Ace Attorney: The Roleplay
April 19, 2024, 09:33:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Ace Attorney RP!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Ace Attorney RP

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Ace Attorney RP  (Read 8472 times)
Dypo
The Overworked Sprite Artist
Administrator
Experienced Attorney

View Profile WWW
« on: July 04, 2010, 03:22:19 am »

Interlude between Case 3 and Case 4

Chaze_the_Chat
Chaze: Hello, I'm Chaze, and I'm the Defense Attorney for this next case. So, the defence of the last case fell? Poisoned?

Rashrules
Rashrules: Ah, hello, Mr. Chaze. I'm sure that you were sent as a replacement for Mr. Dypo, correct?

Chaze: Yes, that's right.

Rashrules: I'm afraid that the verdict has already been called. It has been roughly a hour since Dypo fainted, and for the past 50 minutes or so we were waiting for his medical report to come by. For the past remaining 10 minutes we were discussing its contents. I'm sorry, but you shall not be needed today.

I hope to see you perform in court someday, though. Everyone is leaving now.

Chaze: It's been an honour to meet you. But if I may ask, what are you planning to do now?

Rashrules: I'm going to gather clues about the poisoning and the first assault on our hospitalized defence attorney. You sound interested, would you like to be a part of this and join the investigation?

Chaze: ...

Rashrules: ... So you need some time to think about it? I must emphasize that if you do join, you need to be familiar with the previous cases. I have a feeling they're connected.

Here are the records of those cases:

*present http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=945812&topic=54554562*

Chaze: Thank you.

________

Prosecutor's Office
4:45 P.M.
Rashrules's room

Rashrules: I need to gather my thoughts. I know the prime suspect: Omega. He knew about the trap, but showed up in court anyway because he knew that if anyone would fall into the trap, it would be us in his.

I need some information: His motive, how he knew about our plan in court and how he poisoned Dypo. It will be impossible to catch him without this information. The reason why this information was not needed when we would launch the trap on him in court is because he would be incredibly taken aback, possibly unable to defend himself in that case.

But now.... it's a different matter.

I think I'll start with the second point. How did he know about our plan?
The only people who knew were the four of us who were present in the meeting in the Police Headquarters. They were Dypo, the Police Chief... or was it Chief Justice? I seem to have forgotten... no, focus, Rashrules!
It was Dypo, the Chief, his nephew and me.
I can rule myself and Dypo out. I haven't done it, and Dypo would not shoot or poison himself. But as for the other two, I'll need to do some investigating.

One of these people told the culprit. Or maybe one of these two are the culprit. But then... why would they poison Dypo if he was going after the wrong person anyway? That definitely proves that Omega is the culprit and he was told by one of these two.

*knock on the door*

Worker: Sir, there are renovations going on in the hall, and everyone is asked to leave for their homes.

Rashrules: Alright. Thank you.

(Hmm... I've got two likely accomplices, assuming that they didn't tell anyone else. Not bad for day one. I can think at home too, but then I'll just tax my mind. It'll be better if I rest now so I can continue tomorrow.)

Chaze_the_Chat
Chaze: Yes, I'd love to be part of this investigation.

---

Chaze: Hmm, I guess I might as well get up to the scene of the crime, the court room.

Some day, some time
District Court
Courtroom No. 3

Chaze: Ahh, haven't been here in a while, ever since...that day, that accident. But that doesn't matter now. What I am going to do is investigate. Ah, Mr. Rashrules.

Rashrules: Hm, Mr. Chaze. I was wondering when you would show up.

Chaze: That's nice to hear, Rashrules. I was just getting ready to start my investigation.

Rashrules: OK.

Chaze: So, has the medical report been released?

Rashrules: Yup, here you go. It seems like he was poisoned by Potassium cyanide.

Chaze: *searches for a bit* Hm, is that what I see? A bottle of Potassium cyanide?

Rashrules: Nice find, Chaze!

Dypo
(Nice! Finally, we're getting some support!)
___

At the hospital...

Dypo: U-urgh. *Coughs* Why did they poison me...? What'd I do? I feel faint... Hm?!

I saw a shadow lurking by the windows. It reminded me of something, but I couldn't place it. The poison made me weak. But when the shadow tried to approach me, it was hard not to notice. It was the "killer" who shot me. I tried to jump out of bed, but I was too weak... Instead, I slammed the button beside my hospital bed. It was my only chance. Running would only make it worse, considering the position I was in. All I could see was a nurse, rushing into my room. Then I fainted, due to the poison.

Nurse: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!! A ghost!!!

??: I'm fed-up with people thwarting my evil plans... So you are going to DIE!

Nurse: N-no! HELP MEEEEEEEE!!!

??: It's a pity you couldn't just die quietly... Now I'll have to silence you. *Shoots her*

BANG!

Doctor: Who's there?! *Sees dead body* Aaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!! Marina, no! You... YOU BASTARD! She... Marina was my wife!!! I'll do anything to thwart your malicious plans! GUYS!

Bodyguards: SIR!

??: Hmph... I'm outnumbered, and my gun only has 5 rounds left. They'll eventually get to me, and it'll have been for naught. I'll be taking my leave, if you don't mind. Kekekekekeh! *Flees through the open window*

Doctor: I DO mind! Get the hell back here! *sobs* Marina... I'll avenge you, even if it kills me...! I'll go after him! ... No, that won't do. I need to think this over rationally. If I can describe his movements in utmost detail, I'm sure this patient can help me. I've heard he's a defense attorney, and a good one at that.
Now, what did he say again... "He had 5 rounds left?" One shot has been fired on Marina, so I guess that means his gun has 6 rounds total.

LOGIC FRAGMENT aqcuired:
The culprit had 6 rounds total, and its side said "Millennium". Will this aid in the investigation?

Doctor: Did he say anything else? ... No, that was everything. I'm fairly sure it said something like Millennium, though. I'll report this to Mr. Dypo once he wakes up.

Later...

Dypo: I-I'm alive! That's a relief. *sees Doctor cleaning away some blood* Whaaaaa!! What happened?! Did he kill someone?

Doctor: Unfortunately, he did. It was my wife, Marina.

Dypo: W-WHAAAAT?! You can't be serious! If not for me, she-

Doctor: No need to apologise, Mr. Dypo. I would've done the exact same thing if I were in your position. And there was no way for you to have known this beforehand. In any case, I've heard him say something rather interesting: He had 5 rounds left. Which means, that his gun had 6 rounds total. Also, its side said "Millenium".

Dypo: Hm... That might help. It eliminates the possibility that it's a gun with more or less than 6 rounds. And it said "Millennium", you say? That means, that it's probably a gun from the Taurus Millennium Series. Now THAT'S a fact that helps. Those guns are only manufactured in Brazil. I'm going to report this to Mr. Rashrules.

Doctor: But you're not strong enough yet! No one can be healed of this poison that fast!

Dypo: It seems to me that you're forgetting a vital fact.

Doctor: Which is...?

Dypo: I am one who upholds justice. Those who do have supreme curing mechanisms inside their bodies. ("This roughly translates as: I was trying to worm my way back into the story." - Dypo
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 03:13:13 pm by Dypo » Report Spam   Logged

HOLD IT!
Whilst scrolling, you may have missed the above post, which contains a vast amount of truth, reason, and wisdom.
You should read it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: