a weak story?!

Chief: Indeed. Now be gone, before I call my guards.

Rashrules: But-But sir...!

Chief: Not. Another. Word. End of discussion.

Dypo: *groan* C'mon, Mr. Rashrules, we don't need this man's help. (I've got an idea...)

Rashrules: Before we go, let me make one thing clear.

Chief: Oh? And what would that be?

Rashrules: The truth will be revealed, whether you'll help us or not.

We were confused and angry. We'd given him an explanation, but... I just got an idea. However unlikely, it was the only explanation. Thus, it had to be the truth.

Back at Dypo's house...

Dypo: ... Mr. Rashrules.

Rashrules: Yes? I'm sorry, I'm not feeling too well after that. It was quite a shock...

Dypo: It has something to do with the Chief. I just got a crazy idea. What if Chief Justice is, in actuality, Omega's supervisor?

Rashrules: What?! What made you think that?!

Dypo: There are some clues which point in that direction. For example, there was his attitude. It went a bit too far. Even if he did want to protect his nephew, we've given him a perfectly reasonable explanation. Besides, we've never said we thought Jerry was guilty of some other crimes. Jerry wouldn't get into any more trouble, and yet he denied. What could his reason be? Yes, he's wary of us, because he's Omega's supervisor!

Rashrules: ... Somehow, it actually makes sense! It seems this mess is somewhat deeper than we expected...

Dypo: Yeah... How are we going to prove it...?

Yes, how were we going to prove it? It's nearly impossible, seeing as it was likely that Chief Justice had some rights at his disposal. It would be similar to Gant's rights, but he'd have to have more rights than Gant did. Chief Justice was one of the "top tiers", as strange as it may sound.

Rashrules: Do you remember our questioning of Jerry in the Detention Center?

Dypo: Of course. That's when he confessed.

Rashrules: Know how he said that he "didn't uphold one part of the bargain" on the night of the first attack on you?

"I had to uphold one part of the bargain, which I didn't. I-it's something you have to do... I can't go into detail about that. But I didn't do it, and he was angry. He really tried to shoot me that day... and then I instinctively pulled out my gun and fired at him. Of course, the only bullet loaded in it was the 'fake' bullet as Mr. Dypo pointed out earlier at my house. He thought that I'd anticipated him and was ready to shoot back. He was wrong, I'm not that smart."
(reference: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/945812-ace-attorney-investigations-miles-edgeworth/54254361/601874835)

Rashrules: It was one big lie.

Dypo: I like where this is going. Go on.

Rashrules: I'll start from the beginning.

Chief wants you dead. I don't know why, though. He hires Omega and his nephew, Jerry. Of course, Jerry probably got paid more than Omega. Blood is thicker than water, after all. So Omega was angry.

Omega goes back on the deal and attacks Jerry. You know how that ended. So, since this attempt failed, you stay alive. BUT... the reason why Chief lets you off your sentence is not because you saved his nephew, but because it would be very hard to kill you in jail. He keeps you out so you can be murdered that way!

Dypo: Argh! That bastard!

Rashrules: Now, Chief is angry at Omega. Omega can't fight back against Chief Justice, after all. So Chief tells Omega that he has one more chance.
Now, Omega poisons you.
But that fails too.
After a second failure, what would the Chief do?

Dypo: If I were a ruthless criminal, I would kill a lackey if he failed too many times.

Rashrules: Naturally, as any such criminal would.

Dypo: Y-you don't mean that...

Rashrules: Ah, but I do. Tell me, have we seen Omega in person since the trial in which you were poisoned?

Dypo: No... but that means... he's...

Rashrules: ...He's been disposed of. Murdered. I... I can't manage to put it through my head completely either. But it explains a number of things:

1. Why it was Jerry who came to the hospital room and shot Marina, not Omega. Chief was pulling the strings, and he wouldn't put his nephew at risk like that unless he had to.
2. James wasn't sent because the real Omega wanted to stay out of trouble, but because the real one was dead.
3. James didn't know about the facts of the previous trial, for example how he accepted your theory that he showed signs of having prior knowledge to your poisoning while he really didn't. The reason we assumed he wasn't informed by Omega about the details was this:

"Dypo: Well, maybe Omega just didn't bother. He didn't care if we found out James was a fake, or if he actually got convicted in his place. He probably knew that James would remove his mask the second a 'Guilty' verdict would be handed down, seeing that he's a nervous wreck and wouldn't be able to defend himself even with the full story in his head.
He just wanted to buy time for himself!"

The real reason... was that he was dead. Chief didn't know the exact facts of the case; he only cared if you were successfully poisoned. When he sent James as the fake Omega, he couldn't brief him on all the facts.

Dypo: Everything is coming together!

Rashrules: James was being honest. He said that the person who hired him wore a mask and had an oddly deep voice, making him unrecognizable. He also mentioned that this person talked to someone who was in police custody. Now, Chief WOULD be able to have some form of contact with his own nephew, wouldn't he? Why would Omega be able to gain contact with Jerry? (reference: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/945812-ace-attorney-investigations-miles-edgeworth/54254361/602766552)

Dypo: I'm... quite dazed. This is very unexpected.

Rashrules: To be honest, so am I. But everything fits together. This... is the truth.
We've got a solid argument; all we need in tomorrow's trial is a motive and concrete evidence.

Dypo: ...both of which happen to be the most important thing in proving someone's guilt.

Rashrules: We can only hope for a miracle...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 02:06:00 am by Dypo » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: