Ace Attorney: The Roleplay
March 28, 2024, 05:45:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Ace Attorney RP!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Hi, I'm here.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi, I'm here.  (Read 1063 times)
stealthjet
Regular Attorney

Eye'm the stongest!

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2010, 02:19:46 am »

I was the first to register, but I'm currently the latest to respond of all active people. XD

This is basically moved from the chat box to a topic because I realised I'm writing blocks of text on a chat box, which should not be the case at all.

To restate (and explain further) from my chat box stuff:

I think the Rules & Regulations category should be moved to the top to make it more obvious, and the chat box to the bottom otherwise Random Chat seems out of place. Then again, it might be just me. (I've done web design before, so I might be quite picky about things like this.)

Also, for the archives of the RP, I realise that Dypo had already posted part of it. I was intending to reformat my compilation before I posted it here, but it seems I'm too slow. X_X And I intended to have each post in quotes for each person and the entire post copypasted literally (with exception of OOC parts) as I believe that even the way things are presented could be turned into a plot point (ie. everything can be a plot point).

And now, I don't really like the chatbox. I can't copy stuff of it, so I had to retype this. Sad
Anyway, as rashrules had stated, I think we should finish the current case first on GameFAQs, but I can't think of a possible explanation to everything. It all seems so...unconnected/irrevelant (for lack of better word(s) that I can think of right now). Any ideas?

So...yeah.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Dypo
The Overworked Sprite Artist
Administrator
Experienced Attorney

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 05:18:32 am »

I've already moved the forums. But I don't see why it (the post formatting) would need to be in quotes. I'm not completely changing the wording; I'm changing the formatting and correcting typos, nothing more. Furthermore, if I put the posts in quotes, the quotes inside the quotes will go unnoticed.
Report Spam   Logged

HOLD IT!
Whilst scrolling, you may have missed the above post, which contains a vast amount of truth, reason, and wisdom.
You should read it.
stealthjet
Regular Attorney

Eye'm the stongest!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 12:35:23 pm »

The quotes separate different posts. This will make the different posts by each different person easier to identify and read. Right now, posts are simply separated by boldified names. In the compilation, due to slightly different font sizes, they are easier to identify, but here, they become the same as when there is boldified text in the post (unless if you also change the sizes, but I personally think putting each post in quotes is more obvious, the poster can be put in the quote attributes (customising the tag attributes are allowed in simple machines forums right?)).

And I don't see why quotes in the quotes would go unnoticed, the forums does allow nested quotes right? (Unless if I'm horribly mistaken about how simple machines forums works.) Also, considering that more of GameFAQs forums is plain text, quotes also won't be affected anyway, unless if we're talking about different types of quotes.

Also, about typos, all the more I won't want them to be fixed. The first 2 cases were all about typos. XD

I think some of the post formatting could be done, such as ensuring proper line breaks to make it look even etc. But I preferably wouldn't want to change much, because I believe that anything and everything and provide information, no matter how subtle, and by extension, possibly provide evidence. (then again, I might be picking at details here)

Although, to do this formatting, it may be quite a bit of work. Then again, considering that you're reformatting everything, I don't think this would take up much more time. I would have intended to do it, but you've already started, although I intended to have the archiving done after I thought of an idea to the current plot. (Which, sadly, I'm still thinking.)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 01:16:30 pm by stealthjet » Report Spam   Logged
Dypo
Administrator
Experienced Attorney

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 12:57:52 pm »

Could you clarify the bit about the "nested quotes"? Do you mean single/double quotation marks? If you do, then that's all right, because that could work. I thought you meant doing this: [ i ]........[ / i ] (Remove the spaces).

Also, only the typos that don't hold any connection to the story are fixed. Typos which are important to the story (like the first/second cases) won't be fixed. Ever.

Just to clarify.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 03:47:16 am by Dypo » Report Spam   Logged

HOLD IT!
Whilst scrolling, you may have missed the above post, which contains a vast amount of truth, reason, and wisdom.
You should read it.
stealthjet
Regular Attorney

Eye'm the stongest!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 01:18:06 pm »

Could you clarify the bit about the "nested quotes"? Do you mean single/double quotation marks? If you do, then that's all right, because that could work. I thought you meant doing this: [ i ]........[ / i ] (Remove the square brackets).

Also, only the typos that don't hold any connection to the story are fixed. Typos which are important to the story (like the first/second cases) won't be fixed. Ever.

Just to clarify.

I meant this kind of quotes. There's a author attribute that you can put, and then remove all other attributes. Well, you never know when something might become important. XD
Report Spam   Logged
Dypo
Administrator
Experienced Attorney

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 01:34:41 pm »

Ah, yes, I see.
Report Spam   Logged

HOLD IT!
You should read it.
stealthjet
Regular Attorney

Eye'm the stongest!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 06:15:45 am »

Dypo, in the process of creating the storyline for the current case, I may be depending on a specific phrasing. Please either don't change any phrasing in the process of the formatting or just don't (continue to) put up the archive for the current case yet.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 06:18:43 am by stealthjet » Report Spam   Logged
Dypo
Administrator
Experienced Attorney

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 09:20:28 am »

All right then. I'll stop archiving the posts for now.
Report Spam   Logged

HOLD IT!
You should read it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: