Ace Attorney: The Roleplay
March 29, 2024, 06:50:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Ace Attorney RP!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Ace Attorney RP

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Ace Attorney RP  (Read 8426 times)
Dypo
The Overworked Sprite Artist
Administrator
Experienced Attorney

View Profile WWW
« on: July 04, 2010, 03:15:23 am »

Rashrules
Omega: >OBJECTION!<
What is the relevance of that? Chips or popcorn, the crime isn't any different!

Also, isn't this as good as a confession?
"*As the tension in the court builds I intensely and noisily eat popcorn*"
(edited to make more fitting)

Rashrules: I'll tell you, Omega.

Judge: Witness?!

Rashrules: Here is a new way of looking at things. How about that... McFazzer was framed?

Omega: YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE HELPING ME!

Rashrules: Think of this as a test, if you must.

Judge: W-where are you going with this?

Rashrules: Look at his quote again.
"*As the tension in the court builds I intensely and noisily eat popcorn*"

But, if you take into account when it was said, it was after the trial was over. The tension had already reached the climax and had ended!

*crowd murmurs*

Rashrules: Don't forget that there was a lot of commotion after the verdict was given. So among all the noise and confusion, you can't confirm that McFazzer said those words. The popcorn and chips inconsistency can be explained this way too. Both were planted there to frame him, it's just that sometimes people like me referred to one of them but not the other.

Judge: I see! I never thought I would see the day when a witness of all people would come up with a zany theory!

Omega: Witness! You are dismissed! Grrr...

Rashrules: Alright, then. I'll stand by you now, to get a good view of things. (Hmm... He might be suspicious that I'm not exactly on his side...)

Judge: What does the defense have to say about this? Also, since a lot of people were present during the last trial, would anyone else like to testify?

Dypo: ...

Rashrules: *goes to the defense's bench and quietly whispers* Dypo.

Dypo: What?

Rashrules: It's your turn. Omega is a little suspicious, I think. But if you can spring the crime he is guilty of onto him and derail the court, then there's a chance that the current trial will be held at a later date, probably with a new attorney. Which means that you won't have to deal with McFazzer's goons!

But we'll have to continue this trial for now. He's got his guard up because of my testimony. Let him relax a bit, and then go on the offensive.

Dypo: Got it. I'll keep going with this... and then I'll accuse him of what he's done when he's unwary.

Rashrules: *goes to the Prosecutor's bench next to Omega*

Judge: Would the defense like to say something?

____
(If you're a viewer, you can be a part of this too. Just testify!)

Rashrules
(I keep switching around between spellings of defense/defence. Sorry.)

Rashrules: (...aah!)

Dypo: (Looks like Rashrules just realized something. Hm, I wonder what he probably has to say now? Too bad I can't talk to him from across the room.)

Omega: Mr. Rashrules, I'm sorry for my outburst earlier. I know now that you were testing me because the defence is clearly incapable of providing any challenge at all. After I win this trial, I'll be honoured to be your assistant.

Rashrules: (His voice tells me that he's still suspicious of me. Is he trying to throw me off the track? Hmph. I just deduced this entire case now, I can only hope that Dypo and I are on the same page.)

Dypo: *ahem* The defence's stance on the current topic is... (I hope whatever Rashrules has to say doesn't rub Omega the wrong way...)

Rashrules
Sorry Omega. We thought you left the topic and I did what I could with your 'character'.

"I found worst case. Mr. McFazzer was eating potato crisps right. But why he have bag of Pop Corn?
Is potato crisps in it? Is that trick? Hmm..."

What's with all the grammatical errors?

Rashrules: >OBJECTION!<

Judge: Mr. Rashrules! What is it now?

Rashrules: I just deduced what might have happened. This-

Judge: Overruled. You are not the prosecutor in this case, so I would advise you not to interfere.

Rashrules: This is impo-

Judge: Didn't I make myself clear?

Rashrules: Crystal clear, but that doesn't mean a thing. The truth will not be stopped by an old man like you. Now be quiet and listen.

Judge: W-wh... Y-yes, alright...

Rashrules: You must be thinking: 'If the chips were behind McFazzer's seat, but the popcorn was still found on his seat, doesn't that still make him guilty?' The answer is yes.

You must also be thinking that 'McFazzer's picking up the chips behind him to throw in the dustbin' is nothing but a possibility without evidence.

But... McFazzer never had the popcorn, neither the chips. I'll prove the latter.

Judge: How will you do that?

Rashrules: Take a look at this:

"I was waiting for another one of these *grabs chips and a drink* continue please *munch munch"

Something said by a person name Veteran_outlaw. And that person is the guilty party!

*music starts playing*

Rashrules: As for the former... take a look at when the defendant started munching the popcorn. It was right after the trial ended, was it not? A quick look at the records will tell you that.

Omega: ...True.

Rashrules: Now, the contradiction here is what the defendant said himself... for what he was convicted!

"*As the tension in the court builds I intensely and noisily eat popcorn*

*CHOMP* *CHOMP* *CHOMP* *CHOMP* *GULP*"

You see... the tension in the court had already climaxed and ended. This brings up several questions. Why would he make a mistake like that? He was paying attention to the trial, wasn't he? Why would he unnecessarily make a fool of himself with such a comment?

Unless... it was someone else who framed him. Someone who wasn't paying too much attention to the trial, only focusing on planting the popcorn and thinking up ways of luring McFazzer to pick up the bag of chips.
After the climax, the court was noisy. Everyone was discussing the verdict. Some would hear the above 'comment' amidst the noise. They wouldn't pay much thought to it. But when McFazzer is arrested, they would automatically assume that he was the one who said it. Thus, more evidence against him.

Dypo: (But McFazzer admitted to me that he was guilty in the lobby! Rashrules doesn't know that yet! He too thought that the defendant was guilty earlier, but now he's entertaining the fact that he isn't! If only I could tell him from here...)

Rashrules: This proves with little doubt that McFazzer was framed. Either Veteran_outlaw did it alone, or he had an accomplice or two. We can't really tell currently, since we only know that Veteran_outlaw had the bag of chips, not popcorn. But McFazzer is innocent. I can guarantee that.

Dypo: (...No! He's on the wrong track! McFazzer is GUILTY! He said so... he even threatened me with his friends! I should yell 'Objection!'... but I'm feeling a little weak for... some reason.)

Judge: A sound theory! I'm glad I listened after all!

Omega: Why, you're practically doing the defence's job for him! And this is a decent test for me. Dypo hasn't even spoken a word yet! He's looking dazed too. What's the matter, Dypo? Too overwhelming for you?
Anyway, let me start by saying that what Rashrules said is not-

Dypo: Objection!

Judge: That was a weak objection. Normally, you attorneys yell loudly-

Dypo: >OBJECTION!< *cough*
The defence... does not... AGREE! *sputter*

Judge: I say, are you fine Mr. Dypo? And what Mr. Rashrules said has been beneficial to your case!

Dypo: (What should I tell them? ...I can't... tell them what McFazzer said! But... wait.)
(This is what Rashrules was telling me about! I'll... go on the offensive about Omega's crime and postpone the... current trial!)

??: >HOLD IT!< I said, "Hold it!" folks!

Judge: I-it's the defendant!

McFazzer: Yup, it's me! Listen to me, Mr. Defence attorney!

Dypo: ...?

McFazzer: What I said to you in the lobby was ONE BIG LIE! I don't have any mean friends like that! I thought... that you would try to find the truth instead of getting a 'not guilty' verdict. Yes, I'm innocent I tell ya! But with all that evidence pointing at me, I thought that you would think that the 'truth' was me being guilty! So I threatened you out of fear!
What Mr. Prosecutor said is true! No, not the one over there. The one next to him, the one with a name like gashmules or something!

Dypo: (Something tells me that he's not lying. Then that means... I can finish the trail without worrying about myself... g-guh... feeling... faint...)

Omega: Hah! You're just sticking with whichever story makes you appear innocent!

Judge: But Mr. Rashrules' logic is flawless! It makes complete sense! Can you disprove it?

Omega: ...GAH!

Rashrules: Was my 'test' too hard, Omega? Don't worry, there are a lot of great attorneys who have their first case not end in their favour. Dypo is just an example.

Judge: I shall hand down my verdict. Any last words from the defence?

Dypo: (a..a..rr..g...h... can barely...stay...conscious... he said 'any last words?'... how fitting, seeing how... I'm going to turn out...)

*THUMP*

Judge: What?! The defense... fell down!

*crowd murmurs*

Rashrules: Call an ambulance, quick! He looked unwell to me!

Judge: The verdict is 'Not Guilty!' Now let's check his pulse!

Omega: Hm...

MEDICAL REPORT
Patient No: 31305
Name: Dypo
Hospital Room: 8
Notes:
Was infected with slow-acting poison. He was saved in time. Is currently weak and will recover in approximately 10 days.

(The trial that just happened was all a trap... but two unexpected things happened. The client who we thought was guilty was really innocent. And the trap prepared for the person who shot Dypo and the Chief Justice's nephew... failed. We don't know how Dypo was poisoned, but it had something to do with the trap we were about to spring. Him getting shot, and now poisoned by possibly the same person... who knew what was in store next?)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 03:06:53 pm by Dypo » Report Spam   Logged

HOLD IT!
Whilst scrolling, you may have missed the above post, which contains a vast amount of truth, reason, and wisdom.
You should read it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: